General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: doing research on your doctor

Started by DEBBEE1023 · · Last activity · 13 posts · 330 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
1 April 2004
Last activity
17 April 2004
Original author
DEBBEE1023
Posts
13
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
330
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–13 of 13
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. << > Interestingly, when I was on disability, it was due to low platelets (400,

    Quoted message said:

    that's four hundred, under 1000), >>

    <<
    Normal platelet counts are 150-400 x 10 9 per liter. You are saying
    your platelet count was normal ("400"😉. If that is the case, it would
    probably NOT be a good enough reason to be granted disability. >>

    Platelets are measured normal from being 140K to 400K. Mine was 400, (under a
    thousand).....which is not a normal platelet count, which I explained in the
    first part of my post, and is considered "dangerous", and therefore, the bunk
    that you posted as truth, is indeed misrepresenting the "facts". For someone
    that is a nurse, you sure don't have a clue, do you?

    My platelet count has been back to normal 140K plus....which when it returned,
    I went back to work...actually when it hit 90K I went back to work.

    << Not even close, DEBBEE -- it isn't a "violation" of *anything*. Mark
    isn't your physician. Therefore, there are no "patient's rights"
    involved. >>

    Anyone's health problem is no one's business but their own. In fact, in many
    of the hospitals and clinics around the country are signs that are posted that
    request that health care professionals refrain from discussing the health of
    any patient.

    "If you're gonna walk on thin ice, you may as well dance." (Jessie Winchester).

  2. On 01 Apr 2004 03:51:20 GMT, [email hidden] (DEBBEE1023)

    Quoted message said:

    << > Interestingly, when I was on disability, it was due to low platelets (400,

    Quoted message said:

    that's four hundred, under 1000), >>

    <<
    Normal platelet counts are 150-400 x 10 9 per liter. You are saying
    your platelet count was normal ("400"😉. If that is the case, it would
    probably NOT be a good enough reason to be granted disability. >>

    Platelets are measured normal from being 140K to 400K. Mine was 400, (under a
    thousand).....which is not a normal platelet count, which I explained in the
    first part of my post, and is considered "dangerous", and therefore, the bunk
    that you posted as truth, is indeed misrepresenting the "facts". For someone
    that is a nurse, you sure don't have a clue, do you?

    It is you who is clueless as well as being a liar. AFAIK there has
    NEVER been a person alive who had a platelet count of 400/LITER!!!!.
    You are such a pathologic liar.

    I would encourage anyone who believes this liar to do their own
    research on platelet counts and see what I mean. This is the same
    person who claimed she set off metal detectors at airport due to all
    the metals floating in her bloodstream. Lord have mercy.

    So tell us Debbee, how did they treat your low platelet count. How did
    you get it to rise??

    Aloha,

    Rich
    -------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------

    The best defense to logic is ignorance

  3. << You are such a pathologic liar. >>

    Sorry, pal, but you are very very wrong. I was hospitalized, and getting
    transfusions....I know exactly what my platelet count was because I was getting
    my blood drawn every day. (and I have hard to find veins). The transfusions
    didn't work well, because I was sensitive to the latex tubing, and until a
    doctor I had given some information to did some actual research at Kaiser, and
    found out what I was stating was true, (and he got an award for it), no one
    believed that I could actually taste and smell the tubing. One remedy was to
    take the package of tubing out of the bag in the hallway (not near me), and
    then give me the transfusion.

    << I would encourage anyone who believes this liar to do their own
    research on platelet counts and see what I mean. This is the same
    person who claimed she set off metal detectors at airport due to all
    the metals floating in her bloodstream. Lord have mercy.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    God, forgive Rich, as he knows *nothing* about what he is talking about and
    should just shut up when he doesn't know something, instead of making it up....

    << So tell us Debbee, how did they treat your low platelet count. How did
    you get it to rise?? >>

    Not with prednisone.....and by the way, Rich, I used "alternative
    medicine".....something you and your buddies cannot fathom... And it was
    discovered that chemicals (double blind testing) reduced my platelet
    count.....and before you go off on a tangent that this isn't true, there have
    been many studies about this, and unfortunately, the Medical journals that
    "conventional" medicine has available amazingly do not have that
    information......isn't that a pity?

