Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion

"Rampred and Pinned" Triple crankset?

Started by Steve Fox · · Last activity · 11 posts · 826 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Recumbent bicycles
Published
29 November 2004
Last activity
1 December 2004
Original author
Steve Fox
Posts
11
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
826
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–11 of 11
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Bike shops pretty limited here. Anyone have a suggestion as to how I
    can get a "ramped and pinned triple crankset (sizes to be determined) at
    a reasonable price (not Campy or Ultegra)?

    Thanks.

    --
    Steve Fox
    McKinleyville, CA
    http://members.cox.net/steve.fox

  2. Steve:
    why not just go with a 105 crank those rings are pinned and ramped also at a
    lower price.
    Thank you Earl
    GRR,RANS V2
    Ti Rush,Ti Pursuit

  3. I've got a 105 from my RANS V2, I'de be willing to part with at a very
    reasonable price,it's a 175mm though.

    ben fox
    "Steve Fox" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:fwKqd.179998$G15.14630@fed1read03...

    Quoted message said:

    Bike shops pretty limited here. Anyone have a suggestion as to how I
    can get a "ramped and pinned triple crankset (sizes to be determined) at
    a reasonable price (not Campy or Ultegra)?

    Thanks.

    --
    Steve Fox
    McKinleyville, CA
    http://members.cox.net/steve.fox

  4. Steve ,Please send me a valid e-mail address and I'll get back to you.I
    tried to respond to your e-mail and it came back.
    Ben
    "Steve Fox" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:fwKqd.179998$G15.14630@fed1read03...

    Quoted message said:

    Bike shops pretty limited here. Anyone have a suggestion as to how I
    can get a "ramped and pinned triple crankset (sizes to be determined) at
    a reasonable price (not Campy or Ultegra)?

    Thanks.

    --
    Steve Fox
    McKinleyville, CA
    http://members.cox.net/steve.fox

  5. Ben Fox said:

    Steve ,Please send me a valid e-mail address and I'll get back to you.I
    tried to respond to your e-mail and it came back.
    Ben
    "Steve Fox" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:fwKqd.179998$G15.14630@fed1read03...

    Quoted message said:

    Bike shops pretty limited here. Anyone have a suggestion as to how I
    can get a "ramped and pinned triple crankset (sizes to be determined) at
    a reasonable price (not Campy or Ultegra)?

    Thanks.

    --
    Steve Fox
    McKinleyville, CA
    http://members.cox.net/steve.fox


    Ben,

    Sent you a private message.

    Steve

    --
    Steve Fox
    McKinleyville, CA
    http://members.cox.net/steve.fox

  6. Steve,

    Try Harris Cyclery.
    http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/cranks.html
    The Sugino XD300 is a great crank for the money.

    Enjoy,

    Perry Butler

    Steve Fox <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<fwKqd.179998$G15.14630@fed1read03>...

    Quoted message said:

    Bike shops pretty limited here. Anyone have a suggestion as to how I
    can get a "ramped and pinned triple crankset (sizes to be determined) at
    a reasonable price (not Campy or Ultegra)?

    Thanks.

  7. news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Steve:
    why not just go with a 105 crank those rings are pinned and ramped also at a
    lower price.

    All of Shimano's triple cranksets, all the way down to Sora, have
    ramped and pinned chainrings.

    In my experience, ramped and pinned rings are not completely
    necessary. While they do make the shift faster and easier, they're
    only a marginal improvement over old-style flat chainrings.

    Jeff

  8. Steve,

    You may not need a whole crankset unless yours is spent. I bought two
    TA chainrings from Harris Cyclery for my recumbent Tandem (I can't see
    the chainrings, so I can't finesse the shifter). Shifts flawlessly.
    And I went 52(original)-48-26 - quite a big jump.

    Steve Fox <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<fwKqd.179998$G15.14630@fed1read03>...

    Quoted message said:

    Bike shops pretty limited here. Anyone have a suggestion as to how I
    can get a "ramped and pinned triple crankset (sizes to be determined) at
    a reasonable price (not Campy or Ultegra)?

    Thanks.

  9. Ben Fox said:

    I've got a 105 from my RANS V2, I'de be willing to part with at a very
    reasonable price,it's a 175mm though....

    Ben,

    So what length cranks did you end up with? I would expect that you would
    find the 175-mm one a little long. [1]

    [1] I have an 86-cm (34-inch) inseam and find 175-mm cranks too long for
    anything but the MTB.

    --
    Tom Sherman - Rock Island County Illinois
    Tetrahedral carbon lattices are not forever.

  10. Tom,

    Been riding 175s all along. Solution to the ring issue was simple:
    bike shop just replaced the big and middle rings with same-size ramped
    and pinned jobs. No idea it would be so easy.

    Steve

    Tom Sherman said:
    Ben Fox said:

    I've got a 105 from my RANS V2, I'de be willing to part with at a very
    reasonable price,it's a 175mm though....

    Ben,

    So what length cranks did you end up with? I would expect that you
    would find the 175-mm one a little long. [1]

    [1] I have an 86-cm (34-inch) inseam and find 175-mm cranks too long
    for anything but the MTB.

    --
    Steve Fox
    McKinleyville, CA
    http://members.cox.net/steve.fox

  11. Perry,

    Yes, excellent suggestion and choice. I'd do it had I not already found
    ring replacements. Next time I'll go for the Sugino.

    Steve

    Perry B said:

    Steve,

    Try Harris Cyclery.
    http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/cranks.html
    The Sugino XD300 is a great crank for the money.

    Enjoy,

    Perry Butler

    Steve Fox <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<fwKqd.179998$G15.14630@fed1read03>...

    Quoted message said:

    Bike shops pretty limited here. Anyone have a suggestion as to how I
    can get a "ramped and pinned triple crankset (sizes to be determined) at
    a reasonable price (not Campy or Ultegra)?

    Thanks.

    --
    Steve Fox
    McKinleyville, CA
    http://members.cox.net/steve.fox

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.