Bike Cafe · Public discussion

Sani Pass ride March 2007

Started by Roddo · · Last activity · 8 posts · 3,107 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
29 September 2006
Last activity
18 October 2006
Original author
Roddo
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,107
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hey!

    I will be coming to SA from Australia next march for the Argus and will then be staying in the Natal midlands for a couple of weeks.

    I have long entertained the notion that a day ride to the top of Sani Pass and down might be worth doing.

    Can anyone with some knowledge of the area let me know the feasibility of this. If it is a "go-er" I would like to have a crack at it but would prefer to have "street smart" company as the stories we hear about the security situation in SA are enough to turn your hair curly.

    If this comes off will need to beg borrow or hire a suitable bike but will follow that up in due course.

  2. I've just re-read that and must amend it to clarify that I am looking for a like minded person to accompany me on this.

    Any volunteers?

    I do not bite, have a reasonable sense of humour but little ability with languages other than english.

  3. Try one of these local forums,ENJOY the Argus i'll wave as you go past🙂
    thehubsa.co.zathehubsa.co.za
    bicycling.co.zaforum

  4. HowardSteele said:

    Try one of these local forums,ENJOY the Argus i'll wave as you go past🙂
    thehubsa.co.zathehubsa.co.za
    bicycling.co.zaforum

    Thanks howard, I was beginning to stress that I might have BO or something!

  5. Roddo said:

    Thanks howard, I was beginning to stress that I might have BO or something!

    [font=Comic Sans MS]No problem,Ive found the this South african site very slow at this forum,and have been told its because there are dozens of SA sites,So i hope you suceed at getting advice.Loking at your old posts did you manage to get some advice on the argus?The bicycling site I advised is the local mags forum and they cover the race from exercise to bike selection,pre race ofcourse you might benefit by getting a pre race issue.this years issue coverd the ride,medical points just about all you needed to know.Drop them a line and request the issue you'll have to clarify the issue month.[/font]

  6. HowardSteele said:

    [font=Comic Sans MS]No problem,Ive found the this South african site very slow at this forum,and have been told its because there are dozens of SA sites,So i hope you suceed at getting advice.Loking at your old posts did you manage to get some advice on the argus?The bicycling site I advised is the local mags forum and they cover the race from exercise to bike selection,pre race ofcourse you might benefit by getting a pre race issue.this years issue coverd the ride,medical points just about all you needed to know.Drop them a line and request the issue you'll have to clarify the issue month.[/font]

    Live in Tokai eh? Lucky [censored]!

    Thanks for the site advice - I'll got on to a couple of them. This will be my second argus - did 2005 and it was so awesome I've been boring the local cyclists ever since and have now managed to convince my nephew in Seattle to ride with me next year!

    Thanks for the advice.

  7. [quote="Roddo"]Live in Tokai eh? Lucky [censored]!

    [font=Comic Sans MS]YEP! That we are,[/font]

    [font='Times New Roman'][font=Comic Sans MS]Race day the whole family gets up and we walk down to the bridge at the Tokai turn off, I’m strictly MTB, and don’t like crowds while ridding, but a good number of my family members and of course my cycle mates come past and we wave and shout encouragement. I do the Tokai to Cape point, misty cliff run occasionally on or mtb’ s on slicks of course. But it’s the Constantia berg mountain for me I ride up daily usually to the lookout and then of course I try and do the mast run once a month. You have probably heard of the Mast challenge from the Arboretum gate to the mast. Its just under 10ks climbing to 950 meters half gravel half tar road, well the winning time this year was 38min.check out the pics of the ride I’ve posted on the photo page. But it’s a piece of cake if you looking at the Sani pass.[/font] [/font]

  8. [quote="Roddo"]Hey!
    I have long entertained the notion that a day ride to the top of Sani Pass and down might be worth doing.QUOTE]
    [font=Comic Sans MS]You have awakened my interest in doing the Sani Pass, But on checking local info,are you aware the Sani epic has been cancelled ? Dec. 2006 due to scheduled road works on the Sani pass.[/font]

    [font='Times New Roman'][font=Comic Sans MS]CHECK OUT THE SITE BELOW. I’ll try and source some dates of work on the repairs.[/font][/font]

    drakensbergmtb.co.zaTransfrontier MTB Race.htm

    [font=Comic Sans MS]Also you need a passport to enter the lesotho side which you would have of course ,but you nmight need one of those multple entry thingies.Entry: public access, but an international border into Lesotho makes passports vital.[/font]

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.