rec.bicycles.rides · Public discussion

Re: Le Poseur

Started by Ozark Bicycle · · Last activity · 43 posts · 1,544 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.bicycles.rides
Published
19 June 2007
Last activity
22 June 2007
Original author
Ozark Bicycle
Posts
43
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,544
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–43 of 43
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. RicodJour said:
    Zoot Katz said:


    Thanks for the link. I like seeing nice jersey designs.

    So what if you sucked me in. I'm not buying one anyway. Neither would
    have most of the complainers bought one so there's no harm done.
    Several regular posters tout their web sites without being derided as
    spammers.

    The regular posters are regular guys and behave in regular ways - for
    the most part! 😉 They don't resort to schizophrenic third person
    chicanery. It might seem like a fine difference to some, but it's
    not.

    The odd thing is the guy actually does have some nice stuff. For the
    life of me I can't figure out why he'd feel it was necessary to blow
    smoke up people's asses to sell it.

    Over the years I've met some number of salesmen who just do stupid [censored] like
    that. They'll have a perfectly legitimate, if humble company with decent
    products and some reasonable hope of expansion - then exaggerate to the point of
    discrediting what they've really got. Or this bogus testimonial / sock puppet
    thing - I don't get it. Why lie when the truth is available and perfectly
    suitable to your intentions.

    Oh well.

    Ron

  2. RonSonic said:
    RicodJour said:

    The odd thing is the guy actually does have some nice stuff. For the
    life of me I can't figure out why he'd feel it was necessary to blow
    smoke up people's asses to sell it.

    Over the years I've met some number of salesmen who just do stupid [censored] like
    that. They'll have a perfectly legitimate, if humble company with decent
    products and some reasonable hope of expansion - then exaggerate to the point of
    discrediting what they've really got. Or this bogus testimonial / sock puppet
    thing - I don't get it. Why lie when the truth is available and perfectly
    suitable to your intentions.

    Oh well.

    There's a current thread in the construction groups where a
    manufacturer makes a totally outrageous claim - that their plastic
    product that allows grass to be driven on (think honeycomb) can
    support 97,000 pounds per square foot, or 1.2 fully loaded semi-
    tractor trailers on every square foot. I find such claims insulting.

    R

  3. RicodJour who? said:
    RonSonic who? said:

    On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 12:33:06 -0700, RicodJour who? wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    The odd thing is the guy actually does have some nice stuff. For the
    life of me I can't figure out why he'd feel it was necessary to blow
    smoke up people's asses to sell it.

    Quoted message said:

    Over the years I've met some number of salesmen who just do stupid [censored] like
    that. They'll have a perfectly legitimate, if humble company with decent
    products and some reasonable hope of expansion - then exaggerate to the point of
    discrediting what they've really got. Or this bogus testimonial / sock puppet
    thing - I don't get it. Why lie when the truth is available and perfectly
    suitable to your intentions.

    Quoted message said:

    Oh well.

    There's a current thread in the construction groups where a
    manufacturer makes a totally outrageous claim - that their plastic
    product that allows grass to be driven on (think honeycomb) can
    support 97,000 pounds per square foot, or 1.2 fully loaded semi-
    tractor trailers on every square foot. I find such claims insulting.

    That is not an unreasonable value for intrusive igneous rock.

    --
    Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
    The weather is here, wish you were beautiful

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.