    "If you're gonna walk on thin ice, you may as well dance." (Jessie Winchester).

  4. [email hidden] (DEBBEE1023) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    << > Interestingly, when I was on disability, it was due to low platelets (400,

    Quoted message said:

    that's four hundred, under 1000), >>

    <<
    Normal platelet counts are 150-400 x 10 9 per liter. You are saying
    your platelet count was normal ("400"😉. If that is the case, it would
    probably NOT be a good enough reason to be granted disability. >>

    Platelets are measured normal from being 140K to 400K. Mine was 400, (under a
    thousand).....which is not a normal platelet count, which I explained in the
    first part of my post, and is considered "dangerous", and therefore, the bunk
    that you posted as truth, is indeed misrepresenting the "facts". For someone
    that is a nurse, you sure don't have a clue, do you?

    Obviously it would be YOU who is without a clue DEBBEE, as evidenced
    by your ignorance of the following:

    "PLT (Platelet Count)
    Platelets are involved in blood clotting and bleeding. Normal range
    varies between laboratories but is usually 150,000 - 400,000/ cmm.
    This result may also be expressed as simple numbers, 150-400. An
    increase in platelet count is can be seen with malignancy, blood
    diseases, or rheumatoid arthritis. Low counts may be seen in blood
    diseases, infections, and as the result of certain medications."

    [The above information comes from the Yale University School of
    Medicine. Lab reports commonly refer to platelet counts using simple
    numbers.]

    So you are saying that your platelet count was 400, not 400 x 10 9 per
    liter??? NAAAAAH. According to multiple sources of information,
    platelet levels <50,000 commonly result in spontaneous hemorrhaging of
    the mucus membranes as well as intracranial & GI bleeding. Such
    levels of platelets (commonly 20,000 - 80,000) were found in people
    suffering from dengue fever -- who were bleeding everywhere, often
    profusely. A level of *400* would be incomaptible with life, DEBBEE.
    If it were true, you wouldn't have received disabilty benefits, your
    family would've collected death benefits.

    Had you claimed your platelet level was 40,000 (definitely considered
    cause for great concern), your story would've been a possibility.
    Your insistence that it was *400* says you did a haphazard research
    job when creating this tale. Not surprising......

    Quoted message said:

    My platelet count has been back to normal 140K plus....which when it returned,
    I went back to work...actually when it hit 90K I went back to work.

    Quoted message said:

    << Not even close, DEBBEE -- it isn't a "violation" of *anything*. Mark
    isn't your physician. Therefore, there are no "patient's rights"
    involved. >>

    Anyone's health problem is no one's business but their own.

    You've repeatedly posted your stories here & elsewhere on the internet
    for cryin' out loud, you twit! You've brought your business into a
    public arena -- anybody can discuss it. If you don't like that
    reality, keep it private. You didn't. Tough.

    Quoted message said:

    In fact, in many
    of the hospitals and clinics around the country are signs that are posted that
    request that health care professionals refrain from discussing the health of
    any patient.

    Once again, Mark is not your MD. You are not his patient. He is free
    to comment on anything you post here. You seem to be unable to
    understand that health care professionals can discuss any damn thing
    they want about people who aren't their patients. Doctors, nurses,
    lab techs, X-ray technicians -- are free to discuss their opinions
    about you, me, & anyone else here that they don't provide professional
    services to. I'm not prohibited by any law or any standard of ethics
    from posting my opinions about you & any of the posts you make. Mark
    isn't either -- ditto for any health care professional who hasn't
    provided services for you as a patient. Unless you are terminally
    stupid, you should be able to understand this.......

  5. Michele,

    Obviously, you take me for someone who cares what you think.....I'm looking at
    the medical reports right there, and the lab tests....and obviously you aren't.
    You can spew all you want...in fact, you remind me a lot of a geyser in
    Yellowstone...Old Faithful.....a lot of hot air, and steamy when you get called
    on the table for obviously something you really don't know a thing about...my
    medical reports.

