Dear NG,
Ok here's a problem I have been facing since I disassembled half of the
chain, gear, rear wheel area for a complete chain/gear cleaning. .. I
have already reassembled everything including the rear wheel which is
giving me the problem now.
Every often the rear wheel just slips out of the gap where the nuts are
supposed to hold the axle to the frame. I tried tightening the nut as
much as I can, but I don't want to overdo it since I don't want to
destroy the thread of the axle bolt. .... Maybe I haven't realligned
the rear tires correctly... anyone here who could advise me? Would
appreciate it!
Btw, what I just said only happens on uphill biking... apparently the
force I use on climbing uphill forces the axle to slip out of where
it's supposed to be fixed.... Are there any techniques in realligning
tires, other than looking at the rear and having your fingers between
both side of the frame to measure the gap the tire has with the sides
of the frame? Could there be more reasons (other than realligning) that
this could happen.. I tried all possible reallignment and tried to
tighten it even more, I even tried to tighten the nut on the middle of
the gap... well.. I mean.. theres a U shaped hole on the frame (someone
help me with the terminology here 🙂 ) by which the axle goes through
it and and the nut usually tightens the axle on the end of the "U", but
I tried tightening it at the middle.... ugh...
what I mean is.. I have it ....
-------------------------
( rwn ) ) ... where rwn=rear wheel nut
-------------------------
instead of
-----------------------
( rwn ) )
-----------------------
but that didnt worked well as well....
Sincerely,
Jose Capco