Road Cycling · Public discussion

Re: Another Fogel Lie from the Archives

Started by Ozark Bicycle · · Last activity · 41 posts · 1,039 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
5 February 2008
Last activity
10 February 2008
Original author
Ozark Bicycle
Posts
41
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,039
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 41
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. On Feb 4, 10:16 pm, Tom Sherman <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Ryan Cousineau said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
     Tom Sherman <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Ryan Cousineau wrote:
    > In article <[email hidden]>,
    >  Tom Sherman <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Tom, have you really been holding onto a grudge against Carl for this
    > pretty minor affront since 2004?!?!

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I had hardly thought of it until the recent flare up. However, I
    apparently have exceptional memory retention for events.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > I almost admire your single-mindedness, though I gravely doubt your
    > sense of proportion.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Have you noticed that Mr. Fogel has pretended I do not exist since that
    episode? What is your comment on that?

    Quoted message said:

    Killfiles work.

    Quoted message said:

    The longer version is that there's no such thing as a right to be paid
    attention to. If anyone cares to ignore my posts, I don't hold it
    against them. Ignoring people on Usenet does not reflect badly on the
    ignorer, who may have any number of reasons.

    Quoted message said:

    Thinking that being ignored is a big deal reflects badly only on the
    person doing it....

    So why do I get held to a different standard than Mr. Fogel? Why is my
    remembering that he falsely accused me of lying different than Mr. Fogel
    still having me in a kill-file over three (3) years later?

    IMO, you might be "held to a different standard" because people
    already *know* what a sleazy, weasel-like wacko Carl Fogel is.

    Some tolerate Fogel because they "enjoy" his Google scrounging
    "finds", the same way a family tolerates a vicious dog because it
    "protects" the homestead.

  2. Ozark Bicycle said:

    On Feb 4, 10:16 pm, Tom Sherman <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Ryan Cousineau said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
     Tom Sherman <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Ryan Cousineau wrote:
    >> In article <[email hidden]>,
    >>  Tom Sherman <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> Tom, have you really been holding onto a grudge against Carl for this
    >> pretty minor affront since 2004?!?!

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > I had hardly thought of it until the recent flare up. However, I
    > apparently have exceptional memory retention for events.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> I almost admire your single-mindedness, though I gravely doubt your
    >> sense of proportion.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Have you noticed that Mr. Fogel has pretended I do not exist since that
    > episode? What is your comment on that?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Killfiles work.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    The longer version is that there's no such thing as a right to be paid
    attention to. If anyone cares to ignore my posts, I don't hold it
    against them. Ignoring people on Usenet does not reflect badly on the
    ignorer, who may have any number of reasons.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Thinking that being ignored is a big deal reflects badly only on the
    person doing it....

    Quoted message said:

    So why do I get held to a different standard than Mr. Fogel? Why is my
    remembering that he falsely accused me of lying different than Mr. Fogel
    still having me in a kill-file over three (3) years later?

    IMO, you might be "held to a different standard" because people
    already *know* what a sleazy, weasel-like wacko Carl Fogel is.

    Some tolerate Fogel because they "enjoy" his Google scrounging
    "finds", the same way a family tolerates a vicious dog because it
    "protects" the homestead.- Hide quoted text -

    - Show quoted text -

    In the Sheldon Brown thread, Peter Cole wrote something that may be
    apropos here:

    "A few years ago, I was
    involved in a rather sharp exchange on a local (Boston) bike list. I
    don't remember who brought it up when I next visited Sheldon's shop,
    but
    I started to go on about how rigid, etc. I thought the other guy was.
    Sheldon only looked pained. "You both are good guys," he said "you
    should be friends." He was right, as usual. He couldn't see the sense
    of
    two people with so much in common getting petty over some trivial
    issue.
    It genuinely bothered him that two people he liked could fail to like
    each other.

