Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

RR: Gray Lady-n-Me on a date against DST

Started by Paladin · · Last activity · 7 posts · 1,091 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
27 October 2003
Last activity
4 November 2003
Original author
Paladin
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,091
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. My 15yr old son's birthday party was this weekend, and so we were totally wrapped up in pizzas,
    overnights, video-games, paint-ball wars, supervising 8 rowdy boys at the happy hacienda. Then,
    between other responsibilities, church, wife, other kids, I had no time to myself. But I did spend
    money and eat like a big fat slob.

    So when I finally threw the gray lady into the truck late Sunday afternoon, I was paroled from
    prison--*finally alone.*

    Here's a partial shot of her behind Mr. Goodwrench working on the porch: (Better pictures coming):

    gallery.consumerreview.comMr.GoodwrenchatWork.jpg

    Cool, clear, with the sun slipping away fast. The park was full of cars, but mostly pic-nickers. Hit
    the trail, I hear the crunch of rubber on granite, I unwind, like a beach-ball slowly deflating, all
    the pressures of the weekend fade away, as SS and I find our rhythm, reacquainting in the timeless
    dance of two moving in harmony.

    Up Chickadee Ridge, and the traction is good, the horses under me strong and reserved for
    later climbs.

    Down the end of the ridge, cross 8th to Uncle Stan's, see a few runners, some other riders. Up
    Stan's and I hit the pocket of warm air that always greets me on the lower steppes of the climb.

    Standing most of the way, climb slow, let my legs and muscles stretch, breathe easy, heart thanks me
    for the exercise and attention. Upper body joins in to ease the load and share the joy.

    See some riders ahead. I close the gap, but they summit just ahead of me and stop to rest. The
    group leader leers as the Gray Lady passes, and yells out, "Nice Bike" as we ride by. Yes, boys and
    girls, she is.

    On up the next climb, and we're in the groove, sun going down. Do we turn back? Or loop? I access
    the mass quantities of stored energy (pizza, junk food and pop) as after-burners kick in. Look
    back to see the group gaining on me, since I top out with 1 gear. Valley spread out below me in
    glorious colors.

    At the top, I head down the canyon, my favorite close-in trail. It's narrow, rocky and fun.

    Light fades as I loose the brakes and let my baby feel her way down in the dark. She knows this
    trail better-n me, so we're flying low on cruise control. Almost biff it on some fast, sandy
    corners, but get lucky and stay vertical. I try a couple different lines through the technical parts
    to spice up our date.

    Back up Chickadee the way I came down, pushing hard, fading the corners, jumping the water bars,
    snarling! laughing! reawakening my core passions. Pass a couple 2-legged foxes with canine
    protectors on top. Down the back, around the hill to the park, legs shaking, left nothing on the
    table. Load the lady and away we go.

    That's why I ride.

    Paladin

  2. Quoted message said:

    My 15yr old son's birthday party was this weekend, and so we were totally wrapped up in pizzas,
    overnights, video-games, paint-ball wars, supervising 8 rowdy boys at the happy hacienda. Then,
    between other responsibilities, church, wife, other kids, I had no time to myself. But I did spend
    money and eat like a big fat slob.

    So when I finally threw the gray lady into the truck late Sunday afternoon, I was paroled from
    prison--*finally alone.*

    Here's a partial shot of her behind Mr. Goodwrench working on the porch: (Better pictures coming):

    gallery.consumerreview.comMr.GoodwrenchatWor
    k.jpg

    Cool, clear, with the sun slipping away fast. The park was full of cars, but mostly pic-nickers.
    Hit the trail, I hear the crunch of rubber on granite, I unwind, like a beach-ball slowly
    deflating, all the pressures of the weekend fade away, as SS and I find our rhythm, reacquainting
    in the timeless dance of two moving in harmony.

    Up Chickadee Ridge, and the traction is good, the horses under me strong and reserved for
    later climbs.

    Down the end of the ridge, cross 8th to Uncle Stan's, see a few runners, some other riders. Up
    Stan's and I hit the pocket of warm air that always greets me on the lower steppes of the climb.

    Standing most of the way, climb slow, let my legs and muscles stretch, breathe easy, heart thanks
    me for the exercise and attention. Upper body joins in to ease the load and share the joy.

    See some riders ahead. I close the gap, but they summit just ahead of me and stop to rest. The
    group leader leers as the Gray Lady passes, and yells out, "Nice Bike" as we ride by. Yes, boys
    and girls, she
    is.

    On up the next climb, and we're in the groove, sun going down. Do we turn back? Or loop? I access
    the mass quantities of stored energy (pizza, junk food and pop) as after-burners kick in. Look
    back to see the group gaining on me, since I top out with 1 gear. Valley spread out below me in
    glorious colors.

    At the top, I head down the canyon, my favorite close-in trail. It's narrow, rocky and fun.

