Andrew B. Chung said:Ernst Primer said:
Andrew B. Chung said:Thorsten Schier wrote:
>
> Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD schrieb:
> > Thorsten Schier wrote:
> >
> >>Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD schrieb:
> >>
> >>>Jeff wrote:
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>>"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email hidden]> wrote in
messageQuoted message said:> >>>>news:[email hidden]...
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>>MrPepper11 wrote:
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>>>Forbes 5/3/05
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>>The Global Epidemic In Diet Advice
> >>>>>>Dan Ackman
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>><snip>
> >>>>>
> >>>>>Thankfully, the 2PD-OMER Approach is not a diet:
> >>>>
> >>>>Actually, it is:
> >>>>
> >>>>Diet \Di"et\, n. [F. di[`e]te, L. diaeta, fr. Gr. ? manner
of
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:living.]
Quoted message said:> >>>>
> >>>>1. Course of living or nourishment; what is eaten and drunk
habitually;Quoted message said:> >>>>food; victuals; fare. ``No inconvenient diet.'' --Milton.
[1913
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Webster]
Quoted message said:> >>>>
> >>>>2. A course of food selected with reference to a particular
state of health;Quoted message said:> >>>>prescribed allowance of food; regimen prescribed. [1913
Webster]Quoted message said:> >>>>
> >>>
> >>>>from dictionary.net.
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>Would you apply this definition to claim that "portion
control"
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:is a
Quoted message said:> >>>diet
> >>
> >>"prescibed allowance of food" does sound like portion control
to
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:me, so
Quoted message said:> >>yes, this definition can be applied to claim that portion
control, ifQuoted message said:> >>you are serious about it, is a diet.
> >>
> >>and that there is no such thing as a "normal diet" ?
> >>
> >>Who claimed such a thing? Btw., a normal diet is still a
diet.
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Quoted message said:> >
> >
> > Ok, someone on a normal diet starts using the 2PD-OMER
Approach
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:without
Quoted message said:> > changing what he is eating.
> >
> > What is the name of the diet he is following?
>
> The 2PD-Diet. Isn't this obvious?No for the following simple reason:
Now take someone who is on the Atkin's diet and have him also use
the
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Quoted message said:2PD-OMER Approach without changing what he is eating.
**Now** what is the name of the diet this other person is
following?
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:
The two pound diet.Is that the same as the 2PD-OMER Approach?
Yes.
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:You should already know that Dr. Atkins didn't
want people metering out certain foods in their diet (meat, cheese,
eggs, low-carb foods), particularly in the early phases of the
diet.
Quoted message said:
In truth, Dr. Atkins is dead so his wants are irrelevant here.
<shrug>
You used Dr. Atkins' diet as an example, not me. His "wants" are all
in the 2002 edition of his book, which was my basis for answering your
question in the way I did.
"I am wiser than this man; it is likely that neither of us knows
anything worthwhile, but he thinks he knows something when he does not,
whereas when I do not know, neither do I think I know; so I am likely
to be wiser than he to this small extent, that I do not think I know
what I do not know." Plato - (Apology 21d)
<snip>