"jmcquown" <[email hidden]> wrote in
news:[email hidden]:
Quoted message said:Tasty! But I think I need to futz with the seasonings a bit. I made
it with milk. I sprinkled a little sage on the top layer of potatoes,
too, not just on the pork chops. Oh, and they were boneless loin
chops (yes, Sheldon, if you cut a loin chop off the bone, it's
boneless). I do think the pork chops could have used a little
something "more" to contribute to the overall dish. I don't know
whether it's a little more salt (it could be that simple) or some
other seasoning that goes well with pork. Or it could be old sage;
maybe a trip to Penzey's is in order. This recipe is definitely one
to keep and fiddle around with in the cold winter to come 🙂Jill
Both potatoes and pork like garlic and possibly lime or lemon zest. But
for a more traditional scallop taste some rosemary or tarragon might be
nice.
--
The house of the burning beet-Alan
It'll be a sunny day in August, when the Moon will shine that night-
Elbonian Folklore