    Like I said before, I could care less if you wake up in the morning, and I
    could care less about what you write about...I just envision "Old Faithful",
    and how sad your life must really be....putting people down to make yourself
    feel important. Whoopee, Michele!!

    "If you're gonna walk on thin ice, you may as well dance." (Jessie Winchester).

  6. "DEBBEE1023" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    << You are such a pathologic liar. >>

    Sorry, pal, but you are very very wrong. I was hospitalized, and getting
    transfusions....I know exactly what my platelet count was because I was


    getting

    Quoted message said:

    my blood drawn every day. (and I have hard to find veins).

    Just like your hard to find journalistic skills.

  7. Nice job of showing how Debbee lied. Of course, Jan "Double Standard" Drew
    will remain silent on this.

    "Michele" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (DEBBEE1023) wrote in message


    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    << > Interestingly, when I was on disability, it was due to low


    platelets (400,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    that's four hundred, under 1000), >>

    <<
    Normal platelet counts are 150-400 x 10 9 per liter. You are saying
    your platelet count was normal ("400"😉. If that is the case, it would
    probably NOT be a good enough reason to be granted disability. >>

    Platelets are measured normal from being 140K to 400K. Mine was 400,


    (under a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    thousand).....which is not a normal platelet count, which I explained in


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    first part of my post, and is considered "dangerous", and therefore, the


    bunk

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    that you posted as truth, is indeed misrepresenting the "facts". For


    someone

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    that is a nurse, you sure don't have a clue, do you?

    Obviously it would be YOU who is without a clue DEBBEE, as evidenced
    by your ignorance of the following:

    "PLT (Platelet Count)
    Platelets are involved in blood clotting and bleeding. Normal range
    varies between laboratories but is usually 150,000 - 400,000/ cmm.
    This result may also be expressed as simple numbers, 150-400. An
    increase in platelet count is can be seen with malignancy, blood
    diseases, or rheumatoid arthritis. Low counts may be seen in blood
    diseases, infections, and as the result of certain medications."

    [The above information comes from the Yale University School of
    Medicine. Lab reports commonly refer to platelet counts using simple
    numbers.]

    So you are saying that your platelet count was 400, not 400 x 10 9 per
    liter??? NAAAAAH. According to multiple sources of information,
    platelet levels <50,000 commonly result in spontaneous hemorrhaging of
    the mucus membranes as well as intracranial & GI bleeding. Such
    levels of platelets (commonly 20,000 - 80,000) were found in people
    suffering from dengue fever -- who were bleeding everywhere, often
    profusely. A level of *400* would be incomaptible with life, DEBBEE.
    If it were true, you wouldn't have received disabilty benefits, your
    family would've collected death benefits.

    Had you claimed your platelet level was 40,000 (definitely considered
    cause for great concern), your story would've been a possibility.
    Your insistence that it was *400* says you did a haphazard research
    job when creating this tale. Not surprising......

    Quoted message said:

    My platelet count has been back to normal 140K plus....which when it


    returned,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I went back to work...actually when it hit 90K I went back to work.

    Quoted message said:

    << Not even close, DEBBEE -- it isn't a "violation" of *anything*. Mark
    isn't your physician. Therefore, there are no "patient's rights"
    involved. >>

    Anyone's health problem is no one's business but their own.

    You've repeatedly posted your stories here & elsewhere on the internet
    for cryin' out loud, you twit! You've brought your business into a
    public arena -- anybody can discuss it. If you don't like that
    reality, keep it private. You didn't. Tough.

    Quoted message said:

    In fact, in many
    of the hospitals and clinics around the country are signs that are


    posted that

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    request that health care professionals refrain from discussing the


    health of

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    any patient.

    Once again, Mark is not your MD. You are not his patient. He is free
    to comment on anything you post here. You seem to be unable to
    understand that health care professionals can discuss any damn thing
    they want about people who aren't their patients. Doctors, nurses,
    lab techs, X-ray technicians -- are free to discuss their opinions
    about you, me, & anyone else here that they don't provide professional
    services to. I'm not prohibited by any law or any standard of ethics
    from posting my opinions about you & any of the posts you make. Mark
    isn't either -- ditto for any health care professional who hasn't
    provided services for you as a patient. Unless you are terminally
    stupid, you should be able to understand this.......

