rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Re: whos doing the longest drive to Cal Muni

Started by jagur · · Last activity · 12 posts · 295 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
13 September 2004
Last activity
14 September 2004
Original author
jagur
Posts
12
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
295
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–12 of 12
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. DudleyDoRide and I are pulling a 10 hour straight drive Thursday. who's
    got more?

    --
    jagur - #3649_all fluff i hear?

    ---------------------------------------------------
    -Forget_Your_Life-
    [image:
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/albup23/sleeping_horse.jpg]

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    jagur's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/502
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/35055

  2. You Americans are wusses :P 3 day drive for me to the nearest city. Go
    Perth, most isolated city in the world!

    --
    Robbie - Street Unicyclist

    [image: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/greeny23-900/dr_z.gif]
    Greeny23
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Robbie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5302
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/35055

  3. I'm pretty sure Robbie is not planning to come to MUni Weekend. Whose a
    wuss now?

    Don't know if anyone is driving down from the Seattle area, but I think
    John Childs might be...

    --
    johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

    John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
    "jfoss" at "unicycling.com" -- www.unicycling.com

    "Read the rules!"
    'IUF Rulebook' (http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/rulebook/)
    'USA Rulebook' (http://www.unicycling.org/usa/competition/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    johnfoss's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/832
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/35055

  4. I'm pretty sure Robbie is not planning to come to MUni Weekend. Whose a
    wuss now?

    Don't know if anyone is driving down from the Seattle area, but I think
    John Childs might be...

    --
    johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

    John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
    "jfoss" at "unicycling.com" -- www.unicycling.com

    "Read the rules!"
    'IUF Rulebook' (http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/rulebook/)
    'USA Rulebook' (http://www.unicycling.org/usa/competition/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    johnfoss's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/832
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/35055

  5. Me, Harper, and Dan Heaton are driving down from Seattle. We'll be
    leaving Thursday morning (early). I hope we make it to Truckee and
    Northstar before everyone is asleep. 🙂

    I think we'll make good time. Harper and Dan drive like they're
    possessed.

    --
    john_childs - Guinness Mojo

    john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com
    Gallery: '' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/john_childs)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    john_childs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/449
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/35055

  6. how early John? we are looking at 7am. i wonder if we'll cross paths

    --
    jagur - #3649_all fluff i hear?

    ---------------------------------------------------
    -Forget_Your_Life-
    [image:
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/albup23/sleeping_horse.jpg]

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    jagur's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/502
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/35055

  7. jagur said:

    *how early John? we are looking at 7am. i wonder if we'll cross paths
    *

    We're still trying to figure that out. Current plan is to leave around
    5:00 AM. That would put us in Salem at about 9:00 AM. We'll probably
    be an hour or two behind you the whole way to Truckee. I might have to
    aim for an even earlier start time to avoid rolling into
    Truckee/Northstar at midnight. We'll see. I'm not a morning person.

    --
    john_childs - Guinness Mojo

    john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com
    Gallery: '' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/john_childs)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    john_childs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/449
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/35055

  8. john_childs said:

    *I might have to aim for an even earlier start time to avoid rolling
    into Truckee/Northstar at midnight. We'll see. I'm not a morning
    person. *

    Pretty simple solution here. Just sleep in whatever vehicle will be
    driving, and you'll already be there in the morning when things get
    rolling. If it's your car, drive to Harper's or Dan's...whichever is
    furthest north...the night before, then curl up in the back seat with a
    bottle of Thunderbird. By the time you wake up, it will be breakfast
    time in Salem.

    --
    tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

    Tailgate at your own risk.....

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tomblackwood's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3762
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/35055

  9. johnfoss said:

    *I'm pretty sure Robbie is not planning to come to MUni Weekend. Whose
    a wuss now?

    Don't know if anyone is driving down from the Seattle area, but I
    think John Childs might be... *

    Meh... firstly I'm 14 and I can't drive. So maybe I should steal a car
    and drive to a muni weekend even though I'm well under the legal age for
    driving. Would I be less of a wuss if I did that for you John 😄

    --
    Robbie - Street Unicyclist

    [image: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/greeny23-900/dr_z.gif]
    Greeny23
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Robbie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5302
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/35055

  10. It would be a rough drive accross the pond. You could fly, and get here
    in no time (literally, with the time difference.) Once I flew from
    Sydney to SF and landed before I left.

    BTW, In Perth, you have the best pizza in the world. Even the pope
    agrees!

    Robbie said:

    *

    Meh... firstly I'm 14 and I can't drive. So maybe I should steal a car
    and drive to a muni weekend even though I'm well under the legal age
    for driving. Would I be less of a wuss if I did that for you John 😄 *

    --
    mscalisi - Not such a newbie anymore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/35055

  11. mscalisi said:

    *Once I flew from Sydney to SF and landed before I left. *


    Yes, when we came back from Japan after Unicon, we also arrived before
    we left. But our bodies knew.

    Yes Robbie, if you steal a car it will make you less of a wuss. The
    question is whether that's the kind of non-wuss you would like to be in
    life. You called us wusses for living too close together. But the
    question was who is driving furthest to MUni Weekend, and apparently
    you're not. This year at least. I have to agree that driving from AUS
    would not be recommended. You could take a sailboat most of the way
    though...

    --
    johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

    John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
    "jfoss" at "unicycling.com" -- www.unicycling.com

    "Read the rules!"
    'IUF Rulebook' (http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/rulebook/)
    'USA Rulebook' (http://www.unicycling.org/usa/competition/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    johnfoss's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/832
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/35055

  12. Instead of stealing a car,steal a plane.🙄

    --
    forrestunifreak - Aka:forrestunifreak

    E Pluribus Montis,Unum Uni

    You know the UPD is coming.the UPD will get you.so plan for it.and UPD
    anyway.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    forrestunifreak's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6828
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/35055

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.