    We are in this group because of our connection to cycling, and on
    this
    thread because of our connection to Sheldon. The things that bring us
    together are deep, those that divide us, shallow. I feel a little
    awkward, he'd never sermonize like this, but I know that's the way he
    felt. "

  3. Bob Dole said:

    On Feb 5, 6:16 am, Ozark Bicycle

    Quoted message said:

    On Feb 4, 10:16 pm, Tom Sherman <[email hidden]>
    wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Ryan Cousineau wrote:
    > In article <[email hidden]>,
    >  Tom Sherman <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
    >>> In article <[email hidden]>,
    >>>  Tom Sherman <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>> Tom, have you really been holding onto a grudge against Carl for this
    >>> pretty minor affront since 2004?!?!

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> I had hardly thought of it until the recent flare up. However, I
    >> apparently have exceptional memory retention for events.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>> I almost admire your single-mindedness, though I gravely doubt your
    >>> sense of proportion.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> Have you noticed that Mr. Fogel has pretended I do not exist since that
    >> episode? What is your comment on that?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Killfiles work.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > The longer version is that there's no such thing as a right to be paid
    > attention to. If anyone cares to ignore my posts, I don't hold it
    > against them. Ignoring people on Usenet does not reflect badly on the
    > ignorer, who may have any number of reasons.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Thinking that being ignored is a big deal reflects badly only on the
    > person doing it....

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    So why do I get held to a different standard than Mr. Fogel? Why is my
    remembering that he falsely accused me of lying different than Mr. Fogel
    still having me in a kill-file over three (3) years later?

    Quoted message said:

    IMO, you might be "held to a different standard" because people
    already *know* what a sleazy, weasel-like wacko Carl Fogel is.

    Quoted message said:

    Some tolerate Fogel because they "enjoy" his Google scrounging
    "finds", the same way a family tolerates a vicious dog because it
    "protects" the homestead.- Hide quoted text -

    Quoted message said:

    - Show quoted text -

    In the Sheldon Brown thread, Peter Cole wrote something that may be
    apropos here:

    "A few years ago, I was
    involved in a rather sharp exchange on a local (Boston) bike list. I
    don't remember who brought it up when I next visited Sheldon's shop,
    but
    I started to go on about how rigid, etc. I thought the other guy was.
    Sheldon only looked pained. "You both are good guys," he said "you
    should be friends." He was right, as usual. He couldn't see the sense
    of
    two people with so much in common getting petty over some trivial
    issue.
    It genuinely bothered him that two people he liked could fail to like
    each other.

    We are in this group because of our connection to cycling, and on
    this
    thread because of our connection to Sheldon. The things that bring us
    together are deep, those that divide us, shallow. I feel a little
    awkward, he'd never sermonize like this, but I know that's the way he
    felt. "

    Peter Cole may have thought the other guy "rigid", but I'll wager that
    that guy did not forward private emails, unsolicited, to a third party
    nor send out nasty snail mails to other posters family members. Fogel
    has committed both those foul deeds (I know this from first hand
    experience).

  4. Ozark Bicycle said:

    Peter Cole may have thought the other guy "rigid", but I'll wager that
    that guy did not forward private emails, unsolicited, to a third party
    nor send out nasty snail mails to other posters family members. Fogel
    has committed both those foul deeds (I know this from first hand
    experience).

    I'll wager the other guy also did not put the name of his opponent in
    the heading of a thread, using it specifically to defame him. Only a
    few here have ever stooped to that level.

    - Frank Krygowski

  5. Ozark Bicycle said:

    that guy did not forward private emails, unsolicited, to a third party
    nor send out nasty snail mails to other posters family members. Fogel
    has committed both those foul deeds (I know this from first hand
    experience).

    No doubt Fogel justified these foul deeds with lipsmacking moralizing
    about how the people whose families he assaulted were "liars". Only in
    Fogel-land is the unproven (in Fogel *telepathy* future) sins of the
    fathers visited on the wives and children by some self-appointed
    internet hero called Carl Fogel.

    It is despicable for trash like Carl Fogel to react to his petty fear
    of brighter people on the newsgroup by including their friends and
    families in his sneaky attacks. It is no doubt starting to dawn on
    some why from the beginning I called Fogel "scum".

