I have read from several in this group that have done it and say it is
fine.
Before I try it I would like to hear if anyone says don't do it.
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion
Thread navigation
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
I have read from several in this group that have done it and say it is
fine.
Before I try it I would like to hear if anyone says don't do it.
I have read from several in this group that have done it and say it is
fine.
Before I try it I would like to hear if anyone says don't do it.
I have read from several in this group that have done it and say it is
fine.
Before I try it I would like to hear if anyone says don't do it.
Quoted message said:I have read from several in this group that have done it and say it is
fine.Before I try it I would like to hear if anyone says don't do it.
I have just the small version and haven't used it very often. But the
pot for the oil has a non-stick surface. After you drain it, hot soapy
water quickly cleans it out. Why would you need to put it in the
dishwasher? I'd be reluctant, though I didn't retain the product
booklet that came with it. -aem
Quoted message said:I have read from several in this group that have done it and say it is
fine.Before I try it I would like to hear if anyone says don't do it.
I have just the small version and haven't used it very often. But the
pot for the oil has a non-stick surface. After you drain it, hot soapy
water quickly cleans it out. Why would you need to put it in the
dishwasher? I'd be reluctant, though I didn't retain the product
booklet that came with it. -aem
Quoted message said:I have read from several in this group that have done it and say it is
fine.Before I try it I would like to hear if anyone says don't do it.
I have just the small version and haven't used it very often. But the
pot for the oil has a non-stick surface. After you drain it, hot soapy
water quickly cleans it out. Why would you need to put it in the
dishwasher? I'd be reluctant, though I didn't retain the product
booklet that came with it. -aem
<[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:I have read from several in this group that have
done it and say it is fine.Before I try it I would like to hear if anyone
says don't do it.
Seriously, I doubt anyone here has advocated putting a Fry Daddy or similar
unit in a dishwasher.
RTFM: http://www.presto-net.com/downloads/instructions/05420.pdf
-j
<[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:I have read from several in this group that have
done it and say it is fine.Before I try it I would like to hear if anyone
says don't do it.
Seriously, I doubt anyone here has advocated putting a Fry Daddy or similar
unit in a dishwasher.
RTFM: http://www.presto-net.com/downloads/instructions/05420.pdf
-j
Just make sure to unplug it.
Just make sure to unplug it.
jacqui{JB} said:<[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:I have read from several in this group that have
done it and say it is fine.Before I try it I would like to hear if anyone
says don't do it.Seriously, I doubt anyone here has advocated putting a Fry Daddy or similar
unit in a dishwasher.RTFM: http://www.presto-net.com/downloads/instructions/05420.pdf
I would think that the biggest problem with the dishwasher would be
heat. I should know. I have melted about everything in the house that
is not dishwasher safe.
A Fry Daddy is built to take the heat. You would think it should be
ok.
<[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:RTFM: http://www.presto-net.com/downloads/instructions/05420.pdf
Quoted message said:I would think that the biggest problem with the
dishwasher would be heat. I should know.
I have melted about everything in the house that
is not dishwasher safe.A Fry Daddy is built to take the heat. You would
think it should be ok.
Uh, No. The problem is that the unit is electrical and isn't built to be
immersed. While the dishwasher does not technically "immerse" -- as in
dunk -- in water, it certainly will get water into all of the nooks,
crannies, cracks and thereby into the electrical workings. Should the unit
be sealed appropriately to make it safe? Maybe. But the manufacturer
specifically indicates the unit should not be run through the dishwasher.
Water + electricity = equals safety problem. You wanna end up like the
Baptist minister who got electrocuted in the baptismal pond recently?
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/US/10/31/pastor.electrocuted.ap/index.html
Don't be an idiot.
RTFM: http://www.presto-net.com/downloads/instructions/05420.pdf
-j
: jacqui{JB} wrote:
: > <[email hidden]> wrote in message
: > news:[email hidden]...
: >
: > > I have read from several in this group that have
: > > done it and say it is fine.
: > >
: > > Before I try it I would like to hear if anyone
: > > says don't do it.
: >
: > Seriously, I doubt anyone here has advocated putting a Fry Daddy or similar
: > unit in a dishwasher.
: >
: > RTFM: http://www.presto-net.com/downloads/instructions/05420.pdf
: >
: >
: I would think that the biggest problem with the dishwasher would be
: heat. I should know. I have melted about everything in the house that
: is not dishwasher safe.
"Washing" in the dishwasher doesn't melt things, it's using the drying element
that does. Turn off the "dry" cycle when washing plasting items. You'll
also reduce your electric bill by doing so as well.
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.