What advice on training would you give someone who is new to racing? What areas are of primary focus? I'm fairly strong and somewhat experienced, but ride with much more experienced riders (2s and 1s) and typically get dropped.
I'm 30 y.o., been riding for 10+ years and within the last 3 have focused my "training" for road race efforts. I have raced 3x (Cat 5) and finished in top 10 each time. A few more races I can upgrade. But I want to win and not be in over my head. How should race training be focused? Sprints, Hills, Intervals, what?!? What is of primary importance? Any tips, advice, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. PLZ+TIA
<[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
What advice on training would you give someone who is new to racing? What areas are of primary focus? I'm fairly strong and somewhat
experienced,
Quoted message said:
but ride with much more experienced riders (2s and 1s) and typically get
dropped.
Quoted message said:
I'm 30 y.o., been riding for 10+ years and within the last 3 have focused
my
Quoted message said:
"training" for road race efforts. I have raced 3x (Cat 5) and finished in
top 10 each
Quoted message said:
time. A few more races I can upgrade. But I want to win and not be in
over my head.
Quoted message said:
How should race training be focused? Sprints, Hills, Intervals, what?!?
What is
Quoted message said:
of primary importance? Any tips, advice, suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.
Quoted message said:
PLZ+TIA
Your request is really too broad to give much practical advice. You give no indication of strengths, weaknesses, time available for training, goals, etc.
Have you you asked the other riders that you ride with? I would start with the 1's and 2's if I were you. You dont get to be a cat 1 without having some idea of how to train. Are you getting dropped on climbs, or getting spit out the back when the sprint starts? I agree with Carl that the group needs much more info to help you out.
"Carl Sundquist" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
<[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
What advice on training would you give someone who is new to racing? What areas are of primary focus? I'm fairly strong and somewhat
experienced,
Quoted message said:
but ride with much more experienced riders (2s and 1s) and typically get
dropped.
Quoted message said:
I'm 30 y.o., been riding for 10+ years and within the last 3 have
focused
Quoted message said:
my
Quoted message said:
"training" for road race efforts. I have raced 3x (Cat 5) and finished
in
Quoted message said:
top 10 each
Quoted message said:
time. A few more races I can upgrade. But I want to win and not be in
over my head.
Quoted message said:
How should race training be focused? Sprints, Hills, Intervals, what?!?
What is
Quoted message said:
of primary importance? Any tips, advice, suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.
Quoted message said:
PLZ+TIA
Your request is really too broad to give much practical advice. You give
no
Quoted message said:
indication of strengths, weaknesses, time available for training, goals, etc.