Well, next year I'll be going to Jr. High. Just like bunch of you guys,
I am DYING for somebody to ride with, so I thought maybe I could set up
a little club at my new school. So my dad is all active with this
"Developmental Assets" thing in schools and during on of the meetings
where the principal of the Jr. High was there, my daddio mentioned that
idea. Believe it or not she loved it and hoped that we could actually
set that up next year! So, my first question is what kind of unicycles
we could buy for the kids aged 12 to 15?
Now for the second part....I'm doing a one hour long unicycling
presentation at my current elementary school later in May. I'm going to
take all my unicycles, do all my tricks, tell about how unicycling came
about, how long it takes to learn, etc. and then I'm going to take them
to the gym and let the kids try the unicycles out to get a feel for how
hard they are. Second question....what kind of things should I talk
about and demonstrate?
Finally, this Friday I'm going to perform in a little "Talent
Contest" thing our head custodian set up (he is UBER-cool) where one kid
showcases a talent every Friday and are either voted to stay in or get
kicked off by the kids in the lunch room. I don't have any worries
about getting kicked off because last Friday all a kid did were a few
simple yoyo tricks and he was kept in. Anyway, that should be fun, and
it might spark some interest in unicycling around the school so when
those 6th graders go to my Jr. High next year they will support the
unicycle team idea. Final question....how should I carry this little
talent performance out? Like how should I do it, what tricks, etc?
--
tylercox - I'm gooder than you!
~*~*~*Fueled by BAWLS!*~*~*~
A call to Albertsons: "Miss, do you have Bawls?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------
tylercox's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39706