Road Cycling · Public discussion

Re: Holy %$#@! Hincapie won a race!!!

Started by pedalchick · · Last activity · 14 posts · 733 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
2 April 2004
Last activity
11 April 2004
Original author
pedalchick
Posts
14
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
733
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–14 of 14
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Benjamin Weiner said:
    pedalchick said:
    A. Antonovitz said:

    I wholeheartedly celebrate George's well deserved victory, but
    please explain the "Pants" Armstrong description to me. Thanks,
    Tony A.


    Lance lance fancy pants has ants in his underpants.
    A friend of mine calls Lance PANTS. I thought it was funny and I think
    the whole world should start calling him that. It's appropriate,
    really. He wears the pants on the team, he is kinda fancy pants, and
    he's all normal like he puts on his pants one leg at a time just like
    you and me.
    Pants. Armstrong. Pants Armstrong.
    Works for me.


    http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2001/sep01/trackworlds/MGlance1.shtml-
    "]http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2001/sep01/trackworlds/MG
    lance1.shtml[/url]
    There's why.
    P.S. Sundquist, quit napping, you're supposed to be posting this.

    OMG. Oh. Dear. I never noticed that before. Pants! You dog.

    --

  2. pedalchick <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Benjamin Weiner said:
    pedalchick said:

    A. Antonovitz wrote:
    > I wholeheartedly celebrate George's well deserved victory, but
    > please explain the "Pants" Armstrong description to me. Thanks,
    > Tony A.
    Lance lance fancy pants has ants in his underpants.
    A friend of mine calls Lance PANTS. I thought it was funny and I think
    the whole world should start calling him that. It's appropriate,
    really. He wears the pants on the team, he is kinda fancy pants, and
    he's all normal like he puts on his pants one leg at a time just like
    you and me.
    Pants. Armstrong. Pants Armstrong.
    Works for me.


    http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2001/sep01/trackworlds/MGlance1.shtml-
    "]http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2001/sep01/trackworlds/MG
    lance1.shtml[/url]
    There's why.
    P.S. Sundquist, quit napping, you're supposed to be posting this.

    OMG. Oh. Dear. I never noticed that before. Pants! You dog.

    Is that a track world's program in your pants, LANCE, or are you just
    happy to see HEINIE?

    Responding to the origin of this thread - only r.b.r could get excited
    about GH winning a second-rate mid-week Belgain stage race without
    crossing a single finish line first, and translate that into winning
    arguably the best one-day race in the world. Held on a Sunday, it is.

    I declare: If GH wins Flanders on Sunday, I WILL NEVER POST ANOTHER
    WORD TO R.B.R.

    -RJ, not really taking any chances here.

    Quoted message said:

    --

  3. Ronaldo Jeremiah said:
    Quoted message said:

    I declare: If GH wins Flanders on Sunday, I WILL NEVER POST ANOTHER
    WORD TO R.B.R.

    noooo, don't say stuff like that, even if you think it's risk free.

    heather

  4. h squared said:


    Ronaldo Jeremiah said:

    I declare: If GH wins Flanders on Sunday, I WILL NEVER POST ANOTHER
    WORD TO R.B.R.

    noooo, don't say stuff like that, even if you think it's risk free.

    It's risk free.

    There's a big difference between hanging on the stages, and being
    the best of those who can on the ITT, and actually winning a 1-day
    race. Hincapie is certainly a top-notch rider for what he does,
    but what he does isn't end-game.

    Dan

  5. Dan Connelly said:

    There's a big difference between hanging on the stages, and being
    the best of those who can on the ITT, and actually winning a 1-day
    race.

    I think he can sure win the Ronde, but not this year as he has just sort
    of recovered from some illness (his own comment after the race).

  6. Ronaldo Jeremiah said:


    I declare: If GH wins Flanders on Sunday, I WILL NEVER POST ANOTHER
    WORD TO R.B.R.

    -RJ, not really taking any chances here.


    Of course you're not taking any chances, Flanders was won last weekend.

  7. Kyle Legate said:
    Ronaldo Jeremiah said:

    I declare: If GH wins Flanders on Sunday, I WILL NEVER POST ANOTHER
    WORD TO R.B.R.

    -RJ, not really taking any chances here.