  8. "DEBBEE1023" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Michele,

    Obviously, you take me for someone who cares what you think.....I'm


    looking at

    Quoted message said:

    the medical reports right there, and the lab tests....and obviously you


    aren't.

    Quoted message said:

    You can spew all you want...in fact, you remind me a lot of a geyser in
    Yellowstone...Old Faithful.....a lot of hot air, and steamy when you get


    called

    Quoted message said:

    on the table for obviously something you really don't know a thing


    about...my

    Quoted message said:

    medical reports.

    Boy-oh-boy...a lot of steam for being caught in a lie. Michele nailed you
    good ths time.

    Yuck, yuck, yuck!

    Quoted message said:

    Like I said before, I could care less if you wake up in the morning, and I
    could care less about what you write about...I just envision "Old


    Faithful",

    Quoted message said:

    and how sad your life must really be....putting people down to make


    yourself

    Quoted message said:

    feel important. Whoopee, Michele!!

    Jan "Double Standard" Drew says it is always wrong to belittle and will ill
    on others.

  9. [email hidden] (DEBBEE1023) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    << > Interestingly, when I was on disability, it was due to low platelets (400,

    Quoted message said:

    that's four hundred, under 1000), >>

    <<
    Normal platelet counts are 150-400 x 10 9 per liter. You are saying
    your platelet count was normal ("400"😉. If that is the case, it would
    probably NOT be a good enough reason to be granted disability. >>

    Platelets are measured normal from being 140K to 400K. Mine was 400, (under a
    thousand).....which is not a normal platelet count, which I explained in the
    first part of my post, and is considered "dangerous", and therefore, the bunk
    that you posted as truth, is indeed misrepresenting the "facts". For someone
    that is a nurse, you sure don't have a clue, do you?

    That would be YOU without a clue, DEBBEE. You are obviously ignorant
    of the following:

    "PLT (Platelet Count)
    Platelets are involved in blood clotting and bleeding. Normal range
    varies between laboratories but is usually 150,000 - 400,000/ cmm.
    This result may also be expressed as simple numbers, 150-400. An
    increase in platelet count is can be seen with malignancy, blood
    diseases, or rheumatoid arthritis. Low counts may be seen in blood
    diseases, infections, and as the result of certain medications."

    [The above information is from Yale University Medical School. Lab
    reports commonly express platelet counts in simple numbers.]

    Your claim of having a platelet count of "400" is incompatible with
    life. Patients with counts of 10,000 to 80,000 commonly have
    intracranial & GI bleeding. Those suffering with extremely low counts
    (<10,000) are often surgical cases (splenectomies). Acute illnesses
    such as Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever present with higher counts than you
    say you had! You'd do better if you researched your stories a bit
    better.

    Quoted message said:


    My platelet count has been back to normal 140K plus....which when it returned,
    I went back to work...actually when it hit 90K I went back to work.

    << Not even close, DEBBEE -- it isn't a "violation" of *anything*. Mark
    isn't your physician. Therefore, there are no "patient's rights"
    involved. >>

    Anyone's health problem is no one's business but their own.

    You presented information about your health problems in a public
    forum. There is no legal or ethical prohibition WRT anybody
    discussing what YOU have made public. If you don't want your business
    discussed, keep it private.

    Quoted message said:

    In fact, in many
    of the hospitals and clinics around the country are signs that are posted that
    request that health care professionals refrain from discussing the health of
    any patient.

    Once again, as you are plainly impaired when it comes to comprehending
    the written word:

    Mark isn't your doctor. You aren't his patient. Patient
    confidentiality only applies to patients the health care professional
    serves. I can discuss any patient that I have no connection with as a
    nurse. I can also discuss patients with whom I've dealt as a nurse,
    provided I do not reveal information that would identify the specific
    person (primarily info like their name, address, etc.). [Since MOST
    people are patients at one time or another, your misguided "fact"
    would mean that health care professionals couldn't discuss anyone's
    health. Another false claim of yours.]

