Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Re: Crankset for fixie/SS

Started by dej · · Last activity · 1 post · 499 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
24 April 2007
Last activity
24 April 2007
Original author
dej
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
499
Views / 30 days
2

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Donga said:

    Can anyone recommend on cranksets for a fixie/SS project, please?

    I've picked up a road frameset with vertical drop-outs. I have a few
    of the bits and pieces I need, and just snagged a set of wheels on
    eBay with ENO hubs, so I'm nearly there. The wheelset included a 16
    cog. I have an old 170 Stronglight crankset (obsolete 86 mm BCD), but
    it has 40 and 50 rings and these don't yield optimal gear
    combinations.

    I have two BBs in my box - a square taper for the Stronglights and an
    Ultegra 6500 splined - so perhaps a crankset that mates with one of
    these?

    Thanks muchly.

    Donga

    I used 'bulletproof' brand ones on mine..
    got them from a USA seller on ebay
    Check these ones out from the same seller
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FMF-BMX-CRANKS-square-165-170-175-MM-odyssey-track-NEW_W0QQitemZ320106607644QQihZ011QQcategoryZ48843QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

    come in various lengths and pretty cheap (they have a 110bcd) so easy
    to get chainrings

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.