General fitness, health and nutrition Β· Public discussion

recipe: Maple Pecan Cookies

Started by Sherry Β· Β· Last activity Β· 29 posts Β· 710 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
12 December 2005
Last activity
22 January 2006
Original author
Sherry
Posts
29
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
710
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–29 of 29
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Pecan meal & coconut meal are low carb, moron.

    Why don't you use your real name, coward.

  2. Why don't you post your real name, address, and phone number?

    And I'm sure that [email hidden] is your real email.

    Go back to screwing kangaroos now.

    Cookies are not low carb, fatboy.

    --
    Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    "Gregory Toomey" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Pecan meal & coconut meal are low carb, moron.

    Why don't you use your real name, coward.

  3. "Sherry" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:


    "neobunny" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    There are SF maple syrups that don't have SA's. I personally would
    rather use a syrup that doesn't have SA's.

    Yeah, I don't care for the idea of them myself, I don't eat the "low
    carb" candies and gum and other things that are sweetened with SA's.
    I figure the syrup once in a great while (I've used it MAYBE twice
    since spring?) won't kill me πŸ™‚.

    What do you use, for my own future reference?

    I once used the Atkins SF Maple syrup (or do they call it pancake syrup?
    Don't use it very often) for a LC maple pecan pie recipe & it worked
    very good. There is another one that I found at the gocery store once
    but it was quite a while ago & I don't remember the name any more. It
    was with the regular syrups. I don't know about the syrups with SA but
    the ones I tried without them are kind of thin, not thick like the
    "real" syrups. But I rarely buy any type of "pancake" syrup except for a
    recipe. I don't like regular pancakes very much & the LC pancakes are
    gross.

    neobunny

  4. HAHA, I'm with about the LC pancakes I've tried. I know there are some out
    there that people rave about, I just haven't had them yet I guess πŸ™‚.

    I'd have thought Atkins syrup would have had SAs in it - their bars and
    shakes are full of 'em...will have to see about that, thanks! πŸ™‚

    --
    Merry Christmas,
    Sherry
    364/297/195 (4/3/05)
    http://lowcarb.owly.net

    "neobunny" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I once used the Atkins SF Maple syrup (or do they call it pancake syrup?
    Don't use it very often) for a LC maple pecan pie recipe & it worked
    very good. There is another one that I found at the gocery store once
    but it was quite a while ago & I don't remember the name any more. It
    was with the regular syrups. I don't know about the syrups with SA but
    the ones I tried without them are kind of thin, not thick like the
    "real" syrups. But I rarely buy any type of "pancake" syrup except for a
    recipe. I don't like regular pancakes very much & the LC pancakes are
    gross.

  5. Pancakes are not low carb.

    --
    Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    "Sherry" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    HAHA, I'm with about the LC pancakes I've tried. I know there are some
    out
    there that people rave about, I just haven't had them yet I guess πŸ™‚.

    I'd have thought Atkins syrup would have had SAs in it - their bars and
    shakes are full of 'em...will have to see about that, thanks! πŸ™‚

    --
    Merry Christmas,
    Sherry
    364/297/195 (4/3/05)
    http://lowcarb.owly.net

    "neobunny" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I once used the Atkins SF Maple syrup (or do they call it pancake syrup?
    Don't use it very often) for a LC maple pecan pie recipe & it worked
    very good. There is another one that I found at the gocery store once
    but it was quite a while ago & I don't remember the name any more. It
    was with the regular syrups. I don't know about the syrups with SA but
    the ones I tried without them are kind of thin, not thick like the
    "real" syrups. But I rarely buy any type of "pancake" syrup except for a
    recipe. I don't like regular pancakes very much & the LC pancakes are
    gross.

  6. Sherry,

    I wondered the same thing. Actually, my wife made the cookies with the
    original recipe you posted (without the SF syrup) and we loved them like
    that. I guess we will have to try them again, with the syrup next time.
    Thanks for the recipe. By the way, we found the pecan meal at our local
    Publix Supermarket. It was about half of the cost of the pecan halves.

    Larry

    "Sherry" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    egads, I'm sorry - I forgot the 1/4c of SF maple syrup!

    Thanks, Susan...

    --
    Merry Christmas,
    Sherry
    364/297/195 (4/3/05)
    http://lowcarb.owly.net

    "Susan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    These sound very good, but where's the maple?

    Susan

  7. "Larry Dow" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Sherry,

    I wondered the same thing. Actually, my wife made the cookies with the
    original recipe you posted (without the SF syrup) and we loved them like
    that. I guess we will have to try them again, with the syrup next time.
    Thanks for the recipe. By the way, we found the pecan meal at our local
    Publix Supermarket. It was about half of the cost of the pecan halves.

    Actually I'm all out of the syrup right now so I'll probably make some
    without also, now that you've tried it and liked it πŸ™‚. We don't have
    Publix up here, our local bulk food store carries it but I buy both almond
    and pecan meal in huge quantities for my business anyway - they never miss a
    cup or two here and there πŸ™‚.
    --
    Merry Christmas,
    Sherry
    364/297/195 (4/3/05)
    http://lowcarb.owly.net

  8. Hi,

    I ran into a little problem when making these. The butter melted out of the
    cookie, off the cookie sheet and onto the bottom of the oven. The house
    instead of smelling nice filled up with smoke., lots of smoke. I was
    wondering if this might be because the nuts were not ground enough. My nuts
    were more like a chopped nut and not nut flour.

    They still taste great.

    Thanks

    Shari

    "Sherry" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I just whipped these up, and they are SO GOOD, YUM!!!! And they make the
    house smell so great too πŸ™‚.

    I just tossed everything into the food processor together, then spooned
    them
    onto my baking stone (you could use a baking sheet and parchment paper
    also,
    that's my 2nd preferred method) and baked them at 350ΒΊF for about 15
    minutes - my nose told me when they were done. They have rather the
    consistency of an oatmeal cookie. You could probably get 3 dozen cookies
    in
    a batch, I ended up with 32 because I didn't use my cookie scoop, and they
    weren't all the same size - some were bigger.

    1 stick butter
    1 c. pecan meal
    1 c. coconut meal
    2 large eggs
    2 tsp. vanilla
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    3/4c. Splenda
    (I didn't add salt because I used salted butter - was out of unsalted)

    nutrition information for entire batch:
    cal - 2090
    fat - 202g
    protein - 26g
    carb - 54g
    fiber - 15g
    SA's - 12g

    --
    Merry Christmas,
    Sherry
    364/297/195 (4/3/05)
    http://lowcarb.owly.net

  9. "skizi" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi,

    I ran into a little problem when making these. The butter melted out of


    the

    Quoted message said:

    cookie, off the cookie sheet and onto the bottom of the oven. The house
    instead of smelling nice filled up with smoke., lots of smoke. I was
    wondering if this might be because the nuts were not ground enough. My


    nuts

    Quoted message said:

    were more like a chopped nut and not nut flour.

    They still taste great.

    Thanks

    Shari

    YIKES! That never happened to me. That's awful πŸ™. Possibly you're right
    about the nuts, I buy my pecan meal already ground and it's about the
    consistency of corn meal, if that tells you anything? Ditto the
    coconut...but I'm glad you enjoyed the cookies at least!
    --
    Sherry
    364/296/195 (4/3/05)
    http://lowcarb.owly.net

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users Β· 0 guests Β·0 bots Β·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.