General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Picky Dinner Guests

Started by Mark Thorson · · Last activity · 133 posts · 1,576 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
22 November 2007
Last activity
27 November 2007
Original author
Mark Thorson
Posts
133
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,576
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 81–100 of 133
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Bobo Bonobo(R) said:
    Michael \'Dog3\ said:

    "Dee.Dee" <[email hidden]> dropped this news:fiaq62$1av$1
    @registered.motzarella.org: in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:

    <sf> wrote in messagenews:[email hidden]...
    > On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 16:57:47 GMT, blake murphy <[email hidden]>
    > wrote:

    Quoted message said:

    >>or maybe it's some kind of residual puritan idea that folks are being
    >>punished by god, who seems to go in for that sort of thing.

    Quoted message said:

    > We don't have to blame the Puritans. We have plenty of modern day
    > bible thumpers who think that way.

    Quoted message said:

    It would be interesting to view a survey of rfc'ers of their religious
    beliefs.
    Dee Dee

    I'm agnostic at best.

    I'm atheist, but I recognize that it is fellow atheists who have been
    the worst villains in history, at least in total numbers. When you
    add up Stalin and Pol Pot...

    what difference does that make? believing in god doesn't guarantee
    you won't be a villain, just as being an atheist doesn't mean you have
    no morals.

    also, it doesn't take killing people to be a tyrant causing great
    misery.

    your pal,
    blake

  2. Bobo Bonobo(R) said:

    You mean an Alfa? Like a Spyder? I used to have a Fiat Bertone
    X-1/9. A piece of [censored] in some ways, but a joy to drive when it
    wasn't at Tony's Car Repair.


    We had a Fiat Spider for years. I always said it was made on a
    Tuesday.... because we never had problems with it until it got old and
    was supposed to have problems.

    --
    See return address to reply by email
    remove the smiley face first

  3. "Bobo Bonobo(R)" <[email hidden]> wrote in news:4e1d0d75-f92d-455f-
    [email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    Dee.Dee said:

    "Sarah Gray" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    > Hon, are you intoxicated? LOL... Just kidding. A Mercedes? Not in
    this
    > lifetime. Gimme a Jeep anytime.

    Quoted message said:

    I want a Saab. 🙂

    I've already had my dream -- Alpha (top down - Hawaii).
    Sigh- nothing to aspire to.

    You mean an Alfa? Like a Spyder? I used to have a Fiat Bertone
    X-1/9. A piece of [censored] in some ways, but a joy to drive when it
    wasn't at Tony's Car Repair.

    The car I want, they stopped making in 1989... by the time I can afford
    to be choosy about another used car, I'm afraid it will be even harder
    to find one. 🙁

  4. "Michael \"Dog3\"" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Sarah Gray <[email hidden]> dropped this
    news:[email hidden]: in
    rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:

    "Michael \"Dog3\"" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    sf dropped this news:[email hidden]: in
    rec.food.cooking

    > On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 23:35:43 -0800, Dan Abel <[email hidden]>
    > wrote:
    >>In article <[email hidden]>,
    >> Wayne Boatwright <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Oh pshaw, on Fri 23 Nov 2007 06:18:15p, meant to say...
    >>>
    >>> > On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 16:38:36 -0800, Dan Abel <[email hidden]>
    >>> > wrote:
    >>> >
    >>> >> Serene <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>> >>
    >>> >>> Why would you blame a person's mental illness on her parents?
    >>> >>
    >>> >>Children learn from their parents. When one is insane, and the
    >>> >>other avoids the family, then the child learns from that
    >>> >>parent. When the primary role model is insane, the child has no
    >>> >>choice


    but

    Quoted message said:

    >>> >>to learn that.
    >>> >>
    >>> >>Personal experience. It hasn't been pretty.
    >>> >
    >>> > I learned a few years ago from a psychologist that a person can


    be

    Quoted message said:

    >>> > driven insane. It's especially true for children because they
    >>> > don't have many (sane) life experiences to fall back on for a
    >>> > reality check.
    >>>
    >>> If I'm going to be driven there, make it at least in a mercedes.
    >>
    >>You've got it. Of course, if you are going to be insane, it will
    >>be


    a

    Quoted message said:

    >>virtual MercedesBenz.
    >
    > Channeling Janis Joplin.....
    >
    > "Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?
    > My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends.
    > Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
    > So Lord, won’t you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?"

    Hon, are you intoxicated? LOL... Just kidding. A Mercedes? Not in


    this

    Quoted message said:

    lifetime. Gimme a Jeep anytime.

