Road Cycling · Public discussion

read this boring Page......the "I's" have it.

Started by cross PRO · · Last activity · 10 posts · 339 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
16 January 2005
Last activity
17 January 2005
Original author
cross PRO
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
339
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. found page at www.bike.com.

    Jonathan Page Reports On Emma's First Christmas
    And racing the 'Christmas Series'

    From: Jonathan Page - Tuesday, January 11, 2005

    Hello everyone! Well, the last 3 weeks since my December 21st entry
    here at Bike.com have been pretty hectic and results and, form wise,
    not at all good.

    I spent Christmas Eve I didn't do much I was still trying I picked
    up before Nationals. I just couldn't

    I had to be back to race on the 26th. I signed a contract to race in
    all. The flight was uneventful but I couldn't sleep.

    I even ended up.

    Lots of people congratulated me on my Nationals win.

    I started the first of my 7 race "Christmas Series". I didn't expect
    much from this race...and I didn't get much either. I raced the first
    20 minutes and then rode another 10 before pulling out.

    I was excited for this one. I usually do well there...but this year.
    UGH. I think I was 14th but I don't remember. I wasn't feeling good at
    all and the World Cup was the next day so that made me feel even worse.

    I quickly changed and headed out to ride a partial lap before going to
    the start line. To be honest, I was already off pace and after lap 2, I
    was going REALLY poorly and debated quitting entirely. (Ed. note: Kinda
    wish that he did!)

    I could hardly pedal my bike anymore. I was hoping to get lapped so I'd
    have an excuse to quit but it didn't happen so I finished. My Christmas
    Series was not going well.

    I woke up with a fever. I only had one more race, so I dragged myself
    out of bed. I couldn't help but smile. I finished with another mediocre
    result and feeling like I'd gone a few rounds against Ali but I went
    home happy because I knew I had 2 days with no racing!

    I spent those 2 days sleeping a lot and I put new cables my bikes and
    glue new tires I had flatted. I went to the doctor and got a blood
    test. I have very low iron and some infection.

    Normally, this would be bad news but, for me, it was GREAT news! I have
    been riding terribly and it gives me some hope that when I get done
    being sick I might actually ride well again!!

    I also took my girls...

    I slept in as late as possible on New Year's Day. I did better there,
    finishing 11th, but still not the result I was looking for.

    Some nice people offered to let us use their hot shower so I was VERY
    appreciative. They also invited us to come back for every year I race!

    Eight hours after leaving Baal, 1:30 am, I sent Cori in with Emma ahead
    of me with our bags. I got about halfway to the door of the hotel when
    I saw them coming back toward me.

    I woke up wondering what the race would bring. I was pleasantly
    surprised at the start of the race. I led the first two laps and then
    settled.

    I was yo-yoing. I came in to switch bikes, I flatted. I dropped to
    around 25th I was told. I went as hard as I could but was tapped after
    riding in the front and then riding so long with a flat and only
    managed 22nd. I was disappointed but what could I do?

    I spent much of the 3rd and 4th in bed with a fever.

    I wasn't at the hotel. The race was live on TV and I was "the man to
    win" and used heavily in the promotion of the race so I had to try to
    get there.

    I frantically got dressed. I found Cori and yelled to her to get in. I
    checked in, went to the start line, and we were off. I led the first
    lap for TV purposes. My legs were worthless and I flatted 3 times. I
    finished only 6th in a race I was supposed to win. I did the best I
    could with the circumstances I had.

    I actually feel like I will make it! Look for another journal after
    Worlds.

    Jonathan Page

    My only question is, "Why would I look for another journal after
    Worlds? To hear about another cold, showing up 15 seconds before the
    start, or your 13th 13th place of the year????"

    zzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz

  2. "cross PRO" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    found page at www.bike.com.

    Jonathan Page Reports On Emma's First Christmas
    And racing the 'Christmas Series'

    It's a report about him. Do you want him to refer to himself in third
    person?

    Plus, we can trust him for the truth.

  3. On 01/16/2005 09:00 AM, in article
    [email hidden], "cross PRO"

    Quoted message said:

    My only question is, "Why would I look for another journal after
    Worlds? To hear about another cold, showing up 15 seconds before the
    start, or your 13th 13th place of the year????"

    Someone needs to tell JP he needs to stop baggin' on his sponsors.

