rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Re: Trials/Street Pedals Enquiries

Started by kington99 · · Last activity · 10 posts · 278 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
22 December 2005
Last activity
23 December 2005
Original author
kington99
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
278
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. andycookuk said:


    Do they come with extra pins?

    Are they the V8s in read?
    -Andy

    They only come with one set of pins, but you can buy both replacement
    pins and 'terror pins' which are longer for a couple of quid from your
    local bike shop. Incidentaly not all the pins on a V8 can be removed
    easily, you can pull the fixed ones out with a vice (as i did to my
    onza pedals) if you're going to remove them permeanently, only around
    half can be screwed in and out at will. You can see in this photo, the
    black pins are removable, the silver ones are not. Yes that does refer
    to red V8s, RC Red is a really strong red, see Loosemoose's V12s here.

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: LM wheel.jpg |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/11228 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    kington99

    Dave

    - what a thoroughly post-modern subversion of the cycling genre -
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    kington99's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9417
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45519

  2. Whoo! The V12s look tastey!

    unicyclistjoe- Thanks for the comments. I'll ask around town to see if
    anyone can order some for me 🙂

    _Where_can_I_tell_the_shops_to_order_them_from?_Is_there_an_official_JC_website_that_ships_them?_

    If not I'll definately get some V8s!

    Thanks for everyone's comments and opinions.

    -AndyC

    --
    andycookuk

    *Spoon boy*: -Do not try and ride the unicycle. Instead only try to
    realize the truth.-
    *Neo*: -What truth?-
    *Spoon boy*: -There is no unicycle.-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    andycookuk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11138
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45519

  3. YAY I got some reputation!!!

    --
    andycookuk

    *Spoon boy*: -Do not try and ride the unicycle. Instead only try to
    realize the truth.-
    *Neo*: -What truth?-
    *Spoon boy*: -There is no unicycle.-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    andycookuk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11138
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45519

  4. I have experience with both the V8s and the Jimmy Cs.
    I would say that the V8/V12 are better for Muni beacuse of their super
    grip.

    On the other hand I prefer JImmy C's on my trials/street uni beacuse
    they are bigge and I can re-position my foot on them a little bit.

    The choise is yours 😉

    --
    fexnix

    '*My fresh gallery*'
    (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Fexnix-album)
    *I Got Infinite Skillz*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    fexnix's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7381
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45519

  5. *Posted by fexnix*
    I have experience with both the V8s and the Jimmy Cs.
    I would say that the V8/V12 are better for Muni beacuse of their super
    grip.

    On the other hand I prefer Jimmy C's on my trials/street uni beacuse
    they are bigger and I can re-position my foot on them a little bit.

    That's very interesting, thanks Fexnix!

    I'm looking into ordering some JCs. I've found the Odyssey website
    www.odysseybmx.com and on there there is an email address for the
    distibuter in England. It sounds a little obscure but I've emailed it
    asking for more information on getting some JCs/deliveries/prices
    etc... I'll keep the news posted -I'm sure that I'm not the only guy in
    England that will want to get some JC pedals in the future.

    Thanks again,
    AndyC

    --
    andycookuk

    *Spoon boy*: -Do not try and ride the unicycle. Instead only try to
    realize the truth.-
    *Neo*: -What truth?-
    *Spoon boy*: -There is no unicycle.-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    andycookuk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11138
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45519

  6. http://www.extremesports.ltd.uk/bmx/product90-343.htm i googled them and
    after a lot of time found them. In the uk.

    Mike

    --
    swarbrim
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45519

  7. WOW! Nice one Swarbrim! Your google powers are like nothing I have ever
    seen before. Maybe mankind can be saved after all...

    Thanks a lot. Are you getting the JC pedals from extreme sports? I'm
    investigating now...

    -AndyC

    --
    andycookuk

    *Spoon boy*: -Do not try and ride the unicycle. Instead only try to
    realize the truth.-
    *Neo*: -What truth?-
    *Spoon boy*: -There is no unicycle.-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    andycookuk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11138
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45519

  8. IT'S PEDALS GOD ! just go to walmart get some cheap platforms metal ones
    and grind 1side then paint em.. thats what I did and my pedals won and
    they cost me 20$

    --
    maxisback

    Quiters never win, winners never quit , the ones who never win and never
    quit are just dumb
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45519

  9. maxisback said:

    IT'S PEDALS GOD ! just go to walmart get some cheap platforms metal ones
    and grind 1side then paint em.. thats what I did and my pedals won and
    they cost me 20$

    They may only be pedals but slippery pedals probably account for at
    least 70% of all my unicycling injuries.
    It is very wet in England.

    Extreme Sports is a Goldmine! They also sell Snafus, JCs and V8s! They
    have a shop in Docaster which is near Sheffield too! 🙂

    Fantastic!
    -AndyC

    --
    andycookuk

    *Spoon boy*: -Do not try and ride the unicycle. Instead only try to
    realize the truth.-
    *Neo*: -What truth?-
    *Spoon boy*: -There is no unicycle.-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    andycookuk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11138
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45519

  10. Go google Primo Balance Magnesium they are the best trials pedals i have
    ever used. they only have 4 pins so they dont mess up your legs but
    have the most amazeing grip ever. they have real big axles so they wont
    break and there sealed so no repacking bearings. they also wont get
    aney of that slop that the snafus get.

    --
    unicyclepa

    www.unicyclepa.com
    we suck
    but its all good
    team YAMS member in your sig or title and say
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unicyclepa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9246
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45519

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.