    I want a Saab. 🙂

    I just bought a new Nissan Murano. Not sure how I'm going to like it.
    I kept the Jeep... Just in case. The Jeep is 10 years old. I pay cash
    for my cars but I put money into a savings account every month just
    like a car payment. The Murano was all I could afford but I really
    wanted a BMW X5. Those puppies are FAST. Besides, I did not want
    leather seats. Leather in St. Louis sucks.

    So, you're a Saab snob 😉

    Kind of amusing considering I currently drive a Ford Tempo (a stick
    shift, at least!)

    Quoted message said:

    Michael <- likes Volvos but everyone in the neighborhood has one or
    more of them

    My parents used to drive old Volvos. Before that, they had a red and
    white VW microbus with the words "Too much magic bus" that my mother
    painted on the back...

  5. On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 11:46:37 -0500, "Nancy Young" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "Michael "Dog3"" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Michael <- likes Volvos but everyone in the neighborhood has one or more
    of them

    The problem I see with Volvos is they turn you into a
    crappy driver. Or is it a chicken/egg thing? Heh.


    When I drove a Lancia, my kids wanted me to drive a Volvo. Those were
    the days of the commercial when they pushed on off a cliff. The kids
    tried to convince me to switch for the safety factor. They were still
    in elementary school and real conformists. All the other moms were
    driving Volvos and I didn't conform.

    --
    See return address to reply by email
    remove the smiley face first

  6. Sarah Gray said:

    "Michael \"Dog3\"" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    sf dropped this news:[email hidden]: in
    rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:

    On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 23:35:43 -0800, Dan Abel <[email hidden]>
    wrote:
    > In article <[email hidden]>,
    > Wayne Boatwright <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >> Oh pshaw, on Fri 23 Nov 2007 06:18:15p, meant to say...
    >>
    >>> On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 16:38:36 -0800, Dan Abel <[email hidden]>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Serene <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Why would you blame a person's mental illness on her parents?
    >>>>
    >>>> Children learn from their parents. When one is insane, and the
    >>>> other avoids the family, then the child learns from that parent.
    >>>> When the primary role model is insane, the child has no choice
    >>>> but to learn that.
    >>>>
    >>>> Personal experience. It hasn't been pretty.
    >>>
    >>> I learned a few years ago from a psychologist that a person can
    >>> be driven insane. It's especially true for children because they
    >>> don't have many (sane) life experiences to fall back on for a
    >>> reality check.
    >>
    >> If I'm going to be driven there, make it at least in a mercedes.
    >
    > You've got it. Of course, if you are going to be insane, it will
    > be a virtual MercedesBenz.

    Channeling Janis Joplin.....

    "Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?
    My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends.
    Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
    So Lord, won’t you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?"

    Hon, are you intoxicated? LOL... Just kidding. A Mercedes? Not in
    this lifetime. Gimme a Jeep anytime.

    I want a Saab. 🙂

    I have a shogun and my last was a Miata <G> I don't have any other fancies
    for cars

  7. Sarah Gray <[email hidden]> dropped this
    news:[email hidden]: in
    rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:

    "Michael \"Dog3\"" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Sarah Gray <[email hidden]> dropped this
    news:[email hidden]: in
    rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:

    "Michael \"Dog3\"" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    > sf dropped this news:[email hidden]: in
    > rec.food.cooking
    >
    >> On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 23:35:43 -0800, Dan Abel <[email hidden]>
    >> wrote:
    >>>In article <[email hidden]>,
    >>> Wayne Boatwright <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Oh pshaw, on Fri 23 Nov 2007 06:18:15p, meant to say...
    >>>>
    >>>> > On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 16:38:36 -0800, Dan Abel <[email hidden]>
    >>>> > wrote:
    >>>> >
    >>>> >> Serene <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>>> >>
    >>>> >>> Why would you blame a person's mental illness on her parents?
    >>>> >>
    >>>> >>Children learn from their parents. When one is insane, and the
    >>>> >>other avoids the family, then the child learns from that
    >>>> >>parent. When the primary role model is insane, the child has no
    >>>> >>choice
    but
    >>>> >>to learn that.
    >>>> >>
    >>>> >>Personal experience. It hasn't been pretty.
    >>>> >
    >>>> > I learned a few years ago from a psychologist that a person can
    be
    >>>> > driven insane. It's especially true for children because they
    >>>> > don't have many (sane) life experiences to fall back on for a
    >>>> > reality check.
    >>>>
    >>>> If I'm going to be driven there, make it at least in a mercedes.
    >>>
    >>>You've got it. Of course, if you are going to be insane, it will
    >>>be
    a
    >>>virtual MercedesBenz.
    >>
    >> Channeling Janis Joplin.....
    >>
    >> "Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?
    >> My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends.
    >> Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
    >> So Lord, won’t you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?"
    >
    > Hon, are you intoxicated? LOL... Just kidding. A Mercedes? Not in
    this
    > lifetime. Gimme a Jeep anytime.
    >

