Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion

Rabid Anti recumbent posting

Started by Bill Wiley · · Last activity · 13 posts · 1,852 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Recumbent bicycles
Published
7 July 2004
Last activity
9 July 2004
Original author
Bill Wiley
Posts
13
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,852
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–13 of 13
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. mma.tvindex.cfm

    What a jerk

  2. Bill Wiley said:

    mma.tvindex.cfm
    14&FID=2

    What a jerk

    I believe that one of the pictures is of Lewis "Limey Lew"
    Campbell (yellow LWB USS, black clothes, bare feet).

    --
    Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

  3. "Bill Wiley" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    mma.tvindex.cfm
    14&FID=2

    What a jerk

    The original poster of that thread was nothing but a troll.
    It is interesting to note however that the follow-up
    postings do not indicate any hostility toward recumbents at
    all. In fact, I detect a slight interest. Obviously the
    discomfort of an upright gets to just about everyone sooner
    or later. Which goes to my point that the vast majority of
    us get into recumbents for reasons of comfort, not speed.

    I did get a kick out of the observation that most of us who
    ride recumbents are over 40 years age. That is true from my
    observations too. But I would remind the original poster of
    that thread that unless he is planning to die at a
    relatively young age, he too is going to be over 40 one of
    these days - and sooner than he thinks. Ah, to be 30 years
    old forever!

    --
    Ed Dolan - Minnesota

  4. "Bill Wiley" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    mma.tvindex.cfm
    14&FID=2

    What a jerk

    Interestingly he purports to have the occupation of an
    Attorney. Well enough said about him then.

    So, here is my theory on his attack on us. I guess that as
    he is supposed to be an educated person he is supposed to be
    very brainy, and like most of them types, he could probably
    write a thesis on how to tie your shoe laces, but couldn't
    actually do it. Come to think of it, maybe he tried to ride
    a recumbent and couldn't so now he just tries to pay out on
    those of us who can :-)

    My other theory is that being an attorney, he might be
    trolling so that he can sue somebody to get work - maybe a
    different slant on ambulance chasing
    :-)

    Who cares what he says, (though its fun to have a reply) to
    quote somebody from the group (apologies to whoever it was)
    that said "I likes what I rides, and I rides what I likes".

    regards to all those out there in Recumbent Land.

  5. Since one of the photos on the message board is of me, taken from my
    website, I sent the following to the site owner:

    User "The Peoples Knees" posted message at url m-m-
    ma.tv/TUF/index.cfm?ac=ListMessages&TID=451514&FID=2

    Thread title "dorkmobiles".

    This posting is a violation of your terms of service,
    particularly "User Conduct" items Va, Vc, and Vf - posting a
    copyrighted photograph from my web site and adding the title
    "Two idiots".

    I am requesting that you take the following action:

    1. Revoke the poster's account
    2. Remove my copyrighted photograph from the message board.
    3. Delete the thread from your message board.

    Thank you for your prompt attention to this serious matter.

    Don't know if it helps, but trolls gotta learn somehow.

  6. Bill Wiley said:

    mma.tvindex.cfm
    14&FID=2

    What a jerk


    Gotta give him credit..a flamer extraordinaire! I personally
    ride both recumbents and up"wrongs" finding they both have
    their uses and advantages.

  7. Well, I thought I'd see what got everyone's dander up, but it looks like
    Steve was successful. The thread is gone!
    "Steve Wood" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Since one of the photos on the message board is of me,
    taken from my website, I sent the following to the
    site owner:

    User "The Peoples Knees" posted message at url www-www-
    .mma.tv/TUF/index.cfm?ac=ListMessages&TID=451514&FID=2

    Thread title "dorkmobiles".

    This posting is a violation of your terms of service,
    particularly "User Conduct" items Va, Vc, and Vf - posting
    a copyrighted photograph from my web site and adding the
    title "Two idiots".

    I am requesting that you take the following action:

    1. Revoke the poster's account
    2. Remove my copyrighted photograph from the message
    board.
    3. Delete the thread from your message board.

    Thank you for your prompt attention to this serious
    matter.

    Don't know if it helps, but trolls gotta learn somehow.

