General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: in a few decades there will be no fish

Started by Sbharris[atsign]ix.netcom.com · · Last activity · 5 posts · 277 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
31 October 2005
Last activity
1 November 2005
Original author
Sbharris[atsign]ix.netcom.com
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
277
Views / 30 days
4

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. fresh~horses said:

    And: David Suzuki Foundation Oceans and Fishing publications to
    download

    http://www.davidsuzuki.org/Oceans/Publications.asp

    Wondering if anyone has links for tuna.

    You already posted on tuna from Eartheasy. Everybody agrees that
    Albacore is not in danger. There's argument over yellowfin and
    skipjack, and I'll have to say that many disagree with this site (there
    seems to be lots of them, on inventory).

    http://www.fao.org/documents/show_cdr.asp?url_file=/docrep/003/w4248e/w4248e33.htm

    But again, everybody agrees that the Japanese are pretty much wiping
    out the bluefin with unsustainable practices, and it will go the way of
    the rhino and tiger were headed, if somebody doesn't do something.

    SBH

  2. Sbharrisatsignix.netcom.com said:
    fresh~horses said:

    And: David Suzuki Foundation Oceans and Fishing publications to
    download

    http://www.davidsuzuki.org/Oceans/Publications.asp

    Wondering if anyone has links for tuna.

    You already posted on tuna from Eartheasy. Everybody agrees that
    Albacore is not in danger. There's argument over yellowfin and
    skipjack, and I'll have to say that many disagree with this site (there
    seems to be lots of them, on inventory).

    http://www.fao.org/documents/show_cdr.asp?url_file=/docrep/003/w4248e/w4248e33.htm

    But again, everybody agrees that the Japanese are pretty much wiping
    out the bluefin with unsustainable practices, and it will go the way of
    the rhino and tiger were headed, if somebody doesn't do something.

    SBH

    I want the dirt on how the various types are caught, where, what's
    caught with it (dolphins?) and what govt is doing what about that. I
    suspect Greenpeace but was hoping someone else had the links. I'm too
    busy to do this now.

  3. fresh~horses said:
    Sbharrisatsignix.netcom.com said:
    fresh~horses said:

    And: David Suzuki Foundation Oceans and Fishing publications to
    download

    http://www.davidsuzuki.org/Oceans/Publications.asp

    Wondering if anyone has links for tuna.

    You already posted on tuna from Eartheasy. Everybody agrees that
    Albacore is not in danger. There's argument over yellowfin and
    skipjack, and I'll have to say that many disagree with this site (there
    seems to be lots of them, on inventory).

    http://www.fao.org/documents/show_cdr.asp?url_file=/docrep/003/w4248e/w4248e33.htm

    But again, everybody agrees that the Japanese are pretty much wiping
    out the bluefin with unsustainable practices, and it will go the way of
    the rhino and tiger were headed, if somebody doesn't do something.

    SBH

    I want the dirt on how the various types are caught, where, what's
    caught with it (dolphins?) and what govt is doing what about that. I
    suspect Greenpeace but was hoping someone else had the links. I'm too
    busy to do this now.

  4. fresh~horses said:
    Sbharrisatsignix.netcom.com said:
    fresh~horses said:

    And: David Suzuki Foundation Oceans and Fishing publications to
    download

    http://www.davidsuzuki.org/Oceans/Publications.asp

    Wondering if anyone has links for tuna.

    You already posted on tuna from Eartheasy. Everybody agrees that
    Albacore is not in danger. There's argument over yellowfin and
    skipjack, and I'll have to say that many disagree with this site (there
    seems to be lots of them, on inventory).

    http://www.fao.org/documents/show_cdr.asp?url_file=/docrep/003/w4248e/w4248e33.htm

    But again, everybody agrees that the Japanese are pretty much wiping
    out the bluefin with unsustainable practices, and it will go the way of
    the rhino and tiger were headed, if somebody doesn't do something.

    SBH

    I want the dirt on how the various types are caught, where, what's
    caught with it (dolphins?) and what govt is doing what about that. I
    suspect Greenpeace but was hoping someone else had the links. I'm too
    busy to do this now.

  5. fresh~horses said:
    Sbharrisatsignix.netcom.com said:
    fresh~horses said:

    And: David Suzuki Foundation Oceans and Fishing publications to
    download

    http://www.davidsuzuki.org/Oceans/Publications.asp

    Wondering if anyone has links for tuna.

    You already posted on tuna from Eartheasy. Everybody agrees that
    Albacore is not in danger. There's argument over yellowfin and
    skipjack, and I'll have to say that many disagree with this site (there
    seems to be lots of them, on inventory).

    http://www.fao.org/documents/show_cdr.asp?url_file=/docrep/003/w4248e/w4248e33.htm

    But again, everybody agrees that the Japanese are pretty much wiping
    out the bluefin with unsustainable practices, and it will go the way of
    the rhino and tiger were headed, if somebody doesn't do something.

    SBH

    I want the dirt on how the various types are caught, where, what's
    caught with it (dolphins?) and what govt is doing what about that. I
    suspect Greenpeace but was hoping someone else had the links. I'm too
    busy to do this now.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.