    Of course you're not taking any chances, Flanders was won last weekend.


    and this was posted pre-Flanders, whassa matta you gottta slow news feed? 🙂

  8. Wesemann wins Tour of Flanders

    April 4, 2004
    MEERBEKE, Belgium (AP) -- Germany's Steffen Wesemann won a sprint to
    the finish Sunday to win the Tour of Flanders World Cup Classic.

    Belgium's Leif Hoste edged countryman Dave Bruylandts for second
    place.

    Wesemann finished the 160-mile race in 6 hours, 39 minutes.

    The top three finishers were well ahead of a pack that included most
    of the pre-race favorites who dropped back on the infamous cobblestone climb
    up the ``Wall of Geraardsbergan,'' 10 miles from the finish.

    Wesemann, of the T-Mobile team, moved into second place behind Spain's
    Oscar Freire in the World Cup standings after two events. Freire, winner of
    the Milan-San Remo last month, finished 23rd in Flanders and leads the
    standings with 103 points, three ahead of Wesemann.

    HUH

    "Kyle Legate" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Ronaldo Jeremiah said:


    I declare: If GH wins Flanders on Sunday, I WILL NEVER POST ANOTHER
    WORD TO R.B.R.

    -RJ, not really taking any chances here.


    Of course you're not taking any chances, Flanders was won last weekend.

  9. Faster Bordello said:
    Kyle Legate said:
    Ronaldo Jeremiah said:

    I declare: If GH wins Flanders on Sunday, I WILL NEVER POST ANOTHER
    WORD TO R.B.R.

    -RJ, not really taking any chances here.

    Of course you're not taking any chances, Flanders was won last
    weekend.


    and this was posted pre-Flanders, whassa matta you gottta slow news
    feed? 🙂


    I must indeed, my news server's taken to reposting some posts days after
    they were first sent. However, this is the first time it's restamped the
    date to something more current.

  10. Kyle Legate said:
    Faster Bordello said:
    Kyle Legate said:

    Ronaldo Jeremiah wrote:

    > I declare: If GH wins Flanders on Sunday, I WILL NEVER POST ANOTHER
    > WORD TO R.B.R.
    >
    > -RJ, not really taking any chances here.
    >

    Of course you're not taking any chances, Flanders was won last
    weekend.


    and this was posted pre-Flanders, whassa matta you gottta slow news
    feed? 🙂


    I must indeed, my news server's taken to reposting some posts days after
    they were first sent. However, this is the first time it's restamped the
    date to something more current.

    Happy Vimy Ridge day Kyle, also a nice day for a stroll up the Via Dolorosa. 🙂

    You should be able to see at least how much delay there was in putting your posts onto the UseNet/NewsGroups Kyle

    I know various News Clients allow the insertion of header data in excess of the bare minimum when you send a post and most if not all will allow the reading of whatever headers are included in the post you receive/read from the Usenet if you configure them correctly.

    I see you use Micro$oft's Outlook Express, a programme and indeed Operating System with which I'm not at all familiar, but experiment a little looking at the Date, X-Sent and X-Received-Date headers. Likewise check the Path and Reference headers which may also be of help.

    Also to get an idea of what, if any, headers are being zapped by ISPs and Relays along the path, try a BCC to yourself so you know exactly what was sent, and when if you need to compare.

    But the News net transport and feed system are neither infallible nor cast in stone either. Lots of ISP's/NewsServers are funky and often the same path is not used for OutBound news as is used for InBound news and calamities happen giving rise to such complaints as ''I never see my UseNet posts, but I know others do as I'm getting replies to them. What is wrong here?'' 🙂

    Significantly though, your NNTP-Posting-Host header is not showing, leading me to believe that the headers, as booted out the door by Outlook Express are being rewritten and a prime guess here would be that your ISP is the culprit as they attempt to conceal, for some ridiculous reason, your IP number. Check the headers on this message and you should see somewhere that I am 24.101.200.190 and/or cpe000423176ea9-cm0f2069983361.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com as resolving either will produce the other with the right net utility (ask if you need one, I have some that my kids are using).