    It is not difficult to spot scumbags of Fogel's type. For a start they
    always have a loyal gang to blow smoke over their crimes, in this case
    Michael Press and Ryan Cousineau and Frank Krygowski and some
    campfollowers whose names I can't be bothered to remember. For
    another, they cannot help conforming to their own pattern of
    psychopathology: Fogel, for instance, doesn't appear to understand
    that it is immoral and wrong for him to substitute his personal likes
    and dislikes and fears for the due democratic process in which someone
    is innocent until proven guilty; his repeated false accusations, his
    repeated cries of "liar", his stoking up of his gang into a lynch mob,
    demonstrate his disease to use all too visibly.

    Andre Jute
    A little, a very little thought will suffice. -- J M Keynes

  6. Ozark Bicycle said:

    Peter Cole may have thought the other guy "rigid", but I'll wager that
    that guy did not forward private emails, unsolicited, to a third party
    nor send out nasty snail mails to other posters family members. Fogel
    has committed both those foul deeds (I know this from first hand
    experience).

    Dude, you're such a stud to pile on an older man.

    Hey, are you coming to NYC?

  7. aka Frank Krygowski said:
    Ozark Bicycle said:


    Peter Cole may have thought the other guy "rigid", but I'll wager that
    that guy did not forward private emails, unsolicited, to a third party
    nor send out nasty snail mails to other posters family members. Fogel
    has committed both those foul deeds (I know this from first hand
    experience).

    I'll wager the other guy also did not put the name of his opponent in
    the heading of a thread, using it specifically to defame him. Only a
    few here have ever stooped to that level.

    Such as the "Goatheads for Jobst" thread?

    --
    Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
    The weather is here, wish you were beautiful


  8. Quoted message said:
    Ozark Bicycle said:

    Peter Cole may have thought the other guy "rigid", but I'll wager that
    that guy did not forward private emails, unsolicited, to a third party
    nor send out nasty snail mails to other posters family members. Fogel
    has committed both those foul deeds (I know this from first hand
    experience).

    This is interesting, what do you mean by 1st hand experience?
    -tom

  9. Tom Nakashima said:
    Quoted message said:

    On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 07:13:02 -0800 (PST), Ozark Bicycle
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Peter Cole may have thought the other guy "rigid", but I'll wager that
    that guy did not forward private emails, unsolicited, to a third party
    nor send out nasty snail mails to other posters family members. Fogel
    has committed both those foul deeds (I know this from first hand
    experience).

    This is interesting, what do you mean by 1st hand experience?
    -tom

    IOW, it happened to me, and Carl Fogel was the perp.

  10. "Ozark Bicycle" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Tom Nakashima said:
    Quoted message said:

    On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 07:13:02 -0800 (PST), Ozark Bicycle
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Peter Cole may have thought the other guy "rigid", but I'll wager that
    that guy did not forward private emails, unsolicited, to a third party
    nor send out nasty snail mails to other posters family members. Fogel
    has committed both those foul deeds (I know this from first hand
    experience).

    This is interesting, what do you mean by 1st hand experience?
    -tom

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    IOW, it happened to me, and Carl Fogel was the perp.

    So was it a personal attack against you or your family, or an attack
    on your business?
    It sounds quite serious, but this is the first time I heard of a newsgroup
    member going outside of the RBT boundaries for personal attacks.
    -tom

  11. Tom Nakashima said:

    "Ozark Bicycle" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    news:[email hidden]...

    Tom Nakashima said:
    Quoted message said:

    On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 07:13:02 -0800 (PST), Ozark Bicycle
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >Peter Cole may have thought the other guy "rigid", but I'll wager that
    >that guy did not forward private emails, unsolicited, to a third party
    >nor send out nasty snail mails to other posters family members. Fogel
    >has committed both those foul deeds (I know this from first hand
    >experience).

    Quoted message said:

    This is interesting, what do you mean by 1st hand experience?
    -tom

    Quoted message said:

    IOW, it happened to me, and Carl Fogel was the perp.

    So was it a personal attack against you or your family, or an attack
    on your business?
    It sounds quite serious, but this is the first time I heard of a newsgroup
    member going outside of the RBT boundaries for personal attacks.
    -tom

    Apparently, some folks can't tell where Usenet ends and the real world
    begins. Carl Fogel would be a prime example. The attacks were personal
    in nature.