    I want a Saab. 🙂

    I just bought a new Nissan Murano. Not sure how I'm going to like it.
    I kept the Jeep... Just in case. The Jeep is 10 years old. I pay cash
    for my cars but I put money into a savings account every month just
    like a car payment. The Murano was all I could afford but I really
    wanted a BMW X5. Those puppies are FAST. Besides, I did not want
    leather seats. Leather in St. Louis sucks.

    So, you're a Saab snob 😉

    Kind of amusing considering I currently drive a Ford Tempo (a stick
    shift, at least!)

    Quoted message said:

    Michael <- likes Volvos but everyone in the neighborhood has one or
    more of them

    My parents used to drive old Volvos. Before that, they had a red and
    white VW microbus with the words "Too much magic bus" that my mother
    painted on the back...

    The magic bus... What a hoot.

    Michael

    --
    Too much fun! Click the card link and print 'em out.

    http://shorterlink.com/?87KN1V

    Send email to: michael at lonergan dot us dot com

  8. "Bobo Bonobo(R)" <[email hidden]> dropped this
    news:[email hidden]:
    in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:
    Michael \'Dog3\ said:

    "Bobo Bonobo(R)" <[email hidden]> dropped
    thisnews:[email hidden]
    .com: in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:

    I'm atheist, but I recognize that it is fellow atheists who have
    been the worst villains in history, at least in total numbers.
    When you add up Stalin and Pol Pot...
    Marx described the church in Germany at the time as "opium." In
    modern America, I would say that it is sports that is the opium (GO
    TIGERS!), giving people something to feel like winners about when
    they are obviously losing in the cold war of class relations. The
    Christians in this country have been at the forefront of most of
    the positive, progressive movements. That said, the Religious
    Right are my sworn enemies.
    Anyway, America has one TRUE RELIGION, as described in The Bonobos'
    lyrics:

    I swear though, what I find most profound is the people on death row.
    They all of a sudden find religion. They butcher up countless people
    and then they find religion. Blows my mind. I interviewed a serial
    killer's father. I will not go into detail... ever but I will say
    the father said his son was a killer from the outset. This is from my
    crime group I used to sub to. BTW, do you know Cheech Maron? He is
    a friend of mine. I think you 2 would hit it off.

    Quoted message said:

    Yeah, Right

    Quoted message said:

    I got some buddies who tell me they're Christian
    Yeah, right.
    And I've got some friends, you know they tell me they're Pagan
    Yeah, right.
    This guy that I work with, he says he's a Muslim
    Yeah, right
    But we all bow down for the worship of Mammon
    Allright!
    We all bow down 'cause we're worshippin' Mammon
    Allright!
    We all bow down 'cause we're worshippin' Mammon
    Allright!
    And we'll all bow down 'cause we're worshippin' Mammon tonight
    Let's go!

    Rock on... I love it.

    I sent you the mp3 of the studio version (off our 7"😉

    Got it.

    Michael

    --
    Too much fun! Click the card link and print 'em out.

    http://shorterlink.com/?87KN1V

    Send email to: michael at lonergan dot us dot com

  9. <sf> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Bobo Bonobo(R) said:

    You mean an Alfa? Like a Spyder? I used to have a Fiat Bertone
    X-1/9. A piece of [censored] in some ways, but a joy to drive when it
    wasn't at Tony's Car Repair.


    We had a Fiat Spider for years. I always said it was made on a
    Tuesday.... because we never had problems with it until it got old and
    was supposed to have problems.

    My Alfa wasn't a piece of [censored]. The people who always attended to Alpha
    R.'s warranty were in the same dealership as Jaguar in California and
    something else - Mercedes? - in Washington State. It was nice to not have
    your car attended by some guy that looked and acted like a total idiot. It
    was not until we moved to Hawaii that it fell under the auspices of the Ford
    dealership for warranty. Then when we came to Virginia, we had no choice
    but to take it to another 'one size fits all' repair shop near Washington,
    D.C.

