General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

rotator cuff - shoulder (snap, crackle, little pops) - without weights!

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 2 posts · 374 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
10 March 2006
Last activity
10 March 2006
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
374
Views / 30 days
6

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I haven't lifted weights for ages, but was considering a flat
    benchpress ('cos a flat bench - the bench itself - is convenient to
    hide away). I looked up ways to prevent rotator cuff injury that can
    result from it.

    I did a few rotator cuff stretches and exercises, no heavy weight.
    Then to test how it felt, I tried a military press motion and
    benchpress motion without a weight, and heard those crackling noises.
    Does that mean I did the exercises and stretches wrongly?

    I think in the past when I first started exercising , I got a few crack
    noises when doing military press, and after a week or two, when
    exercising, they did stop

  2. Quoted message said:

    I haven't lifted weights for ages, but was considering a flat
    benchpress ('cos a flat bench - the bench itself - is


    convenient to

    Quoted message said:

    hide away). I looked up ways to prevent rotator cuff injury


    that can

    Quoted message said:

    result from it.

    I did a few rotator cuff stretches and exercises, no heavy


    weight.

    Quoted message said:

    Then to test how it felt, I tried a military press motion and
    benchpress motion without a weight, and heard those crackling
    noises. Does that mean I did the exercises and stretches


    wrongly?

    Is there pain with the movements? If there's no pain, warm up
    your shoulders good before your working sets then work with a
    light weight until the cracking/pops stop or you determine
    there's not going to be any pain. One or two weeks sounds good.

    I usually get a rotator cuff injury if I do too many reps and
    sets in the bench. Heavy weight is ok but not a lot of reps. I
    also do one board presses so my shoulders don't get pulled down
    as far. You can use a 10 or 25 lb plate if your don't have any
    boards. Place it on your chest and lower the bar to the plate.
    You can also do partial bench in a rack if you have access to
    one.

    Always warm up your shoulders before doing any upper body
    pushing exercises.

    locker

    Quoted message said:


    I think in the past when I first started exercising , I got a


    few

    Quoted message said:

    crack noises when doing military press, and after a week or


    two,

    Quoted message said:

    when exercising, they did stop

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.