  12. "Ozark Bicycle" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Tom Nakashima said:

    "Ozark Bicycle" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    news:[email hidden]...

    Tom Nakashima said:
    Quoted message said:

    On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 07:13:02 -0800 (PST), Ozark Bicycle
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >Peter Cole may have thought the other guy "rigid", but I'll wager that
    >that guy did not forward private emails, unsolicited, to a third party
    >nor send out nasty snail mails to other posters family members. Fogel
    >has committed both those foul deeds (I know this from first hand
    >experience).

    Quoted message said:

    This is interesting, what do you mean by 1st hand experience?
    -tom

    Quoted message said:

    IOW, it happened to me, and Carl Fogel was the perp.

    So was it a personal attack against you or your family, or an attack
    on your business?
    It sounds quite serious, but this is the first time I heard of a newsgroup
    member going outside of the RBT boundaries for personal attacks.
    -tom

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Apparently, some folks can't tell where Usenet ends and the real world
    begins. Carl Fogel would be a prime example. The attacks were personal
    in nature.

    Sorry to hear that,
    I would have to say that's crossing the line and going a bit too far.
    -tom

  13. On Feb 7, 2:11 am, Tom Sherman <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    aka Frank Krygowski said:

    On Feb 6, 10:13 am, Ozark Bicycle
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Peter Cole may have thought the other guy "rigid", but I'll wager that
    that guy did not forward private emails, unsolicited, to a third party
    nor send out nasty snail mails to other posters family members. Fogel
    has committed both those foul deeds (I know this from first hand
    experience).

    Quoted message said:

    I'll wager the other guy also did not put the name of his opponent in
    the heading of a thread, using it specifically to defame him. Only a
    few here have ever stooped to that level.

    Such as the "Goatheads for Jobst" thread?

    Defamation is different from disagreement, Tom. We've got a small,
    juvenile crew on r.b.* that thinks that thread titles something like
    "_______ is a scumbag" are socially acceptable. I have no admiration
    from those who agree.

    - Frank Krygowski

  14. Quoted message said:

    On Feb 7, 2:11 am, Tom Sherman <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] aka Frank Krygowski wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    On Feb 6, 10:13 am, Ozark Bicycle
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Peter Cole may have thought the other guy "rigid", but I'll wager that
    > that guy did not forward private emails, unsolicited, to a third party
    > nor send out nasty snail mails to other posters family members. Fogel
    > has committed both those foul deeds (I know this from first hand
    > experience).

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I'll wager the other guy also did not put the name of his opponent in
    the heading of a thread, using it specifically to defame him.  Only a
    few here have ever stooped to that level.

    Quoted message said:

    Such as the "Goatheads for Jobst" thread?

    Defamation is different from disagreement, Tom.  We've got a small,
    juvenile crew on r.b.* that thinks that thread titles something like
    "_______ is a scumbag" are socially acceptable.

    Apparently, you have no problem with guys whos forward, unsolicited,
    private emails (as a form of character assassination), eh? Nor with
    those who send nasty snail mails to posters family members, either.

    Quoted message said:

    I have no admiration
    from those who agree.

    Imagine the horror of not having the "admiration" of Frank Krygowski!
    The horror! The horror!!

  15. Ozark Bicycle said:
    Quoted message said:

    On Feb 7, 2:11 am, Tom Sherman <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] aka Frank Krygowski wrote:
    > On Feb 6, 10:13 am, Ozark Bicycle
    > <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >> Peter Cole may have thought the other guy "rigid", but I'll wager that
    >> that guy did not forward private emails, unsolicited, to a third party
    >> nor send out nasty snail mails to other posters family members. Fogel
    >> has committed both those foul deeds (I know this from first hand
    >> experience).
    > I'll wager the other guy also did not put the name of his opponent in
    > the heading of a thread, using it specifically to defame him. Only a
    > few here have ever stooped to that level.
    Such as the "Goatheads for Jobst" thread?