    I sold the car to a kid from PA. It was his graduation present. I was
    thrilled to see that someone nice got the car. The car served me well and
    was a lot of fun to drive.
    Dee Dee

  10. On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 12:36:35 -0500, "cybercat" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    I WANT leather seats!

    I've always had leather seats. They rock big time.

    --
    See return address to reply by email
    remove the smiley face first

  11. On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 17:31:27 -0500, "cybercat" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "blake murphy" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:


    or maybe it's some kind of residual puritan idea that folks are being
    punished by god, who seems to go in for that sort of thing.

    Or maybe just "DESTROY THE DIFFERENT ONE! DIFFERENT BAD!
    UG!"

    Beat that for a dark view of human nature.

    (Also, mental illness is defined as "[blah blah blah ...] and they bother
    people.
    Until you bother people in some way, you can be as crazy as an outhouse rat
    and nobody will call you mentally ill.)

    true. or if you're very, very good at something (chess, athletics,
    art) you can still bug the [censored] out of people.

    your pal,
    blake

  12. Oh pshaw, on Sun 25 Nov 2007 11:11:07a, meant to say...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 11:46:37 -0500, "Nancy Young" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "Michael "Dog3"" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Michael <- likes Volvos but everyone in the neighborhood has one or


    more

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    of them

    The problem I see with Volvos is they turn you into a
    crappy driver. Or is it a chicken/egg thing? Heh.


    When I drove a Lancia, my kids wanted me to drive a Volvo. Those were
    the days of the commercial when they pushed on off a cliff. The kids
    tried to convince me to switch for the safety factor. They were still
    in elementary school and real conformists. All the other moms were
    driving Volvos and I didn't conform.

    When have you ever (thankfully). :-)

    --
    Wayne Boatwright

    Date: Sun, 11/25/07

    *******************************************
    Countdown 'til Christmas
    4wks 11hrs
    *******************************************
    Useless Invention: Second-hand fireworks.
    *******************************************

  13. Oh pshaw, on Sun 25 Nov 2007 09:51:49a, cybercat meant to say...

    Quoted message said:


    "Michael "Dog3"" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Well, I'm old but don't feel it. But I hear what you're saying. I'm


    52...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    does that count as old?

    You sound much younger! Anyway, I see that you get the context, you'd


    just

    Quoted message said:

    rather have a jeep. 🙂

    Michael will never grow old or "grow up". That's part of his charm. :-)

    --
    Wayne Boatwright

    Date: Sun, 11/25/07

    *******************************************
    Countdown 'til Christmas
    4wks 11hrs
    *******************************************
    Useless Invention: Second-hand fireworks.
    *******************************************

  14. Oh pshaw, on Sun 25 Nov 2007 10:21:22a, Dee.Dee meant to say...

    Quoted message said:


    "Wayne Boatwright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message >> Right.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Since I have no further aspirations in the auto department, I think


    I'll

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    just get dressed and take a mile walk on my own trail and listen to the
    birds and look at the beautiful skies. I believe the Indians traversed
    here. I'll give thanks for their land which I have purchased.

    Toodle-doo.
    Dee Dee

    $24 in beads?

    --
    Wayne Boatwright

    Sorry to say, wampum has spiraled due to devaluation of the dollar. I'd
    have to give it back, I think.
    Dee Dee

    I wouldn't worry to much. I don't think they scalp people anymore. :-)

    --
    Wayne Boatwright

    Date: Sun, 11/25/07

    *******************************************
    Countdown 'til Christmas
    4wks 11hrs
    *******************************************
    Useless Invention: Second-hand fireworks.
    *******************************************

  15. Oh pshaw, on Sun 25 Nov 2007 10:54:26a, blake murphy meant to say...

    Quoted message said:
    Wayne Boatwright said:

    Oh pshaw, on Sat 24 Nov 2007 10:09:25a, blake murphy meant to say...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 01:32:16 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >Oh pshaw, on Fri 23 Nov 2007 06:18:15p, meant to say...
    >
    >> On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 16:38:36 -0800, Dan Abel <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>In article <[email hidden]>,
    >>> Serene <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Abe wrote:
    >>>> >> jmcquown wrote:
    >>>> >>> She's one of those people, if she doesn't know what it is it
    >>>> >>> must be terrible. If anyone mentioned sourdough she'd freak.
    >>>> >>> WHATEVER.
    >>>> >> I'd advise to steer clear of mental cases like her. There's
    >>>> >> clearly something screwy in her upbringing that has affected
    >>>> >> this way. I don't think she sees that she has a choice in the
    >>>> >> matter. It's called a mental illness.
    >>>>
    >>>> Why would you blame a person's mental illness on her parents?
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>Personal experience.
    >>>
    >>>Children learn from their parents. When one is insane, and the other
    >>>avoids the family, then the child learns from that parent. When the
    >>>primary role model is insane, the child has no choice but to learn
    >>>that.
    >>>
    >>>Personal experience. It hasn't been pretty.
    >>
    >> I learned a few years ago from a psychologist that a person can be
    >> driven insane. It's especially true for children because they don't
    >> have many (sane) life experiences to fall back on for a reality