    You need to research hematologic values & what patient confidentiality
    actually means before making up the B.S. you post, DEBBEE. Not much
    of a researcher or journalist, are ya? <G>

  10. [email hidden] (DEBBEE1023) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Michele,

    Obviously, you take me for someone who cares what you think.....I'm looking at
    the medical reports right there, and the lab tests....and obviously you aren't.

    The lab test results of "400" are plainly the expression in simple
    numbers, exactly as I cited, you twit.

    Quoted message said:

    You can spew all you want...in fact, you remind me a lot of a geyser in
    Yellowstone...Old Faithful.....a lot of hot air, and steamy when you get called
    on the table for obviously something you really don't know a thing about...my
    medical reports.

    Blah, blah, blah -- your inability to respond to the information I
    cited is noted as an admission that you are (once again) lying,
    DEBBEE. An actual platelet count of 400 would certainly not allow you
    to simply stay at home, sitting on your ignorant, lazy ass. It's
    incompatible with life, moron. Thank goodness your lies are obvious
    enough that they can easily be shown for what they are -- [censored].

    Quoted message said:


    Like I said before, I could care less if you wake up in the morning, and I
    could care less about what you write about...I just envision "Old Faithful",
    and how sad your life must really be....putting people down to make yourself
    feel important. Whoopee, Michele!!

    If telling the truth puts YOU down, DEBBEE, well that's a shame.
    Telling the truth shouldn't be a problem for an honest person. Oh,
    wait -- you're NOT an honest person. Gee, I guess that the truth
    would put YOU down. Tought [censored].

    Come up with better lies, hon. You're not very good at this & it
    shows.

  11. [email hidden] (DEBBEE1023) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Gee, I must've missed this one:

    Quoted message said:

    << You are such a pathologic liar. >>

    Sorry, pal, but you are very very wrong. I was hospitalized, and getting
    transfusions....I know exactly what my platelet count was because I was getting
    my blood drawn every day. (and I have hard to find veins). The transfusions
    didn't work well, because I was sensitive to the latex tubing, and until a
    doctor I had given some information to did some actual research at Kaiser, and
    found out what I was stating was true, (and he got an award for it), no one
    believed that I could actually taste and smell the tubing. One remedy was to
    take the package of tubing out of the bag in the hallway (not near me), and
    then give me the transfusion.

    Latex tubing for blood transfusions? Oooohkaaaayyy..... And opening
    the package elsewhere would make any difference to a patient with
    latex sensitivity how??

    Quoted message said:

    << I would encourage anyone who believes this liar to do their own
    research on platelet counts and see what I mean. This is the same
    person who claimed she set off metal detectors at airport due to all
    the metals floating in her bloodstream. Lord have mercy.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    God, forgive Rich, as he knows *nothing* about what he is talking about and
    should just shut up when he doesn't know something, instead of making it up....

    Claiming a platelet count of literally 400 would be a case of making
    things up.

    Quoted message said:

    << So tell us Debbee, how did they treat your low platelet count. How did
    you get it to rise?? >>

    Not with prednisone.....and by the way, Rich, I used "alternative
    medicine".....something you and your buddies cannot fathom... And it was
    discovered that chemicals (double blind testing) reduced my platelet
    count.....and before you go off on a tangent that this isn't true, there have
    been many studies about this, and unfortunately, the Medical journals that
    "conventional" medicine has available amazingly do not have that
    information......isn't that a pity?

    Not surprisingly, another inaccuracy. Low platelet counts can be
    caused by a myriad of things, including certain chemicals -- &
    conventional MD's are well aware of this. Calling blood transfusions
    "alternative" would be another inaccuracy. Of course these claims
    pale in comparison to insisting one's platelet count was actually 400.


  12. Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (DEBBEE1023) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
    (and I have hard to find veins).

    Maybe if you lost some weight they would able to find your veins more
    easily. YOur veins are likely hidden behind all that fat.

    Aloha,

    Rich
    -------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------

    The best defense to logic is ignorance

  13. Who really cares what any of you think....this ng is such a joke anyways....and
    most of the sock puppets in here are really beyond pathetic....

    "If you're gonna walk on thin ice, you may as well dance." (Jessie Winchester).

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.