UK and Europe · Public discussion

Re: I must have led a sheltered life

Started by Arthur Clune · · Last activity · 13 posts · 479 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
28 April 2005
Last activity
28 April 2005
Original author
Arthur Clune
Posts
13
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
479
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–13 of 13
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Keith Willoughby <[email hidden]> wrote:

    : The first three pages I get, at least, are all for the real bike
    : hod. I think I'd start suspecting a trojan redirecting your searches.

    What the man said. Your PC is infected.

    --
    Arthur Clune PGP/GPG Key: http://www.clune.org/pubkey.txt
    Don't get me wrong, perl is an OK operating system, but it lacks a
    lightweight scripting language -- Walter Dnes

  2. Response to Arthur Clune:

    Quoted message said:

    : The first three pages I get, at least, are all for the real bike
    : hod. I think I'd start suspecting a trojan redirecting your searches.

    What the man said. Your PC is infected.

    No it isn't. Google, for reasons best known to itself, seems to
    associate the word "hod" with pictures of nudie prod games, and puts up
    an ad for said pictures. Try it yourself: google for "hod".

    --
    Mark, UK

    "If you believe the doctors, nothing is wholesome;
    if you believe the theologians, nothing is innocent;
    if you believe the military, nothing is safe."

  3. Arthur Clune said:

    Keith Willoughby <[email hidden]> wrote:

    : The first three pages I get, at least, are all for the real bike
    : hod. I think I'd start suspecting a trojan redirecting your


    searches.

    Quoted message said:


    What the man said. Your PC is infected.

    Look at the sponsored links on the right rather than the direct search
    results. I get 2. One is cyclestore.co.uk the other is
    teentrigger.co.uk, labelled "Free Hardcore-sex".

    Maybe the connection between "hod" and "hardcore", as in builders'
    rubble?

    --
    Dave...

  4. Mark McNeill said:

    No it isn't. Google, for reasons best known to itself, seems to
    associate the word "hod" with pictures of nudie prod games, and puts up
    an ad for said pictures. Try it yourself: google for "hod".

    turn on safe search? Mine is set to 'moderate' and I only get one
    pron ad on a search for 'bike hod'

  5. dkahn400 <[email hidden]> wrote:

    : Look at the sponsored links on the right rather than the direct search
    : results. I get 2. One is cyclestore.co.uk the other is
    : teentrigger.co.uk, labelled "Free Hardcore-sex".

    Ah. My mistake. I didn't realise that it was the adverts that were being talked
    about. And yes, I get "Free hardcore-sex"

    Arthur

    --
    Arthur Clune PGP/GPG Key: http://www.clune.org/pubkey.txt
    Don't get me wrong, perl is an OK operating system, but it lacks a
    lightweight scripting language -- Walter Dnes

  6. dkahn400 said:

    Maybe the connection between "hod" and "hardcore", as in builders'
    rubble?

    Of course. Very perceptive of you.

    --
    Mark.
    http://tranchant.plus.com/

  7. On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 10:29:15 +0100, audrey <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    turn on safe search? Mine is set to 'moderate' and I only get one
    pron ad on a search for 'bike hod'

    "only?"

    Guy
    --
    May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at CHS, Puget Sound

  8. Arthur Clune said:

    : Look at the sponsored links on the right rather than the direct search
    : results. I get 2. One is cyclestore.co.uk the other is
    : teentrigger.co.uk, labelled "Free Hardcore-sex".

    Quoted message said:

    Ah. My mistake. I didn't realise that it was the adverts that were being talked
    about. And yes, I get "Free hardcore-sex


    ^^^^^^^^

    There you go, then: the connection explained. There's mortar this
    than appears at first site...

    Guy
    --
    May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at CHS, Puget Sound

  9. Just zis Guy said:

    On 28 Apr 2005 09:46:19 GMT, "Arthur Clune"

    Quoted message said:

    Ah. My mistake. I didn't realise that it was the adverts that were
    being talked about. And yes, I get "Free hardcore-sex


    ^^^^^^^^

    There you go, then: the connection explained. There's mortar this
    than appears at first site...

    And the Thought Police haven't (breeze) blocked it? Tsk!

    --
    Dave Larrington - <http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/>
    The System is well pleased with this Unit's performance, which falls
    within expected parameters.

  10. Just zis Guy said:
    Arthur Clune said:

    : Look at the sponsored links on the right rather than the direct search
    : results. I get 2. One is cyclestore.co.uk the other is
    : teentrigger.co.uk, labelled "Free Hardcore-sex".

    Quoted message said:

    Ah. My mistake. I didn't realise that it was the adverts that were being talked
    about. And yes, I get "Free hardcore-sex

    ^^^^^^^^

    There you go, then: the connection explained. There's mortar this
    than appears at first site...

    *beam*

    R.

  11. On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 17:28:10 +0100 someone who may be Holly in
    France <[email hidden]> wrote this:-

    Quoted message said:

    I might have to do a search for bike hod myself now, I don't know what one
    is!

    http://www.bikehod.com/

    I think I'll search for some of the promised unsuitable images.

    --
    David Hansen, Edinburgh | PGP email preferred-key number F566DA0E
    I will always explain revoked keys, unless the UK government
    prevents me by using the RIP Act 2000.

  12. audrey said:
    Mark McNeill said:

    No it isn't. Google, for reasons best known to itself, seems to
    associate the word "hod" with pictures of nudie prod games, and puts up
    an ad for said pictures. Try it yourself: google for "hod".

    turn on safe search? Mine is set to 'moderate' and I only get one
    pron ad on a search for 'bike hod'

    With moderate safe search on we got some very 'unsuitable' images the other
    day whilst looking for pictures of god, the devil and the apocalyse for my
    daughter's art project.

    I might have to do a search for bike hod myself now, I don't know what one
    is!

    --
    Holly, in France
    Holiday home in Dordogne
    http://la-plaine.chez.tiscali.fr

  13. David Hansen said:

    On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 17:28:10 +0100 someone who may be Holly in
    France <[email hidden]> wrote this:-

    Quoted message said:

    I might have to do a search for bike hod myself now, I don't know what one
    is!

    http://www.bikehod.com/

    thanks, I'll have a look, although if I don't know now I probably don't
    ever need to :-)

    Quoted message said:


    I think I'll search for some of the promised unsuitable images.

    LOL, I wouldn't bother, I don't think it's worth your while! Nothing
    shocking really, mostly tatooted genitalia, some close-ups, but it was an
    unpleasant (if interesting!) surprise for a 12 year old girl I think.
    Still, kids find out about such things eventually, and better I was there
    at the time. They popped up immediately when we searched in French, not
    sure we found them when we switched to searching in English. Lesson learned
    though, we will use the safest safe search another time.

    --
    Holly, in France
    Holiday home in Dordogne
    http://la-plaine.chez.tiscali.fr

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.