General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: SAN DIEGO 2005 COOK-IN

Started by Leila · · Last activity · 6 posts · 310 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
8 March 2005
Last activity
12 March 2005
Original author
Leila
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
310
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. The Sandeeaygo MacLeods are now the Seattle (Bainbridge Island)
    MacLeods...you knew this, Charlie, didn't you? They're awfully mobile
    so you never know with them.

    I'm hoping they host a NW cook-in sometime. We hope to be more mobile
    in the future than we have been recently. But because we no longer have
    in-laws in San Diego, it's just unlikely that we'll be attending, so
    sorry Charlie...

    Fondly,

    Leila (a Bay Area MacLeod by marriage)

  2. I wrote re: San Diego MacLeods:

    Quoted message said:

    They're awfully mobile so you never know with them.

    Ambiguous. Meaning, they might return to SD for the cook-in because
    they travel a lot.

    Leila

  3. On 8 Mar 2005 23:46:38 -0800, "Leila" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    I wrote re: San Diego MacLeods:

    Quoted message said:

    They're awfully mobile so you never know with them.

    Ambiguous. Meaning, they might return to SD for the cook-in because
    they travel a lot.

    Leila

    I hope they do! I so enjoyed them at the 2003 October cook-in!

    Debbie and I discovered that we have a favorite cookbook in common:
    Lulu's Provencal Table, by Richard Olney, and we had talked about
    making bouilliabase from that book at the next SD cook-in. Alas, it
    didn't happen, as I couldn't make it to the cook-in and I don't think
    she did either.

    Hmm...now thinking about bouilliabase.....

    Christine

  4. "Leila" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    The Sandeeaygo MacLeods are now the Seattle (Bainbridge Island)
    MacLeods...you knew this, Charlie, didn't you?

    No! I didn't know that. Our loss is Bainbridge Island's gain. It is a lovely
    place.

    Quoted message said:

    They're awfully mobile
    so you never know with them.

    We can hope! Do they have the same email address?

    Quoted message said:

    I'm hoping they host a NW cook-in sometime. We hope to be more mobile
    in the future than we have been recently. But because we no longer have
    in-laws in San Diego, it's just unlikely that we'll be attending, so
    sorry Charlie...

    Fondly,

    Leila (a Bay Area MacLeod by marriage)

    I had hoped you and family could get down here sometime for a cook-in. I
    certainly understand the difficulty you have doing it though. A Northwest
    Cook-In would be fun. It has been a while since I've been up there. I missed
    the last one at the Zelt household. A Bainbridge Island cook-in would be a
    good excuse for me to visit Port Angeles one of my favorite places!

    Hugs,
    Charlie

  5. Charles Gifford said:

    "Leila" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    The Sandeeaygo MacLeods are now the Seattle (Bainbridge Island)
    MacLeods...you knew this, Charlie, didn't you?

    Quoted message said:

    Do they have the same email address?

    Yes I believe so but you know, I didn't check the return addy on the
    last e-mail!! But they are so organized about techy stuff that I'll bet
    e-mails to old addy would get forwarded. And BIL Pete is with the same
    company, just different office, so you can always use his work addy.
    Email me privately if you need contacts.

    Quoted message said:

    A Bainbridge Island cook-in would be a
    good excuse for me to visit Port Angeles one of my favorite places!

    I'm not volunteering my in-laws to host one, now! Don't get me in
    trouble! They are pretty busy these days....

    Leila

    Quoted message said:

    Hugs,
    Charlie

  6. "Leila" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm not volunteering my in-laws to host one, now! Don't get me in
    trouble! They are pretty busy these days....

    Leila

    Heh, heh! I understand. Anyway, that is MY job. I'm good at volunteering
    people. I shall leave Peter and that cutie Debbie alone for a while. The
    next folks I'm going to badger are the ones in the L.A. area. We haven't had
    an August L.A. Cook-In for a long time.

    Charlie, cook-in fool

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.