Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Re: Timeline of a preplanned flame war

Started by Tim McNamara · · Last activity · 2 posts · 414 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
28 January 2008
Last activity
28 January 2008
Original author
Tim McNamara
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
414
Views / 30 days
6

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. In article
    <[email hidden]>,

    Andre Jute said:

    Tom Sherman wrote: "Mr. Jute's post was a troll in that it did
    attempt to lead people down the wrong path. However, Mr. Fogel has
    some history on this newsgroup of coming to the wrong conclusions,
    but never admitting his error."

    I don't think there is a troll here, Tom. The dates and times show
    that Carl Fogel called me a liar before I could even answer
    questions:

    Andre Jute Jan 23, 12:34 am (in the thread "Chalo among the fashion
    victims and other impressionables" (1)): "Gazelle Toulouse ... I've
    done well over 100Km/h on that bike, going downhill of course."

    Clive George Jan 23, 5.20pm: "That's pretty fast - what hill?"

    Andre Jute Jan 23, 5:42 pm: "Not a famous hill. A tarmacadam farm
    lane."

    Clive George Jan 23, 6:09 pm: "Whereabouts is it?"

    Carl Fogel Jan 23, 7:00 pm, less than an hour later calls me a liar
    without waiting for my reply to Clive: "I'm not surprised that you
    got no real answer beyond that vague tarmacadam farm lane that only
    one farmer uses, continent unspecified...etc"

    Carl Fogel Jan 23, 7:43 pm, only an hour and a half after Clive asked
    his question, and still without waiting for my reply, repeats the
    accusation that I'm a liar: "And I'd still be pleased to find that my
    skepticism is wrong and that there is a paved farm lane long enough
    and steep enough for that kind of bike to do well over 100 kmh."

    That's not actually an accusation that you are a liar, Jute. You chose
    to interpret it as such in order to bang your little drum and puff
    yourself up. It's too bad Tom inserted himself into your pathetic
    psychodrama for reasons of his own.

    However, be that as it may, you clearly have nothing to offer this
    newsgroup and thus you may be happily ignored. Adieu, Jute.

  2. Tim McNamara said:

    In article
    <[email hidden]>,

    Andre Jute said:

    Tom Sherman wrote: "Mr. Jute's post was a troll in that it did
    attempt to lead people down the wrong path. However, Mr. Fogel has
    some history on this newsgroup of coming to the wrong conclusions,
    but never admitting his error."

    I don't think there is a troll here, Tom. The dates and times show
    that Carl Fogel called me a liar before I could even answer
    questions:

    Andre Jute Jan 23, 12:34 am (in the thread "Chalo among the fashion
    victims and other impressionables" (1)): "Gazelle Toulouse ... I've
    done well over 100Km/h on that bike, going downhill of course."

    Clive George Jan 23, 5.20pm: "That's pretty fast - what hill?"

    Andre Jute Jan 23, 5:42 pm: "Not a famous hill. A tarmacadam farm
    lane."

    Clive George Jan 23, 6:09 pm: "Whereabouts is it?"

    Carl Fogel Jan 23, 7:00 pm, less than an hour later calls me a liar
    without waiting for my reply to Clive: "I'm not surprised that you
    got no real answer beyond that vague tarmacadam farm lane that only
    one farmer uses, continent unspecified...etc"

    Carl Fogel Jan 23, 7:43 pm, only an hour and a half after Clive asked
    his question, and still without waiting for my reply, repeats the
    accusation that I'm a liar: "And I'd still be pleased to find that my
    skepticism is wrong and that there is a paved farm lane long enough
    and steep enough for that kind of bike to do well over 100 kmh."

    That's not actually an accusation that you are a liar, Jute. You chose
    to interpret it as such in order to bang your little drum and puff
    yourself up. It's too bad Tom inserted himself into your pathetic
    psychodrama for reasons of his own.

    However, be that as it may, you clearly have nothing to offer this
    newsgroup and thus you may be happily ignored. Adieu, Jute.

    "Too easily annoyed" - a sin of old, but still a frequent occurence.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.