Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Race route for masters nat road race

Started by warrwych · · Last activity · 8 posts · 664 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
27 March 2006
Last activity
29 March 2006
Original author
warrwych
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
664
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Is anyone out there in a.b land familair with the roads near Il Cadore Equestrian Centre at Somersby NSW? Namely the Wisemans Ferry/Peats Ridge Roads loops that will be the circuit for the Masters Road Race in May?

    I have heard rumours of a climb and am interested in getting some stats on it (ie gradient, length etc). Unfortunately I wont be able to recon the route prior to race day 🙁

    TIA 🙂

  2. warrwych asks

    Quoted message said:

    Is anyone out there in a.b land familair with the roads near Il Cadore
    Equestrian Centre at Somersby NSW? Namely the Wisemans Ferry/Peats
    Ridge Roads loops that will be the circuit for the Masters Road Race in
    May?

    If this is the course that ATTA do their time trials on (and the Cycling
    Federation used to do their team time trials on) then I can send you a
    course profile in Excel and describe it pretty well.

    At touring pace its a nice ride (gentle slopes and long descents in the
    drops) - used lots by the Northern Suburbs and Turramurra guys for training.

    At race pace its rather different - I think anyone who has ever raced there
    has a Blood Hill story.

    And for "Sydney" roads they are reasonably quiet with a good shoulder.

    Happy to send you maps and a profile if that would help - drop the .x1 to
    email me.

    best, Andrew

  3. Andrew Price said:

    warrwych asks

    Quoted message said:

    Is anyone out there in a.b land familair with the roads near Il Cadore
    Equestrian Centre at Somersby NSW? Namely the Wisemans Ferry/Peats
    Ridge Roads loops that will be the circuit for the Masters Road Race in
    May?

    If this is the course that ATTA do their time trials on (and the Cycling
    Federation used to do their team time trials on) then I can send you a
    course profile in Excel and describe it pretty well.

    At touring pace its a nice ride (gentle slopes and long descents in the
    drops) - used lots by the Northern Suburbs and Turramurra guys for training.

    At race pace its rather different - I think anyone who has ever raced there
    has a Blood Hill story.

    And for "Sydney" roads they are reasonably quiet with a good shoulder.

    Happy to send you maps and a profile if that would help - drop the .x1 to
    email me.

    best, Andrew

    Thanks Andrew. I am not sure if it is the same course (it's out the back of Gsoford way???). I know the Central Coast Cycling Club is doing lots of Secret Training (TM) on it 😄

    Unfortunately I am not using usenet, so no email addy is showing for you.

  4. "warrwych" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Unfortunately I am not using usenet, so no email addy is showing for
    you.

    [email hidden]

    (minus the .x1)

    If you wanted someone to ride the course with beforehand happy to oblige (if
    you promised not to rip my legs off!)

  5. Maybe try www.cycle2max.com??

    "warrwych" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Is anyone out there in a.b land familair with the roads near Il Cadore
    Equestrian Centre at Somersby NSW? Namely the Wisemans Ferry/Peats
    Ridge Roads loops that will be the circuit for the Masters Road Race in
    May?

    I have heard rumours of a climb and am interested in getting some stats
    on it (ie gradient, length etc). Unfortunately I wont be able to recon
    the route prior to race day 🙁

    TIA 🙂

    --
    warrwych

  6. Andrew Price said:

    "warrwych" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Unfortunately I am not using usenet, so no email addy is showing for
    you.

    [email hidden]

    (minus the .x1)

    If you wanted someone to ride the course with beforehand happy to oblige (if
    you promised not to rip my legs off!)

    Thanks Andrew - just sent an email through to you.

    I probably won't get there til late Sat arvo/evening day before the race, so my recon, if any, will be in a car! But if I can get there earlier, I'll let you know in advance! Thanks for the offer. And.. I will be saving the leg ripping til the Sunday!! 😄

  7. In article <[email hidden]>,

    warrwych said:

    Thanks Andrew. I am not sure if it is the same course (it's out the
    back of Gsoford way???). I know the Central Coast Cycling Club is doing
    lots of Secret Training (TM) on it 😄

    Unfortunately I am not using usenet, so no email addy is showing for
    you.

    Warrwych,

    Masters Cycling course:
    <http://www.nsw.cycling.org.au/Files/Masters/Images/venues/road_course_la
    rge.gif>

    Do you have access to Google Earth?
    The course is at Lat 33deg 18min 55sec S and Lon 151deg 15min 54sec E
    You can use the info from Andrew and trace around the course to give you
    more of an idea.

    regards,
    Darryl

  8. darryl said:

    I
    Warrwych,

    Masters Cycling course:
    <http://www.nsw.cycling.org.au/Files/Masters/Images/venues/road_course_la
    rge.gif>

    Do you have access to Google Earth?
    The course is at Lat 33deg 18min 55sec S and Lon 151deg 15min 54sec E
    You can use the info from Andrew and trace around the course to give you
    more of an idea.

    regards,
    Darryl

    Thanks Darryl - have the map already 🙂

    Have google earth, but still grappling with how to make efficient and effective use of it, so many thanks for the coords 😄 Much appreciated! Looks like that will be my afternoon's work in the office hehe

    cheers

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.