Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion

recumbent with metal fairing?

Started by Laurel Thomason · · Last activity · 6 posts · 706 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Recumbent bicycles
Published
15 October 2004
Last activity
16 October 2004
Original author
Laurel Thomason
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
706
Views / 30 days
4

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I know I've seen these cool clips of a guy with a fully faired metal
    recumbent that weighs about 80 lbs, driving around crashing into
    garbage cans and looking like hell on wheels. Does anyone know where
    those clips are located, or who it was? Thanks!

  2. http://www.outsideconnection.com/gallant/hpv/joe/

    I don't know about metal skin, but, Joe crashes into garbage cans.

    Miles of Smiles,
    Tom

  3. "THOMAS E BLUM" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<_kYbd.1559$n81.259@trnddc08>...

    Quoted message said:

    http://www.outsideconnection.com/gallant/hpv/joe/

    I don't know about metal skin, but, Joe crashes into garbage cans.

    Miles of Smiles,
    Tom

    A couple of Joe Kochanowski'd fairings have been sheet aluminum.
    Others have been cardboard held together with latex house paint.
    Joe's nothing if not resourceful.

    I remember seeing a fully-faired trike at the 1982 IHPSC that was
    built entirely from riveted aluminum sheet, aircraft-style. A very
    interesting machine.

    Jeff

  4. "Laurel Thomason" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I know I've seen these cool clips of a guy with a fully faired metal
    recumbent that weighs about 80 lbs, driving around crashing into
    garbage cans and looking like hell on wheels. Does anyone know where
    those clips are located, or who it was? Thanks!

    Joe Kochanowski

    http://www.outsideconnection.com/gallant/hpv/joe/

    Tom

  5. (Jeff Wills) said:

    I remember seeing a fully-faired trike at the 1982 IHPSC that was
    built entirely from riveted aluminum sheet, aircraft-style. A very
    interesting machine.

    Would it be anything like this one ? (The aluminium sheets *used* to be
    fabricated by Foker - I do not know about now):

    http://www.alleweder.de/alleweder/alleweder.html

    --
    Simon Kellett, Darmstadt, Germany | http://home.arcor.de/zoxed
    Hase Kettwiesel trike | ex-Pashley PDQ SWB
    Flux V220 CLWB | Zox20 Lowracer

  6. Wow, those bikes are totally inspiring, not only for their
    massiveness, weight and speed, but because he uses what is at hand.
    I'm going to turn my bikeE into an urban assault vehicle.

    "Tom" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    "Laurel Thomason" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I know I've seen these cool clips of a guy with a fully faired metal
    recumbent that weighs about 80 lbs, driving around crashing into
    garbage cans and looking like hell on wheels. Does anyone know where
    those clips are located, or who it was? Thanks!

    Joe Kochanowski

    http://www.outsideconnection.com/gallant/hpv/joe/

    Tom

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.