    check.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>
    >
    >If I'm going to be driven there, make it at least in a mercedes.

    ...with a few stops at saloons along the way.

    your pal,
    blake

    Make that a Mercedes limo with a bar. :-)

    oh-oh! an open container! hit the siren, charlie...

    your pal,
    blake

    They're coming to take me away, ha ha!

    --
    Wayne Boatwright

    Date: Sun, 11/25/2007

    *******************************************
    Countdown 'til Christmas
    4wks 10hrs 45mins
    *******************************************
    Anarchy: Such a good idea, it should
    be the law.
    *******************************************

  16. Oh pshaw, on Sun 25 Nov 2007 02:34:41a, Michael "Dog3" meant to say...

    Quoted message said:

    "Dee.Dee" <[email hidden]> dropped this news:fiaq62$1av$1
    @registered.motzarella.org: in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:


    <sf> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 16:57:47 GMT, blake murphy <[email hidden]>
    wrote:

    >or maybe it's some kind of residual puritan idea that folks are being
    >punished by god, who seems to go in for that sort of thing.

    We don't have to blame the Puritans. We have plenty of modern day
    bible thumpers who think that way.

    It would be interesting to view a survey of rfc'ers of their religious
    beliefs. Dee Dee

    I'm agnostic at best.

    Michael

    And, at worst?

    --
    Wayne Boatwright

    Date: Sun, 11/25/2007

    *******************************************
    Countdown 'til Christmas
    4wks 10hrs 45mins
    *******************************************
    Anarchy: Such a good idea, it should
    be the law.
    *******************************************

  17. <sf> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 12:36:35 -0500, "cybercat" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    I WANT leather seats!

    I've always had leather seats. They rock big time.

    Here's the way it went with me -- I got leather seats and proceeded to cover
    them with the fluffy wool - IIRC they were "Napa Valley Wool seatcovers."
    Lordy, my!

    Actually it probably saved the leather, as DH was just too darned big to
    ride in a small car. He has a way of destroying seats.
    Dee Dee

  18. On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 16:02:07 -0500, "Dee.Dee" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    <sf> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 12:36:35 -0500, "cybercat" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    I WANT leather seats!

    I've always had leather seats. They rock big time.

    Here's the way it went with me -- I got leather seats and proceeded to cover
    them with the fluffy wool - IIRC they were "Napa Valley Wool seatcovers."
    Lordy, my!

    Actually it probably saved the leather, as DH was just too darned big to
    ride in a small car. He has a way of destroying seats.

    I've never resorted to seat covers. Hubby isn't a "big guy" by any
    stretch of the imagination, so he's easy on seats too. In fact, he
    babies our cars so much that sometimes I think we should take a tax
    deduction on them.

    --
    See return address to reply by email
    remove the smiley face first

  19. sf dropped this news:[email hidden]: in
    rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:

    On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 12:36:35 -0500, "cybercat" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    I WANT leather seats!

    I've always had leather seats. They rock big time

    [I

    --
    Too much fun! Click the card link and print 'em out.

    http://shorterlink.com/?87KN1V

    Send email to: michael at lonergan dot us dot com

  20. <sf> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Actually it probably saved the leather, as DH was just too darned big to
    ride in a small car. He has a way of destroying seats.

    I've never resorted to seat covers. Hubby isn't a "big guy" by any
    stretch of the imagination, so he's easy on seats too. In fact, he
    babies our cars so much that sometimes I think we should take a tax
    deduction on them.

    You're a bit lucky.

    DH treats every car we have as though it were a pick-up. An old one at
    that. Grrrh!
    That's why those 'rednecks' (years ago, but I still remember) who came up
    beside our beat-up pick-up (in their beat-up rusty old car) and banged on
    the sides of their car and started yelling, "Who let the dogs out." Not a
    pretty site. LOL.

    Dee Dee

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.