    Defamation is different from disagreement, Tom. We've got a small,
    juvenile crew on r.b.* that thinks that thread titles something like
    "_______ is a scumbag" are socially acceptable.

    Apparently, you have no problem with guys whos forward, unsolicited,
    private emails...

    I will not purchase products from a certain bicycle company since one of
    the people who they chose to represent them posted one of my emails on a
    public forum.

    --
    Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
    The weather is here, wish you were beautiful

  16. Quoted message said:

    On Feb 7, 2:11 am, Tom Sherman <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] aka Frank Krygowski wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    On Feb 6, 10:13 am, Ozark Bicycle
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Peter Cole may have thought the other guy "rigid", but I'll wager that
    > that guy did not forward private emails, unsolicited, to a third party
    > nor send out nasty snail mails to other posters family members. Fogel
    > has committed both those foul deeds (I know this from first hand
    > experience).

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I'll wager the other guy also did not put the name of his opponent in
    the heading of a thread, using it specifically to defame him.  Only a
    few here have ever stooped to that level.

    Quoted message said:

    Such as the "Goatheads for Jobst" thread?

    Defamation is different from disagreement, Tom.

    Explain to us, Krygo, how it is not willful defamation for Carl Fogel
    to call someone a liar on absolutely zero evidence. Explain to us how
    it is not defamation for Carl Fogel, when offered the opportunity to
    deny he called someone a liar, to confirm that he did call him a liar
    by saying explicitly and emphatically that he won't apologize: "I
    won't," said Carl Fogel. (Anyone hear a whining teenager cutting off
    his nose to spite his face?)

    Contrast the careful way I have marshaled the proof of Fogel's crimes
    before I called him a false accuser and a liar. Notice that I
    evaluated Fogel's crimes and made a further case that they were
    against the common weal of RBT before I decided someone as sneakily an
    unrepentantly antisocial as Fogel is scum and deserves to be called
    scum.

    Quoted message said:

    We've got a small,
    juvenile crew on r.b.* that thinks that thread titles something like
    "_______ is a scumbag" are socially acceptable.  I have no admiration
    from those who agree.

    This whine from Krygowski translates into, "If you don't keep quiet
    about our extortions, you can't belong to our gang." That's the
    authentic voice of the Krygo-Fogel Axis telling us what we can say and
    how we can say it, raising the question: Who elected these control
    freaks to lordship over us?

    This sort of dumb social pressure you, Frank Krygowski, are trying to
    apply in justification of sweeping Fogel's crimes under the carpet is
    the hallmark of street corner bullies, gangbangers, drive-by shooters,
    net-curtain twitchers, and witch hunters from Salem to McCarthy to
    modern-day Detroit. Quite contrary to your hypocrisy, it is our *duty*
    to expose cowardly bullies like Fogel before they damage free speech
    on the unmoderated internet conferences even further than they have
    already; it is our *duty* to call Creepy Carl exactly what he is,
    which is anti-social scum.

    I warned you, Krygowski, you don't have what it takes to enter
    polemics with intelligent people. We see right through your spaniel-
    like devotion to Creepy Carl. I couldn't wish a worse fate on even
    Creepy Carl than a friend as clumsy as you, Krygo. You're a worse
    burden than a hernia.

    Quoted message said:

    - Frank Krygowski

    Andre Jute
    Out of the mouths of babes

  17. Frank Krygowski opined:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Defamation is different from disagreement, Tom.  We've got a small,
    juvenile crew on r.b.* that thinks that thread titles something like
    "_______ is a scumbag" are socially acceptable.

    I then asked Krygowski:

    Apparently, you have no problem with guys who forward, unsolicited,
    private emails (as a form of character assassination), eh?

    Tom Sherman snipped/edited my question:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Apparently, you have no problem with guys who forward, unsolicited,
    private emails...

    and then replied to his version of my question:

    Quoted message said:


    I will not purchase products from a certain bicycle company since one of
    the people who they chose to represent them posted one of my emails on a
    public forum.

    Your snipping changed the essence of my question. Why did you do that?