    From http://www.thejonathanpage.com/

    Oh yeah, and there have been a lot of people asking about my bikes and
    equipment...I am riding steel HotTubes bikes because my carbon Cervelos
    haven't arrived yet.

    I've seen similar comments in other journal entries of his as well, although
    I can't find them now, which means they were probably edited and removed.

    --
    Steven L. Sheffield
    stevens at veloworks dot com
    veloworks at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net
    bellum pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est
    ess ay ell tea ell ay kay ee sea eye tee why you ti ay aitch
    aitch tee tea pea colon [for word] slash [four ward] slash double-you
    double-yew double-ewe dot veloworks dot com [foreword] slash

  4. "Steven L. Sheffield" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On 01/16/2005 09:00 AM, in article
    [email hidden], "cross PRO"
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Someone needs to tell JP he needs to stop baggin' on his sponsors.

    Are they really his sponsor if they haven't shipped his bikes yet? It's
    January! He's been racing in Europe since September.

    Wade

  5. Carl Sundquist said:

    "cross PRO" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    found page at www.bike.com.

    Jonathan Page Reports On Emma's First Christmas
    And racing the 'Christmas Series'

    It's a report about him. Do you want him to refer to himself in third

    Quoted message said:

    person?

    Dumbass -

    I can see the OP's point. Page's writing style is terrible, starting
    most of his sentences with the word "I". That's the first thing one
    learns not to do in Writing 101.

    But: I guess that's why he's a dumb bike racer and not a writer.
    K. Gringioni.

  6. Guy said:

    Someone needs to tell JP he needs to stop baggin' on his sponsors.

    From http://www.thejonathanpage.com/

    Oh yeah, and there have been a lot of people asking about my bikes


    and

    Quoted message said:

    equipment...I am riding steel HotTubes bikes because my carbon


    Cervelos

    Quoted message said:

    haven't arrived yet.


    I think that it's entirely reasonable, in response to multiple queries
    as to why one's sponsor's frame is not being ridden at this point in
    the season, to offer a public explanation. This, rather than to invite
    speculation by withholding comment. Who's baggin' on whom?
    I figured that maybe it was because the Cervelos were breaking.

  7. "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:


    But: I guess that's why he's a dumb bike racer and not a writer.

    He *may* be a dumb writer, but he's not a dumb bike racer

  8. On 01/16/2005 07:05 PM, in article
    [email hidden], "Hunter"

    Quoted message said:
    Guy said:

    Someone needs to tell JP he needs to stop baggin' on his sponsors.

    From http://www.thejonathanpage.com/

    Oh yeah, and there have been a lot of people asking about my bikes


    and

    Quoted message said:

    equipment...I am riding steel HotTubes bikes because my carbon


    Cervelos

    Quoted message said:

    haven't arrived yet.


    I think that it's entirely reasonable, in response to multiple queries
    as to why one's sponsor's frame is not being ridden at this point in
    the season, to offer a public explanation. This, rather than to invite
    speculation by withholding comment. Who's baggin' on whom?
    I figured that maybe it was because the Cervelos were breaking.

    Cervelo builds steel frames as well ... And the steel HT frames he is riding
    are labelled "Cervelo" ...

    --
    Steven L. Sheffield
    stevens at veloworks dot com
    veloworks at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net
    bellum pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est
    ess ay ell tea ell ay kay ee sea eye tee why you ti ay aitch
    aitch tee tea pea colon [for word] slash [four ward] slash double-you
    double-yew double-ewe dot veloworks dot com [foreword] slash

  9. Kurgan Gringioni said:

    I can see the OP's point. Page's writing style is terrible, starting
    most of his sentences with the word "I". That's the first thing one
    learns not to do in Writing 101.

    Alexandre,
    I see what you mean. The best solution is to start every sentence with
    "Dumbass, "

  10. Stewart Fleming said:
    Kurgan Gringioni said:

    I can see the OP's point. Page's writing style is terrible,


    starting

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    most of his sentences with the word "I". That's the first thing one
    learns not to do in Writing 101.

    Alexandre,
    I see what you mean. The best solution is to start every sentence


    with

    Quoted message said:

    "Dumbass, "

    Dumbass -

    You are correct.

    That is why they left it out of Writing 101. It is far too advanced a
    concept for the beginner.

    K. Gringioni.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.