General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Sandisk Sansa m260 4GB MP3 player

Started by Kalos · · Last activity · 7 posts · 1,908 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
15 January 2006
Last activity
17 January 2006
Original author
Kalos
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,908
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi all,

    I was curious if anyone has bought either the Sandisk m260
    4GB player or the m250, who can possibly comment on its
    audio quality. I have heard that the iPod is the gold standard
    (if you don't mind the controversial scratching problem)
    however I would prefer a device that has FM radio and
    voice recorder built-in. I have seen the m260 on sale only
    at Circuit City but for a low price, something like US$180.

    Thanks for any info-
    Kalos

  2. Kalos said:

    Hi all,

    I was curious if anyone has bought either the Sandisk m260
    4GB player or the m250, who can possibly comment on its
    audio quality. I have heard that the iPod is the gold standard
    (if you don't mind the controversial scratching problem)
    however I would prefer a device that has FM radio and
    voice recorder built-in. I have seen the m260 on sale only
    at Circuit City but for a low price, something like US$180.


    The way the Sansas 'sort' mp3 files creates quite a mess in the 1GB
    players. I can't imagine the mess you'd have with 4GB worth of files
    scattered. Until Sandisk updates their firmware, I'd stay away from
    them.

  3. I had a sansa 4 gb. I took it back because of the audio quality- very poor.
    As the previous poster mentioned, it sorted the songs in a strange way and
    was not at all intuitive. The price was great ($150 @ circuit city), but
    because of the low quality of the player itself, the value was not good at
    all.

    I-River is awesome- great sound, great features. No genre sorting in the
    one I had, unfortunately. But still very good player. Just expensive.

    "Chuck" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:J6yyf.17461$he.3762@trnddc03...
    : On 2006-01-15, Kalos <[email hidden]> wrote:
    : > Hi all,
    : >
    : > I was curious if anyone has bought either the Sandisk m260
    : > 4GB player or the m250, who can possibly comment on its
    : > audio quality. I have heard that the iPod is the gold standard
    : > (if you don't mind the controversial scratching problem)
    : > however I would prefer a device that has FM radio and
    : > voice recorder built-in. I have seen the m260 on sale only
    : > at Circuit City but for a low price, something like US$180.
    : >
    : The way the Sansas 'sort' mp3 files creates quite a mess in the 1GB
    : players. I can't imagine the mess you'd have with 4GB worth of files
    : scattered. Until Sandisk updates their firmware, I'd stay away from
    : them.

  4. Kalos said:

    Hi all,

    I was curious if anyone has bought either the Sandisk m260
    4GB player or the m250, who can possibly comment on its
    audio quality. I have heard that the iPod is the gold standard
    (if you don't mind the controversial scratching problem)
    however I would prefer a device that has FM radio and
    voice recorder built-in. I have seen the m260 on sale only
    at Circuit City but for a low price, something like US$180.

    Thanks for any info-
    Kalos

    Kalos, I've been a skeptic about claims that iPod is way superior to
    other MP3 players until I tried them for myself. I bought and returned
    two highly rated non-iPod MP3 players (iRiver and Creative) before
    deciding to try the iPod nano. In my view nano to all the other
    non-Apple MP3 players is like Lexus is to Ford.

    Do you REALLY need the FM radio and voice recorder functionality? Or
    you think those might be nice to have? I honestly can't imagine why
    anyone would want to listen to numerous commercials on FM while they
    have commercial-free music that they definitely like in the palm of
    their hand. And in my personal and professional lives I've never met a
    person who used a voice recorder.

    I suggest you sit down and think hard about the reasons why you're
    buying an MP3 player and figure out what's truly important to YOU.

  5. "Andrew White" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    : "Kalos" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    :
    : >Hi all,
    : >
    : >I was curious if anyone has bought either the Sandisk m260
    : >4GB player or the m250, who can possibly comment on its
    : >audio quality. I have heard that the iPod is the gold standard
    : >(if you don't mind the controversial scratching problem)
    : >however I would prefer a device that has FM radio and
    : >voice recorder built-in. I have seen the m260 on sale only
    : >at Circuit City but for a low price, something like US$180.
    : >
    : >Thanks for any info-
    : >Kalos
    :
    : Kalos, I've been a skeptic about claims that iPod is way superior to
    : other MP3 players until I tried them for myself. I bought and returned
    : two highly rated non-iPod MP3 players (iRiver and Creative) before
    : deciding to try the iPod nano. In my view nano to all the other
    : non-Apple MP3 players is like Lexus is to Ford.
    :
    : Do you REALLY need the FM radio and voice recorder functionality? Or
    : you think those might be nice to have? I honestly can't imagine why
    : anyone would want to listen to numerous commercials on FM while they
    : have commercial-free music that they definitely like in the palm of
    : their hand. And in my personal and professional lives I've never met a
    : person who used a voice recorder.
    :
    : I suggest you sit down and think hard about the reasons why you're
    : buying an MP3 player and figure out what's truly important to YOU.

    OK- hate to do it, but I second that- the Ipod Nano is amazing. And yes, I
    did give up the FM feature. Well worth it, in my estimation. The ONLY real
    drawback is the rechargeable battery. But that's just an issue of keeping
    it charged.

  6. I personally dont care for FM radios on mp3 players because just about all
    the stations in Taiwan suck. No rock stations, nothing but blandopop
    stations or classical stations, and a station where some old guys argue in
    some unknown language other than mandarin.

  7. tai fu said:

    I personally dont care for FM radios on mp3 players because just about all
    the stations in Taiwan suck. No rock stations, nothing but blandopop
    stations or classical stations, and a station where some old guys argue in
    some unknown language other than mandarin.


    Cantonese?

    --

    J

    www.urbanvoyeur.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.