rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

questions on the dyno fireball 24"x3.0

Started by dubmuni2004 · · Last activity · 8 posts · 1,486 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
3 April 2004
Last activity
4 April 2004
Original author
dubmuni2004
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,486
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I think I am going to get a Dyno Fireball tire for my muni. I hear it
    makes a great trials tire, am I right or wrong. And does it work any
    good on the trails?😕

    --
    dubmuni2004 - the muni boy

    not a clown
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dubmuni2004's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5837
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/31540

  2. The FireBall is a great trials tire. It also makes a great Ultimate
    Wheel tire, but I've never used it off road.

    Mojoe
    http://mojoe.unicyclist.com/

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: surlymojoecar.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/201370|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    Mojoe - DILLIGAF

    Nothing to see here... move along.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mojoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/533
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/31540

  3. does anyone lese ride a dyno fireball?

    --
    dubmuni2004 - not a clown

    I dont have a signature
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dubmuni2004's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5837
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/31540

  4. I did, until I got a Mod uni. It was great for trials, stuck to
    anything, as long as it wasnt wet. if it was, it only really slipped on
    smooth marble. I never really tried it off road, but I would imagine as
    long as it's not too wet it should be fine.

    --
    Max_Dingemans - Hey Look, who's that?

    BLAH!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Max_Dingemans's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1981
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/31540

  5. I ride trails on the fireball every now and then. I like it for cross
    country bridlepath riding rather than hardcore muni. On dry trails it's
    fine, the huge volume makes for a very soft ride, and with it being
    slick it's very smooth and quiet. Having a square profile it gets a bit
    tricky riding along a slope, but then I normally ride with a Halo Contra
    which is good at this so that might not be anything unusual.

    It's when it gets slimy that you'll want your knobbles... it is good at
    rolling over mud and puddles but the minute you have to do it while
    going up or down a hill it just slips out from under you.

    The best thing about doing trials (not trails) on a fireball is that
    every now and then it makes a little "squeak!" noise when you land
    something. It makes you feel hardcore... 🙂

    Phil

    --
    phil - ex-studenty type

    "Cattle Prods solve most of life's little problems."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    phil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/915
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/31540

  6. Good tire, awesome for trials.

    --
    AccordNSX - Adam Coast Choppers

    If I had a signature, would you forge it?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AccordNSX's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/541
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/31540

  7. i have a 3.0 fireball. i've ridden it on rough trails and it does well
    until traction becomes an issue - like riding up something steep. i
    also find that the side wall is thin and folds more quickly than the
    gazz when hopping or pecking.

    i switch to the fireball only when i think i'll be riding a lot of road.
    i prefer the gazz for both trials and trails. but sometimes the
    fireball gets left on the uni and i end up using it for trials and
    trails.

    when my gazz goes bald, i think i'll use it for my road tire and buy
    another gazz for off-road. the gazz seems easier to ride than the
    fireball in any case, maybe due to the square profile of the fireball.

    -eric

    --
    onefiftyfour - Eric
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    onefiftyfour's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3495
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/31540

  8. I love the fireball (its the same exact one in Mojoes pic) for trials.
    The little chirping is awesome, and if you run it at the proper
    pressure, it allows you to get good compression while still being hard
    enough to ride singletrack with less than half the tire on the track or
    peck up very steep surfaces.

    For trails it is good so long as you keep it fairly dry. If it gets wet
    it tends to slip because of the lack of knobs. This problem isn't very
    bad unless torquing up or down things, in which case the tire may break
    loose. But it is otherwise nice, as it can be ran at low pressure
    allowing you to roll over anything.

    Edit: I also like it better than the gazz for trials because it is
    square (meaning you either get a hieght or don't as it doesn't roll off
    the edges of things) and the compound is perfect. It is very grippy but
    doesn't seem to wear. I don't know what Joe put it through before me,
    but mines as good as new.

    --
    TheObieOne3226 - Extreme Halfb*ker

    Yeah. Shut up kid!

    -The Thnikkaman
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TheObieOne3226's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4851
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/31540

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.