  8. Hi, Tom, by the time I got to check the link out, all I
    got was this message:- "Thread has been removed or
    timed out... "

    It certainly sounds like me on a bike I used to own.

    Kind regards.

    Lewis.

    *******************************

    Tom Sherman <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<2l1tltF7ogmkU1@uni-
    berlin.de>...

    Quoted message said:
    Bill Wiley said:

    mma.tvindex.cfm
    514&FID=2

    What a jerk

    I believe that one of the pictures is of Lewis "Limey Lew"
    Campbell (yellow LWB USS, black clothes, bare feet).

  9. No big deal for me. I see those dorky SUVs blocking my
    vision, dorky lowrider cars impessing everyone about who can
    ruin their alignment first, dorky tourists with auditory
    problems thinking the whole area is deaf, on and on.

    And maybe I did have a dorkmobile at 28. Dorky helmet and
    all. Big deal! That dorkmobile led to todays dorkmobile;
    for that I am glad. I like marching to a different
    drummer anyway!

    Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

    Terry <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Bill Wiley said:

    mma.tvindex.cfm
    514&FID=2

    What a jerk


    Gotta give him credit..a flamer extraordinaire! I
    personally ride both recumbents and up"wrongs" finding
    they both have their uses and advantages.

  10. Well done Steve!

    "Steve Wood" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Since one of the photos on the message board is of me,
    taken from my website, I sent the following to the
    site owner:

    User "The Peoples Knees" posted message at url www-www-
    .mma.tv/TUF/index.cfm?ac=ListMessages&TID=451514&FID=2

    Thread title "dorkmobiles".

    This posting is a violation of your terms of service,
    particularly "User Conduct" items Va, Vc, and Vf - posting
    a copyrighted photograph from my web site and adding the
    title "Two idiots".

    I am requesting that you take the following action:

    1. Revoke the poster's account
    2. Remove my copyrighted photograph from the message
    board.
    3. Delete the thread from your message board.

    Thank you for your prompt attention to this serious
    matter.

    Don't know if it helps, but trolls gotta learn somehow.

  11. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Don't know if it helps, but trolls gotta learn somehow.

    Get a response?

  12. "Steve Wood" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Since one of the photos on the message board is of me,
    taken from my website, I sent the following to the
    site owner:

    User "The Peoples Knees" posted message at url www-www-
    .mma.tv/TUF/index.cfm?ac=ListMessages&TID=451514&FID=2

    Thread title "dorkmobiles".

    This posting is a violation of your terms of service,
    particularly "User Conduct" items Va, Vc, and Vf - posting
    a copyrighted photograph from my web site and adding the
    title "Two idiots".

    I am requesting that you take the following action:

    1. Revoke the poster's account
    2. Remove my copyrighted photograph from the message
    board.
    3. Delete the thread from your message board.

    Thank you for your prompt attention to this serious
    matter.

    Don't know if it helps, but trolls gotta learn somehow.

    Steve, I think you are right on about someone stealing your
    copyrighted photo and using it for his own purposes. However
    I want any and all [censored] to be able to post whatever
    messages they want no matter how outrageous. That is one of
    the very best things about the Internet and newsgroups. The
    original poster has every right to say whatever he wants to
    about recumbent cyclists. Even though I disagree with him
    most strongly, I will defend his right to say what he wants
    to say to the death. He should not have taken your photo,
    but other than that he was perfectly within his rights.

    --
    Ed Dolan - Minnesota

  13. "Christopher Jordan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    No big deal for me. I see those dorky SUVs blocking my
    vision, dorky lowrider cars impessing everyone about
    who can ruin their alignment first, dorky tourists
    with auditory problems thinking the whole area is
    deaf, on and on.

    And maybe I did have a dorkmobile at 28. Dorky helmet and
    all. Big deal! That dorkmobile led to todays dorkmobile;
    for that I am glad. I like marching to a different
    drummer anyway!

    Right you are Chris! Whenever I get to thinking I am a
    dork, I look around me and see nothing but other dorks.
    The funniest people in the world are those who think they
    are cool. I just about die laughing at them. Like you, I
    have always marched to the beat of a different drummer,
    but most others are too - only they don't realize it like
    you and I do.

    --
    Regards,

    Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.