Road Cycling · Public discussion

Re: How do you find time for N miles a day?

Started by Scott · · Last activity · 1 post · 330 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
20 June 2005
Last activity
20 June 2005
Original author
Scott
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
330
Views / 30 days
4

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Quoted message said:

    I work 6 days a week with a commute that means I don't get home until 6pm.
    How do you all find time for these "N miles a day" rides? Get up super
    early? Go out as soon as you get home? And where do you typically go out
    to cycle? I'm into cycling on roads and other paved surfaces if that makes
    a difference.

    Yes, it is hard. I've spent the last 2 years wishing
    I was biking more, and accumulating a little extra girth
    because of it. I used to ride an extra long way either
    to or from work -- but then I started having to lug
    computer(s) to/from work, and that lost its appeal. (I'm
    also too cheap to buy panniers).

    At some point, you have to stop making excuses and simply
    do it. I'm at work at 6 ack emma -- so I have the time --
    but not everyone has a flexible work schedule.

    I think you should just put it in your schedule, say
    1 or 2 days a week, and then do it. How about a long
    lunch?

    As to where to bike, that depends on where you live.
    There's a nice 5-mile MUP at the end of my street,
    and that MUP connects to a 10-mile MUP, and I can
    combine the two for a nice ride. Otherwise I'd
    ride in the street, although I like to zone out
    while biking, sometimes, and that can be perilous
    in traffic, even here in the bucolic midwest 🙂

    scott

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.