    Light fades as I loose the brakes and let my baby feel her way down in the dark. She knows this
    trail better-n me, so we're flying low on cruise control. Almost biff it on some fast, sandy
    corners, but get lucky and stay vertical. I try a couple different lines through the technical
    parts to spice up our date.

    Back up Chickadee the way I came down, pushing hard, fading the corners, jumping the water bars,
    snarling! laughing! reawakening my core passions. Pass a couple 2-legged foxes with canine
    protectors on top. Down the back, around the hill to the park, legs shaking, left nothing on the
    table. Load the lady and away we go.

    That's why I ride.

    Paladin

    too good not to be repeated. Damn some of y'alls post motivate the hell out of me. Thanks. Are you
    sue this ain't Anthony Robbins?

    Dave (nice)

  3. Dave W <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:


    Damn some of y'alls post motivate the hell out of me. Thanks. Are you sue this ain't Anthony
    Robbins?

    There is an easy way to tell the difference between Anthony Robbins and Paladin: Anthony Robbins is
    a pathetic [censored], and Paladin is cool.

    HTH Y'all.

    CC

  4. Corvus Corvax said:

    Dave W <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Damn some of y'alls post motivate the hell out of me. Thanks. Are you sue this ain't Anthony
    Robbins?

    There is an easy way to tell the difference between Anthony Robbins and Paladin: Anthony Robbins
    is a pathetic [censored], and Paladin is cool.

    HTH Y'all.

    CC


    Thanks to both of ya. I try to identify what's happening in my heart and soul, and then try to
    write about it.

    Paladin

  5. Quoted message said:

    Dave W <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:


    Damn some of y'alls post motivate the hell out of me. Thanks. Are you sue this ain't Anthony
    Robbins?

    There is an easy way to tell the difference between Anthony Robbins and Paladin: Anthony Robbins
    is a pathetic [censored], and Paladin is cool.

    HTH Y'all.

    CC

    yeah well, there is that ;-)

  6. Paladin said:

    My 15yr old son's birthday party was this weekend, and so we were totally wrapped up in pizzas,
    overnights, video-games, paint-ball wars, supervising 8 rowdy boys at the happy hacienda. Then,
    between other responsibilities, church, wife, other kids, I had no time to myself. But I did spend
    money and eat like a big fat slob.

    So when I finally threw the gray lady into the truck late Sunday afternoon, I was paroled from
    prison--*finally alone.*

    Here's a partial shot of her behind Mr. Goodwrench working on the porch: (Better pictures coming):

    gallery.consumerreview.comMr.GoodwrenchatWork.jpg

    Cool, clear, with the sun slipping away fast. The park was full of cars, but mostly pic-nickers.
    Hit the trail, I hear the crunch of rubber on granite, I unwind, like a beach-ball slowly
    deflating, all the pressures of the weekend fade away, as SS and I find our rhythm, reacquainting
    in the timeless dance of two moving in harmony.

    Up Chickadee Ridge, and the traction is good, the horses under me strong and reserved for
    later climbs.

    Down the end of the ridge, cross 8th to Uncle Stan's, see a few runners, some other riders. Up
    Stan's and I hit the pocket of warm air that always greets me on the lower steppes of the climb.

    Standing most of the way, climb slow, let my legs and muscles stretch, breathe easy, heart thanks
    me for the exercise and attention. Upper body joins in to ease the load and share the joy.

    See some riders ahead. I close the gap, but they summit just ahead of me and stop to rest. The
    group leader leers as the Gray Lady passes, and yells out, "Nice Bike" as we ride by. Yes, boys and
    girls, she is.

    On up the next climb, and we're in the groove, sun going down. Do we turn back? Or loop? I access
    the mass quantities of stored energy (pizza, junk food and pop) as after-burners kick in. Look
    back to see the group gaining on me, since I top out with 1 gear. Valley spread out below me in
    glorious colors.

    At the top, I head down the canyon, my favorite close-in trail. It's narrow, rocky and fun.

    Light fades as I loose the brakes and let my baby feel her way down in the dark. She knows this
    trail better-n me, so we're flying low on cruise control. Almost biff it on some fast, sandy
    corners, but get lucky and stay vertical. I try a couple different lines through the technical
    parts to spice up our date.

    Back up Chickadee the way I came down, pushing hard, fading the corners, jumping the water bars,
    snarling! laughing! reawakening my core passions. Pass a couple 2-legged foxes with canine
    protectors on top. Down the back, around the hill to the park, legs shaking, left nothing on the
    table. Load the lady and away we go.

    That's why I ride.

    Paladin

    Wow! Bill

  7. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    gallery.consumerreview.comMr.GoodwrenchatWork.jpg

    Hey, I know that dude! that is Al Dobson, former 2-Man Pro Beach Volleyball Champion, he was my
    V-ball coach in High School

    --
    John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
    shavings.netreflect john.jpg

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.