General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: geo microformat - possible extension for waypoint lists

Started by Neil Pugh · · Last activity · 47 posts · 313 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
27 March 2007
Last activity
31 March 2007
Original author
Neil Pugh
Posts
47
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
313
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–47 of 47
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. The message <[email hidden]>
    from dino <[email hidden]> contains these words:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I like a good argument :-)

    Quoted message said:

    You know Roger I don't and I really don't have time to argue with you.
    It's also obvious that you've your mind fully made up about geocaching
    and also that you're prepared to pick pieces of what I've said and
    ignore the remainder in order to prove your point.

    You must take full credit for persuading me that geo caching is a
    pointless pursuit. You really are the architect of your own misfortune.

    Quoted message said:

    I will make a few points though:

    Quoted message said:

    Geocaching isn't all about hillwalking so terrain isn't necessarily
    crucially important.

    For some but not all caches. Do you avoid those that require map reading
    skills to get to easily?

    Quoted message said:

    Urban envirmonments can be a lot more interesting than you give them
    credit for.

    I haven't said anything about whether they are interesting or not. I
    just don't like being in an urban environment.

    Quoted message said:

    The one example you quoted probably wasn't a geocache from your brief
    descripton of it. Even if it was I never said that all geocaches are
    good just like not every hill/mountain is good.

    Maybe not. Perhaps it was just a letterbox.

    Quoted message said:

    Almost half of my geocache finds were done without a mapping GPSr. The
    only reason I used a map was to get a vague idea where the cache was to
    determine how I drove to the start.

    So you need a map when on the road but not when off, how odd.

    Quoted message said:

    The reason we're talking about maps at all is that you suggested that
    paper maps are essential for geocaching and therefore Lat & Long was a
    stupid standard to use as they aren't particularly useful on OS maps in
    the UK.

    And indeed they are not.

    Quoted message said:

    Different people like different things and just because you don't like
    or value a hobby doesn't mean it's worthless. For example I have
    absolutely no interest in photography but many on this group are
    passionate about it. My lack of interest doesn't demean their passion.

    Quoted message said:

    Anyway a geocache discussion here is now verging on OT so I don't see
    any point on prolonging our discussion.

    FWIW it always has been OT, just like photography and most of the other
    topics we raise when we haven't any walking to talk about. :-)

    --
    Roger Chapman
    Nearest Marilyn still to be visited - Great Orme.
    89 miles as the crow flies,
    considerably more as the walker drives.

  2. Roger said:

    You must take full credit for persuading me that geo caching is a
    pointless pursuit. You really are the architect of your own misfortune.

    You hear what you want to hear Roger which is why I'm not arguing with
    you. I'll just enjoy myself as much as I can in the ways that I derive
    pleasure from. You can do the same and never the twain shall meet.

  3. The message <[email hidden]>
    from dino <[email hidden]> contains these words:

    Quoted message said:

    Roger wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    You must take full credit for persuading me that geo caching is a
    pointless pursuit. You really are the architect of your own misfortune.

    Quoted message said:

    You hear what you want to hear Roger which is why I'm not arguing with
    you. I'll just enjoy myself as much as I can in the ways that I derive
    pleasure from. You can do the same and never the twain shall meet.

    You haven't been shouting loud enough so I haven't heard even a whisper
    here in Yorkshire. I see what you write and am not impressed by it. You
    might not like a good argument but you can't resist trying to have the
    the last word. :-)

    --
    Roger Chapman
    Nearest Marilyn still to be visited - Great Orme.
    89 miles as the crow flies,
    considerably more as the walker drives.

  4. Roger said:

    you can't resist trying to have the
    the last word. :-)

    Pot meet kettel 😉

  5. dino said:
    Roger said:

    you can't resist trying to have the
    the last word. :-)

    Pot meet kettel 😉

    Or kettle even!

  6. The message <[email hidden]>
    from dino <[email hidden]> contains these words:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    you can't resist trying to have the
    the last word. :-)

    Pot meet kettel 😉

    Quoted message said:

    Or kettle even!

    As I was saying.

    --
    Roger Chapman
    Nearest Marilyn still to be visited - Great Orme.
    89 miles as the crow flies,
    considerably more as the walker drives.

  7. Roger said:

    The message <[email hidden]>
    from dino <[email hidden]> contains these words:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > you can't resist trying to have the
    > the last word. :-)
    >
    Pot meet kettel 😉

    Quoted message said:

    Or kettle even!

    As I was saying.


    I wonder how long we can keep this going 😄

    (only joking cos this is my last thing to say on this thread)

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.