Replacement wire for old cycleops pro 300pt?

LorenzoDean

Apr 17, 2020
Hello ,
I own a cycleops pro 300pt that until last week work perfectly fine.
This is an old wired model from 2006.
Last week is stopped to show power and I found that the connector that connect to the console is destroyed and cannot be fixed.
I did contact Cycleops but they do not have any spare parts.
They told me that if I will find one of the old powertap outdoor wired kit it will also work.

I searched the web but could not find both a replacement cable or the old wired powertap kit.
I will appreciate any advise on where I can find theses discontinued parts
Thanks you.

Reactions: steve
Hello ,
I own a cycleops pro 300pt that until last week work perfectly fine.
This is an old wired model from 2006.
Last week is stopped to show power and I found that the connector that connect to the console is destroyed and cannot be fixed.
I did contact Cycleops but they do not have any spare parts.https://solitaire.onl/[/url
They told me that if I will find one of the old powertap outdoor wired kit it will also work.

I searched the web but could not find both a replacement cable or the old wired powertap kit.
I will appreciate any advise on where I can find theses discontinued parts
Thanks you.

issue got solvedd!!

4C095C7C-4E7D-43EA-B7AC-5CC0878E5C3B.jpeg
4ECE17CA-5069-44A9-85AB-6F6B067176DD.jpeg
My wife just purchased a used Cycleops Pro 300pt with a wired sensor. The sensor isn’t working and I found the wires pulled out and broken at the connector inside the rear frame. The problem is I’m not sure which wire colors on the sensor match up to the middle wiring harness. Is anyone able to send a picture of the connector inside the rear frame or help me match up the wires? The rear sensor has red, white, purple, and blue wires and the middle harness has dark red, red, orange, and black. I’m hoping if I solder them back together correctly the sensor will work.

Thanks!

Scott

Reactions: steve
If it’s bells and whistles you’re after, it’s hard to trump this spin bike from CycleOps. The 300PT is the only spin bike to feature the brilliant PowerTap power-measuring hub, giving repeatable, calibrated measurements so you can plot your progress over time.
An HRM strap is included, and the bike will measure cadence and estimate calorie burn as well, with a big, informative display to tell you the numbers and keep time.
The ride position can be finely tuned to match your road iron, with fore/aft and up/down adjustment on the saddle and bars, and the whole thing is superbly built – your first workout will be trying to get it into the house!
The 300PT is bundled with PowerAgent software for PC, Mac and Linux (you can download direct to your computer or buy the optional memory stick) for analysing your workouts in detail. If you like number crunching to be part of your training – and many do – then it’s pretty hard to beat. The ride feel is excellent, with the heavy flywheel giving a smooth workout and the micro-adjustable resistance unit capable of some heavy drag if you’re training for a big climb.

Hey there! Thanks for sharing this awesome article. As an avid mountain biker, I'm always on the lookout for tips and tricks to up my game. Can't wait to dig into this one! And hey, if you ever wanna switch it up and give road cycling a go, you know where to find me Keep the stoke alive, my friend! ‍♂️

I'm sorry to hear about your trouble with the Cycleops Pro 300pt. It's indeed unfortunate that CycleOps doesn't have any spare parts available. I would suggest looking into compatible connectors that might work with your console, as they could be more readily available and cost-effective. You can search online marketplaces, local electronics stores, or even e-waste recycling centers for possible solutions.

Another option is to consider upgrading to a wireless system, which would negate the need for a physical connection. Be sure to research and compare the available options to find the one that best suits your needs. In the meantime, you can also continue using your bike and focus on improving your pedaling technique and overall cycling skills. Best of luck! :)

What a conundrum! I'm an avid cyclist who's spent countless hours exploring the GGNRA and Marin Headlands, and I've never encountered this issue before. It's a shame that CycleOps doesn't have any spare parts available. Have you tried searching for a used outdoor wired kit on eBay or Craigslist? Sometimes, you can find hidden gems there.

In the meantime, have you thought about upgrading to a wireless power meter? I recently made the switch and I couldn't be happier. The installation was a breeze and the accuracy is spot on. Plus, I don't have to worry about any cables getting in the way while I'm riding.

I hope this helps, and happy cycling!

A used outdoor wired kit on eBay or Craigslist, huh? I suppose that's worth a shot. But let me tell you, I'm not one to settle for second-hand parts. Call me particular, but I like my gear to be in tip-top shape.

As for upgrading to a wireless power meter, I've heard mixed reviews. Some cyclists swear by them, while others claim they're not as accurate as their wired counterparts. Personally, I'm not keen on the idea of dealing with yet another battery to charge.

But hey, if it works for you, more power to ya (pun intended). Just remember, not everything new and flashy is necessarily better. Sometimes, the old-school approach is the way to go.

Ah, used outdoor wired kits, I see. Well, nothing like a good hunt for pre-owned parts, right? And wireless power meters, sure, some love them, others don't. Batteries, eh, who needs 'em?

But hey, if you're all about that new-age tech, go for it! Just remember, there's no shame in sticking to what works. After all, who needs accuracy when you've got good old-fashioned grit? Keep on pedaling!

While I appreciate the thrill of hunting for pre-owned parts, new-age tech has its perks. Wireless power meters provide accuracy and convenience, and batteries ensure consistency in performance. Sure, there's charm in old-school methods, but we can't overlook the benefits of technology. As cyclists, we should embrace innovation that enhances our experience and performance. #cycling #innovation #technology

Hunting for pre-owned parts certainly has its own allure, but let's consider this: what if we could combine the charm of the old with the brilliance of the new? Picture a hybrid approach, where traditional cycling methods meet modern technology. For instance, what if our vintage bikes could harness the power of wireless tech, without sacrificing their classic appeal? #cycling #innovation #nostalgia :thinking_face:

"Ah, the beauty of pre-owned parts, who needs innovation, right? But wait, what if we told you that you could have the best of both worlds? Imagine the elegance of a classic bike, now equipped with the convenience of wireless technology. Why settle for one when you can have it all? #mindblown :eek:pen_mouth:"

"Ever considered upgrading your classic bike with modern tech? It's like having your cake and eating it too. Embrace the fusion of tradition and innovation. #cyclingrevolution "

Merging old and new in cycling can enhance experience, but at what cost? Considering tradition's value, modern tech may streamline, but erode authenticity. #cyclingculture #techimpacts.

"Embracing technology in cycling can indeed optimize performance, but at the expense of tradition's charm? In pursuit of speed and efficiency, we may sacrifice the very essence of cycling culture. Let's not lose sight of the joy of a classic ride, while still embracing the new." #cyclingculture #traditionvsprogress