    Forget the Davey_Crockett address, that is spoofed since I run my own mail system, and although Davey Crockett <[email hidden]> is in fact a valid address as required by the Internet Gods, I never actually access it and the spam builds up on my lamebrained Rogers' ISP POP MailSpool, at least until the mailbox is full at which time I could care less what they do with SPAM.

    Below I quote what headers I can see from your message and these were generated using a Gnus Mail/News client running under Emacs on a Linux box.

    [QUOTE]
    X-Abuse-Report: [email hidden]
    Message-ID: <[email hidden]>
    Path: twister01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com!cyclone01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com!newsfeeds-atl1!newsfeeds-atl2!news.usenet\server.com!elnk-atl-nf1!elnk-nf2-pas!newsfeed.earthlink.net!wn51feed!worldnet.att.net!208.49.253.98!newsfeed.news2me.com!newsfe\ed3.easynews.com!newsfeed1.easynews.com!easynews.com!easynews!newsfeed-east.nntpserver.com!nntpserver.com!news.teranews.com!not\-for-mail
    Date: Fri Apr 9 07:01:44 2004 -0400
    X-Sent: 4 hours, 3 minutes, 14 seconds ago
    Lines: 23
    From: "Kyle Legate" <[email hidden]>
    Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.racing
    References: <[email hidden]> <406d41f5$1@darkstar> <[email hidden]> <3f4\[email hidden]> <[email hidden]> <[email hidden]\mission.com>
    Subject: Re: Holy %$#@! Hincapie won a race!!!
    X-Priority: 3
    X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
    X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
    X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
    Xref: cyclone01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com rec.bicycles.racing:106668
    X-Received-Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 07:09:33 EDT (twister01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com)
    [ENDQUOTE]

    --
    le Vent a Dos
    Davey Crockett
    Six-Day site: http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html

  11. Davey Crockett said:


    But the News net transport and feed system are neither infallible nor
    cast in stone either. Lots of ISP's/NewsServers are funky and often
    the same path is not used for OutBound news as is used for InBound
    news and calamities happen giving rise to such complaints as ''I
    never see my UseNet posts, but I know others do as I'm getting
    replies to them. What is wrong here?'' 🙂


    I always see my own posts, and they usually show up in my box within 20
    minutes or less. The problem is that I don't receive an unknown number of
    posts (judging from replies to original messages I have never seen) and
    sometimes posts show up again stamped with the original date they were sent
    (for example, todays posts are a mixure of the 9th and 10th of april, but I
    can also see some posts dated the 3rd or 4th that I have already read, but
    have been resent). The post I replied to earlier was sent on the 2nd or 3rd
    of april according to Google, before Flanders, but my newsreader had it
    dated the 8th--this has never happened before, and this was the reason I
    replied.

    I'm gathering my news from free.teranews.com, and I suppose I'm getting what
    I paid for.

  12. Kyle Legate said:


    I'm gathering my news from free.teranews.com, and I suppose I'm getting
    what I paid for.

    http://news.individual.net

  13. Kyle Legate said:
    Davey Crockett said:


    But the News net transport and feed system are neither infallible nor
    cast in stone either. Lots of ISP's/NewsServers are funky and often
    the same path is not used for OutBound news as is used for InBound
    news and calamities happen giving rise to such complaints as ''I
    never see my UseNet posts, but I know others do as I'm getting
    replies to them. What is wrong here?'' 🙂


    I always see my own posts, and they usually show up in my box within 20
    minutes or less. The problem is that I don't receive an unknown number of
    posts (judging from replies to original messages I have never seen) and
    sometimes posts show up again stamped with the original date they were sent
    (for example, todays posts are a mixure of the 9th and 10th of april, but I
    can also see some posts dated the 3rd or 4th that I have already read, but
    have been resent). The post I replied to earlier was sent on the 2nd or 3rd
    of april according to Google, before Flanders, but my newsreader had it
    dated the 8th--this has never happened before, and this was the reason I
    replied.

    I'm gathering my news from free.teranews.com, and I suppose I'm getting what
    I paid for.

    Try FUB (Frei Universitat Berlin) They maybe have an English language option, but even if not it is quite easy to determine what few items they want in the German Language captioned input fields.

    --
    le Vent a Dos
    Davey Crockett
    Six-Day site: http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html

  14. Danke schön, Davey and Robert.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.