Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Re: pvc tubing as threadless headset spacer

Started by Bill Sornson · · Last activity · 1 post · 449 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
1 April 2005
Last activity
1 April 2005
Original author
Bill Sornson
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
449
Views / 30 days
4

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Quoted message said:

    Hello fellow list mates,

    Has anyone successfully used PVC plumbing tubing as a spacer for a
    headset? The fork tube is too long and I do not want to cut it
    because I believe that I would have trouble reinserting the star
    fangled nut. My thinking is that if I use the PVC tubing above the
    stem, the stem will hold everything together and there will be no
    pressure on the PVC tubing.

    What I want to do, is use the PVC tubing below the stem and
    consequently there would be pressure. Anybody have experience with
    that? Thank you very much.

    April Fool?

    You know, for an attorney -- especially a MD attorney -- you're quite funny!

    Bill from Silver Spring (/long/ ago)

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.