Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

RR: Murarrie Crit 25 June 05

Started by Tamyka Bell · · Last activity · 7 posts · 642 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
25 June 2005
Last activity
27 June 2005
Original author
Tamyka Bell
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
642
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Now, if I'd known there were races at Kingston that were later in the day
    and didn't involve getting up at o'early hundred, I might've tried that. A
    bunch of guys tried to get me to head out there AS WELL. Hahahahaha!

    Blogged this morning's race, and I know I can be a bit verbose, so
    hopefully this tantalising morsel will encourage you to read it:

    "After working her way up to about sixth place and helping to reel in a
    few breakaways, Tam finds herself mysteriously in the lead with under two
    laps to go..."

    I might add that I was the only adult female (I think) and I did not
    intend to put into action my plan about using my [censored] as a distraction.
    Seriously, I was only joking about that...

    http://blindrapture.blogspot.com/2005/06/murarrie-crit-second.html

    (hahaha no I did not come second...)

    Tam

  2. "Tamyka Bell" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Now, if I'd known there were races at Kingston that were later in the day
    and didn't involve getting up at o'early hundred, I might've tried that. A
    bunch of guys tried to get me to head out there AS WELL. Hahahahaha!

    Blogged this morning's race, and I know I can be a bit verbose, so
    hopefully this tantalising morsel will encourage you to read it:

    "After working her way up to about sixth place and helping to reel in a
    few breakaways, Tam finds herself mysteriously in the lead with under two
    laps to go..."

    I might add that I was the only adult female (I think) and I did not
    intend to put into action my plan about using my [censored] as a distraction.
    Seriously, I was only joking about that...

    http://blindrapture.blogspot.com/2005/06/murarrie-crit-second.html

    (hahaha no I did not come second...)

    Tam

    Hey Tam,
    Getting better each week, good to see. And no, you didn't come second, you
    won! You got first woman - only problem is you need two more girls in the
    race before you get the money! 🙂

    Reading your report, I don't think anyone deliberately left you out the
    front to die, that's just what always happens when it's coming down to a
    bunch sprint with a couple of laps to go. You're either 1) attacking, 2)
    chasing or 3) winding up the pace for your teammate so noone can break away.
    At this stage noone wants to do any work on the front at all (and you should
    never feel obliged, there's no prizes for who pulls the longest). Sometimes
    everyone will slow down to a ridiculous speed and swap cagey looks to see
    who's going to go first, it's good fun. That's why those guys in front
    rolled back. Just soft pedal then roll back, and worm back in around 6th
    wheel again (use whatever cunning tactics you like here!) Better practice
    those sprints for next week hey?

    Adam

  3. On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 14:14:04 +1000, Tamyka Bell <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Now, if I'd known there were races at Kingston that were later in the day
    and didn't involve getting up at o'early hundred, I might've tried that. A
    bunch of guys tried to get me to head out there AS WELL. Hahahahaha!

    Blogged this morning's race, and I know I can be a bit verbose, so
    hopefully this tantalising morsel will encourage you to read it:

    "After working her way up to about sixth place and helping to reel in a
    few breakaways, Tam finds herself mysteriously in the lead with under two
    laps to go..."

    It's not a boy thing, it's a race thing. You were at the pointy end
    without a plan. You'll learn. If you're up there, you either
    work for someone else, or you drop back, or you escape off
    the front. Otherwise, you're just pack fodder.

  4. adam said:


    "Tamyka Bell" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Now, if I'd known there were races at Kingston that were later in the day
    and didn't involve getting up at o'early hundred, I might've tried that. A
    bunch of guys tried to get me to head out there AS WELL. Hahahahaha!

    Blogged this morning's race, and I know I can be a bit verbose, so
    hopefully this tantalising morsel will encourage you to read it:

    "After working her way up to about sixth place and helping to reel in a
    few breakaways, Tam finds herself mysteriously in the lead with under two
    laps to go..."

    I might add that I was the only adult female (I think) and I did not
    intend to put into action my plan about using my [censored] as a distraction.
    Seriously, I was only joking about that...

    http://blindrapture.blogspot.com/2005/06/murarrie-crit-second.html

    (hahaha no I did not come second...)

    Tam

    Hey Tam,
    Getting better each week, good to see. And no, you didn't come second, you
    won! You got first woman - only problem is you need two more girls in the
    race before you get the money! 🙂

    I need to con LotteBum into coming around... who else... sure to be some
    triathlon girls I can lure in...