  18. Ozark Bicycle said:

    Frank Krygowski opined:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Defamation is different from disagreement, Tom. We've got a small,
    > juvenile crew on r.b.* that thinks that thread titles something like
    > "_______ is a scumbag" are socially acceptable.

    I then asked Krygowski:

    Apparently, you have no problem with guys who forward, unsolicited,
    private emails (as a form of character assassination), eh?

    Tom Sherman snipped/edited my question:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Apparently, you have no problem with guys who forward, unsolicited,
    private emails...

    and then replied to his version of my question:

    Quoted message said:

    I will not purchase products from a certain bicycle company since one of
    the people who they chose to represent them posted one of my emails on a
    public forum.

    Your snipping changed the essence of my question. Why did you do that?

    I removed what was irrelevant to my response. I do not see why this
    would be an issue, unless Frank Krygowski did in, since that is to whom
    the question was directed.

    --
    Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
    The weather is here, wish you were beautiful

  19. On Feb 9, 12:35 am, Tom Sherman <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Ozark Bicycle said:

    Frank Krygowski opined:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> Defamation is different from disagreement, Tom.  We've got a small,
    >> juvenile crew on r.b.* that thinks that thread titles something like
    >> "_______ is a scumbag" are socially acceptable.

    Quoted message said:

    I then asked Krygowski:

    Quoted message said:

    Apparently, you have no problem with guys who forward, unsolicited,
    private emails (as a form of character assassination), eh?

    Quoted message said:

    Tom Sherman snipped/edited my question:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Apparently, you have no problem with guys who forward, unsolicited,
    > private emails...

    Quoted message said:

    and then replied to his version of my question:

    Quoted message said:

    I will not purchase products from a certain bicycle company since one of
    the people who they chose to represent them posted one of my emails on a
    public forum.

    Quoted message said:

    Your snipping changed the essence of my question. Why did you do that?

    I removed what was irrelevant to my response. I do not see why this
    would be an issue, unless Frank Krygowski did in, since that is to whom
    the question was directed.

    In this instance I agree with Oz.. Just "forwarding private e-mails"
    is merely foul manners; par for the course for Carl Fogel, and below
    the radar of people like Frank Krygowski.

    But Oz is accusing Carl Fogel of "forwarding private emails (as a
    form of character assassination)", a crime several magnitudes above
    mere bad manners.

    I think, on balance, given the context, it might have been better not
    to trim Oz's short post or, alternatively, to have given it in full
    below your signature, which allows you above your signature to do with
    it whatever you like.

    Just my two cents.

    Andre Jute

  20. Andre Jute said:

    On Feb 9, 12:35 am, Tom Sherman <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Ozark Bicycle said:

    Frank Krygowski opined:
    >>> Defamation is different from disagreement, Tom. We've got a small,
    >>> juvenile crew on r.b.* that thinks that thread titles something like
    >>> "_______ is a scumbag" are socially acceptable.
    I then asked Krygowski:
    Apparently, you have no problem with guys who forward, unsolicited,
    private emails (as a form of character assassination), eh?
    Tom Sherman snipped/edited my question:
    >> Apparently, you have no problem with guys who forward, unsolicited,
    >> private emails...
    and then replied to his version of my question:
    > I will not purchase products from a certain bicycle company since one of
    > the people who they chose to represent them posted one of my emails on a
    > public forum.
    Your snipping changed the essence of my question. Why did you do that?


    I removed what was irrelevant to my response. I do not see why this
    would be an issue, unless Frank Krygowski did in, since that is to whom
    the question was directed.

    In this instance I agree with Oz.. Just "forwarding private e-mails"
    is merely foul manners; par for the course for Carl Fogel, and below
    the radar of people like Frank Krygowski.

    But Oz is accusing Carl Fogel of "forwarding private emails (as a
    form of character assassination)", a crime several magnitudes above
    mere bad manners.

    I think, on balance, given the context, it might have been better not
    to trim Oz's short post or, alternatively, to have given it in full
    below your signature, which allows you above your signature to do with
    it whatever you like.

    With a threaded newsreader, anyone interested can read Ozark Bicycle's
    post in its entirety.

    --
    Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
    The weather is here, wish you were beautiful

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.