Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

RR: Dawn Patrol

Started by Chris Glidden · · Last activity · 30 posts · 848 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
22 January 2006
Last activity
24 January 2006
Original author
Chris Glidden
Posts
30
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
848
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–30 of 30
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "MattB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Chris Glidden said:

    Nice. That showed real appreciation. Depending on the sales price my
    "Thank you" gifts range from $100 to $500. That would go along way at
    an LBS.

    Even if she did the needlepoint herself (I don't know) it wasn't really
    a good fit for us. We're not religious (in the classic sense) and I hate
    all that kitschy country [censored] people clutter their houses with.

    When my ex- and I bought our house our agent remembered that Cheryl loved
    this banana hook that the previous owner had on top of their fridge. Just a
    stupid, simple kitchen accessory but when our agent gave us the exact same
    one it was more important to us than her other gifts of champagne and I
    forget what else. My ex-mother-in-law would have loved needlepoint but we
    would have tossed it in the trash.

    Greg

  2. G.T. said:

    "MattB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Chris Glidden said:

    Nice. That showed real appreciation. Depending on the sales price my
    "Thank you" gifts range from $100 to $500. That would go along way at
    an LBS.

    Even if she did the needlepoint herself (I don't know) it wasn't really
    a good fit for us. We're not religious (in the classic sense) and I hate
    all that kitschy country [censored] people clutter their houses with.

    When my ex- and I bought our house our agent remembered that Cheryl loved
    this banana hook that the previous owner had on top of their fridge. Just a
    stupid, simple kitchen accessory but when our agent gave us the exact same
    one it was more important to us than her other gifts of champagne and I
    forget what else. My ex-mother-in-law would have loved needlepoint but we
    would have tossed it in the trash.

    Greg

    That's what we did after taking the frame to put something else in (or
    re-gift, I forget which).

    My buddy got a bottle of Patron from his Realtor (for the very same
    house that I got the needlepoint thing for - different Realtor). If I
    had gotten that I may have used one again for the next transaction!

    Matt

  3. That's exactly what I try to do in my business. There is no point in
    giving someone something that will end up in the trash. If I have done
    my job correctly I will know what someone will truly appreciate and
    that is what I give. My referals and repeat business reflect this.

  4. Chris Glidden said:

    That's exactly what I try to do in my business. There is no point in
    giving someone something that will end up in the trash. If I have done
    my job correctly I will know what someone will truly appreciate and
    that is what I give. My referals and repeat business reflect this.

    I'll let you know if I ever plan to move to your neck of the woods.
    We'll probably see that when Hell starts seeing temperatures like
    Gunnison's.

    Matt

  5. "MattB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Chris Glidden said:

    That's exactly what I try to do in my business. There is no point in
    giving someone something that will end up in the trash. If I have done
    my job correctly I will know what someone will truly appreciate and
    that is what I give. My referals and repeat business reflect this.

    I'll let you know if I ever plan to move to your neck of the woods. We'll
    probably see that when Hell starts seeing temperatures like Gunnison's.

    Matt

    LOL. Finally the topic is back on track. Cold weather riding.

  6. "MattB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Chris Glidden said:

    "Paladin" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Just funnin ya a little. And what would AMB be without ragging on its
    own??

    Have a good one.

    CDB

    I took it as such and was funnin myself a little. I always enjoy the
    ragging, especially if it's my expense. If a can't take it you certainly
    have no right to dish it.

    You have a good one as well my brother, stay warm.

    CG

    Yesterday morning we were at -36, but I didn't ride (except my townie to
    work - that hurt). It did eventually warm up a bit and we ended up with a
    high of 1.

    Matt (brrr - it's been a cold one this year)

    Brutal. That's all I can say.

    CG

  7. Chris Glidden said:

    "MattB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:

    Yesterday morning we were at -36, but I didn't ride (except my townie to
    work - that hurt). It did eventually warm up a bit and we ended up with a
    high of 1.

    Matt (brrr - it's been a cold one this year)

    Brutal. That's all I can say.

    Especially since my ride home from work this morning didn't even
    require a wind shell.

    JDevil Winds

  8. JD said:
    Chris Glidden said:

    "MattB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:

    Yesterday morning we were at -36, but I didn't ride (except my townie to
    work - that hurt). It did eventually warm up a bit and we ended up with a
    high of 1.

    Matt (brrr - it's been a cold one this year)

    Brutal. That's all I can say.

    Especially since my ride home from work this morning didn't even
    require a wind shell.

    JDevil Winds

    I got a new big puffy down jacket for Christmas and I've worn it almost
    constantly since!

    Matt (no Santa Anna here!)

  9. "JD" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Chris Glidden said:

    "MattB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:

    Yesterday morning we were at -36, but I didn't ride (except my townie
    to
    work - that hurt). It did eventually warm up a bit and we ended up with
    a
    high of 1.

    Matt (brrr - it's been a cold one this year)

    Brutal. That's all I can say.

    Especially since my ride home from work this morning didn't even
    require a wind shell.

    JDevil Winds


    We've been lucky in South County, no winds to speak of. Mighty nice ridin
    weather.

    CG

  10. MattB said:
    JD said:
    Chris Glidden said:

    "MattB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    > Yesterday morning we were at -36, but I didn't ride (except my
    > townie to
    > work - that hurt). It did eventually warm up a bit and we ended up
    > with a
    > high of 1.
    >
    > Matt (brrr - it's been a cold one this year)

    Brutal. That's all I can say.

    Especially since my ride home from work this morning didn't even
    require a wind shell.

    JDevil Winds

    I got a new big puffy down jacket for Christmas and I've worn it almost
    constantly since!

    Matt (no Santa Anna here!)

    Exactly the same for me here, I love the puffy jacket.
    Today was much warmer though, so I rode the road. Probably (and
    hopefully) the last time for a few days at least, come on snow!!!

    Matt, we are interested in a long weekend skiing at CB, any suggestions
    on condos?

    --
    Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

    Owner/Operator of the Pekingnese Ranch.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.