    Quoted message said:

    Reading your report, I don't think anyone deliberately left you out the
    front to die, that's just what always happens when it's coming down to a
    bunch sprint with a couple of laps to go. You're either 1) attacking, 2)
    chasing or 3) winding up the pace for your teammate so noone can break away.
    At this stage noone wants to do any work on the front at all (and you should
    never feel obliged, there's no prizes for who pulls the longest). Sometimes
    everyone will slow down to a ridiculous speed and swap cagey looks to see
    who's going to go first, it's good fun. That's why those guys in front
    rolled back. Just soft pedal then roll back, and worm back in around 6th
    wheel again (use whatever cunning tactics you like here!) Better practice
    those sprints for next week hey?

    Adam

    Er... I was actually copping a bit of attitude this week, moreso than
    last week, and obviously only from a few of the somewhat
    poorer-performers; not sure if it was because there were fewer women or
    because I was riding faster (maybe they felt sorry for me last week?)
    Intersting; I am sure they will forget me next weekend.

    The slowing down... well I did try... it started to get a bit
    ridiculous, and it was a big timing stuff-up on my behalf, with me
    deciding to really drop the speed just as a few guys decided to really
    put on the speed. Big, sudden speed differential - oops! Hehehe it was
    fun, anyway.

    I'll be punishing myself in a different way next week - pace leading for
    the Gold Coast half marathon, and I'm working on the info booth the day
    before. So no crit for me next weekend. It'll give Abby a chance to work
    on his form! Hehehe watch out the week after, though!

    Tam

  5. adam said:


    "Tamyka Bell" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Now, if I'd known there were races at Kingston that were later in the day
    and didn't involve getting up at o'early hundred, I might've tried that. A
    bunch of guys tried to get me to head out there AS WELL. Hahahahaha!

    Blogged this morning's race, and I know I can be a bit verbose, so
    hopefully this tantalising morsel will encourage you to read it:

    "After working her way up to about sixth place and helping to reel in a
    few breakaways, Tam finds herself mysteriously in the lead with under two
    laps to go..."

    I might add that I was the only adult female (I think) and I did not
    intend to put into action my plan about using my [censored] as a distraction.
    Seriously, I was only joking about that...

    http://blindrapture.blogspot.com/2005/06/murarrie-crit-second.html

    (hahaha no I did not come second...)

    Tam

    Hey Tam,
    Getting better each week, good to see. And no, you didn't come second, you
    won! You got first woman - only problem is you need two more girls in the
    race before you get the money! 🙂

    Actually... how did you know that, anyway?

    I'm thinking of doing this

    http://www.balmoralcycling.asn.au/CenturyRide.html

    As my recovery week from Gold Coast, that is. Big Gun is near my place,
    so I'd probably only do the metric. Abby? Lotte? Anyone?

  6. Tamyka wrote:

    I need to con LotteBum into coming around...

    Ha! Forget it! Even if you do con me into coming along, I'm going to lump in with Cat 74 (that'll give Abby an excuse to join me). I like riding with children and geris. I WAS A CHILD NOT LONG AGO REMEMBER?

    Er... I was actually copping a bit of attitude this week, moreso than
    last week, and obviously only from a few of the somewhat
    poorer-performers; not sure if it was because there were fewer women or
    because I was riding faster (maybe they felt sorry for me last week?)
    Intersting; I am sure they will forget me next weekend.

    It's a boy thing.. I have no doubt in my mind about that. They can't handle defeat, but it looks like they'd better get used to it!

    Yeah, and those Cat 74 boys had better start training 'cos I'm coming to blow their world apart with my ubertactics and superspeed.

    LotteBum

  7. LotteBum said:


    Tamyka wrote:

    I need to con LotteBum into coming around...

    Ha! Forget it! Even if you do con me into coming along, I'm going to
    lump in with Cat 74 (that'll give Abby an excuse to join me). I like
    riding with children and geris. I WAS A CHILD NOT LONG AGO REMEMBER?

    Hey, I was a child more recently than you, missy!

    Quoted message said:

    Er... I was actually copping a bit of attitude this week, moreso than
    last week, and obviously only from a few of the somewhat
    poorer-performers; not sure if it was because there were fewer women or
    because I was riding faster (maybe they felt sorry for me last week?)
    Intersting; I am sure they will forget me next weekend.

    It's a boy thing.. I have no doubt in my mind about that. They can't
    handle defeat, but it looks like they'd better get used to it!

    Yeah, and those Cat 74 boys had better start training 'cos I'm coming
    to blow their world apart with my ubertactics and superspeed.

    LotteBum

    You gotta race Cat 2! That way, we only need one more chicky triathlete
    and we can get some prize money!

    Uh oh, I just bagged out triathletes. Er... Yay! (But I'm never giving
    up my orca race suit.)

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.