Seriously though, a 96 Judy is a piece of [censored] compared to even a budget modern fork. Add to that you'll be doing well to find parts, and they'll probably cost you a fair whack, a new fork isn't insane. Phantom's got a few from Rock Shox and Manitou under $200.
-- Dave Hughes | [email hidden] Thus leading us to the obvious conclusion that all software should look like a nipple. - Eric the Read
If it's a '96 bike, it probably has a 1" steerer. It's not easy to find new or recent forks with 1" steerers. Ebay might be the go. Shops might not have them on display or in the catalogue, so ask in person or by email and they might have something out the back.
.... and if you find some, let me know, please. I've got an old RockShox Quadra on one bike, and would like to replace it.
Yup with prices like that unless you were a retro nutter why would you even repair a 5 year old fork let alone a '96 RockShock.
Parbs - who's liking his new Fox.
The bike is a VOODOO Bokor with XT gear and I would like to keep it original to some extent. Its had little use, done about 500Km, no serious cross country stuff. Its comfortable and light to ride.
I might have to rethink the fork situation and its a good suggestion to update the forks BTW.
Just looked at the Voodoocycle.net site they now fit the Fox F100RL forks to the Bokor frame.
No its bigger than that looks like 1.25" or something like that.
It's not easy to find
Quoted message said:
new or recent forks with 1" steerers. Ebay might be the go. Shops might not have them on display or in the catalogue, so ask in person or by email and they might have something out the back.
... and if you find some, let me know, please. I've got an old RockShox Quadra on one bike, and would like to replace it.
No its bigger than that looks like 1.25" or something like that.
It's not easy to find
Quoted message said:
new or recent forks with 1" steerers. Ebay might be the go. Shops might not have them on display or in the catalogue, so ask in person or by email and they might have something out the back.
... and if you find some, let me know, please. I've got an old RockShox Quadra on one bike, and would like to replace it.
No its bigger than that looks like 1.25" or something like that.
Not likely a 1.25" - these are pretty recent. 1 1/8" started coming out in the late 90s. Try googling for your fork model and year - some odd-bods have tables with all these specs. Also there might be something on the RockShox website. I recall the Quadra was around '95 or '96 and these were pretty fine things at the time, though they quickly became very obsolete and now are a complete joke - my bike with these forks was also specced with XT.
No its bigger than that looks like 1.25" or something like that.
Not likely a 1.25" - these are pretty recent. 1 1/8" started coming out in the late 90s. Try googling for your fork model and year - some odd-bods have tables with all these specs. Also there might be something on the RockShox website. I recall the Quadra was around '95 or '96 and these were pretty fine things at the time, though they quickly became very obsolete and now are a complete joke - my bike with these forks was also specced with XT.
Donga
Are the Quadras the same as the Mag21? I inherited a set of those off my brother and then passed them onto a friend and they're still going strong. I have a set of Judys in the shed collecting dust, replaced by Sids.
No its bigger than that looks like 1.25" or something like that.
Not likely a 1.25" - these are pretty recent. 1 1/8" started coming out in the late 90s. Try googling for your fork model and year - some odd-bods have tables with all these specs. Also there might be something on the RockShox website. I recall the Quadra was around '95 or '96 and these were pretty fine things at the time, though they quickly became very obsolete and now are a complete joke - my bike with these forks was also specced with XT.
> If it's a '96 bike, it probably has a 1" steerer.
At the time it was a full spec bike.
No its bigger than that looks like 1.25" or something like that.
Not likely a 1.25" - these are pretty recent. 1 1/8" started coming out in the late 90s. Try googling for your fork model and year - some odd-bods have tables with all these specs. Also there might be something on the RockShox website. I recall the Quadra was around '95 or '96 and these were pretty fine things at the time, though they quickly became very obsolete and now are a complete joke - my bike with these forks was also specced with XT.
Donga
Are the Quadras the same as the Mag21? I inherited a set of those off my brother and then passed them onto a friend and they're still going strong. I have a set of Judys in the shed collecting dust, replaced by Sids.
Friday
So what are the Judys like want to sell them?
Think the quadra and Mag21 may have had a steel coil spring. (maybe wrong)
> Donga wrote: > > >> If it's a '96 bike, it probably has a 1" steerer. > > > > At the time it was a full spec bike. > > No its bigger than that looks like 1.25" or something like that.
Not likely a 1.25" - these are pretty recent. 1 1/8" started coming out in the late 90s. Try googling for your fork model and year - some odd-bods have tables with all these specs. Also there might be something on the RockShox website. I recall the Quadra was around '95 or '96 and these were pretty fine things at the time, though they quickly became very obsolete and now are a complete joke - my bike with these forks was also specced with XT.
Donga
Are the Quadras the same as the Mag21? I inherited a set of those off my brother and then passed them onto a friend and they're still going strong. I have a set of Judys in the shed collecting dust, replaced by Sids.
Friday
So what are the Judys like want to sell them?
Think the quadra and Mag21 may have had a steel coil spring. (maybe wrong)
Oops, I just checked and they're Pilot C. The stem length is 18cm and 1 and 1/8 inch diameter. Are you still interested in them?
Actually might drive up and see what they have in stock most likely buy something better than the RShox.
For along time RS were about all you had choice wise. Then Marzocchi and some others made them look bad. In the last year or so RS have lifted their game, and I think are worth looking at again. I've just bought a new one, but I'll let you know if it's any good when I've had a chance to bounce it off a few roots.
-- Dave Hughes | [email hidden] "This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic." - (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)
Actually might drive up and see what they have in stock most likely buy something better than the RShox.
For along time RS were about all you had choice wise. Then Marzocchi and some others made them look bad. In the last year or so RS have lifted their game, and I think are worth looking at again. I've just bought a new one, but I'll let you know if it's any good when I've had a chance to bounce it off a few roots.
Interesting
I've now actually tee'd up getting some elastomers made, just to get the bike back running.
I've now actually tee'd up getting some elastomers made, just to get the bike back running.
What's the diameter and length? I've got various old elastomers floating about the place and could send some your way if that falls through. Assuming they're anywhere near the sizes I have
Quoted message said:
measuring them up, the RS only have 60mm travel 🙁
Is that vertically or laterally? :-)
-- Dave Hughes | [email hidden] If you drink Real beer, you become horizontal... so, if you drink Imaginary beer, you become vertical... -- Thorfinn
I've now actually tee'd up getting some elastomers made, just to get the bike back running.
What's the diameter and length? I've got various old elastomers floating about the place and could send some your way if that falls through. Assuming they're anywhere near the sizes I have