Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

ProBikeKit order......who's in??

Started by Gags · · Last activity · 34 posts · 2,228 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
17 January 2006
Last activity
1 February 2006
Original author
Gags
Posts
34
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,228
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 34
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am planning on getting some tyres from PBK this week. Was wondering if
    any of the BR regulars wanted to order anything and share postage??

    Also, am looking at Conti GP4000 or Michelin Pro Race 2 - any
    thoughts/experiences with either???

    Will probably place order on Thursday.

    Gags

  2. [PHP][/PHP]

    Gags said:

    I am planning on getting some tyres from PBK this week. Was wondering if
    any of the BR regulars wanted to order anything and share postage??

    Also, am looking at Conti GP4000 or Michelin Pro Race 2 - any
    thoughts/experiences with either???

    Will probably place order on Thursday.

    Gags

    [PHP][/PHP]

    I reckon the GP4000 are the ducks nuts. I am convert from the pro race 2's which to me seemed to cut up quite bad all too often. 2300km on the GP 4000s and still no signs of wear and more importantly no puntures. And IMHO they roll just as well as the michelins.

  3. "Gags" ...

    Quoted message said:

    Also, am looking at Conti GP4000 or Michelin Pro Race 2 - any
    thoughts/experiences with either???

    Go the GP4000... PR2's have super thin sidewalls which I'm guessing wont be
    good for someone of your size..

    cheers,
    GPL

  4. GPLama said:


    ...someone of your size..

    "and on this week's BR, lookout for the hip'n'shoulder manouvre as Gags sends Lama into the shrubbery 😄

  5. flyingdutch said:

    "and on this week's BR, lookout for the hip'n'shoulder manouvre as Gags sends Lama into the shrubbery 😄

    I was going to say it in a more polite way.. but Gags will know what I mean.. [censored], even I blew out a sidewall on a Miche PR2 when I was a few kgs ligher than I am now...

    cheers,
    GPL

  6. gplama said:

    I was going to say it in a more polite way.. but Gags will know what I mean.. [censored], even I blew out a sidewall on a Miche PR2 when I was a few kgs ligher than I am now...

    cheers,
    GPL


    You've put on weight?!? About time eh😉

    Do you still have that distinctive look of a terminal illness patient when you don normal clothing?:p

    Jono "See you all tonight" L

  7. Jono L said:

    You've put on weight?!? About time eh😉

    Do you still have that distinctive look of a terminal illness patient when you don normal clothing?:p

    Jono "See you all tonight" L

    Extra weight is all on the legs!!.. you'll see my rear wheel tonight.. for a short while 😉

    cheers,
    GPL

  8. gplama said:

    Extra weight is all on the legs!!.. you'll see my rear wheel tonight.. for a short while 😉

    cheers,
    GPL


    Gulp:eek:

    Jono "ONE ride in 7 weeks, if lama doesn't drop me then im doing well" L

  9. Jono L said:

    Gulp:eek:

    Jono "ONE ride in 7 weeks, if lama doesn't drop me then im doing well" L

    heh... let me know if you need a hand.. I know once you are back up to speed I'll be looking for your wheel 🙂

    cheers,
    GPL

  10. Have they got GP4000's back in stock??

    I ordered some Rubino Pro's last week form PBK (where are they?? I want
    'em!!). I was thinking about GP4000's, but all colours were
    out-of-stock...

    Abby

  11. Gags said:

    I am planning on getting some tyres from PBK this week. Was wondering if
    any of the BR regulars wanted to order anything and share postage??

    Also, am looking at Conti GP4000 or Michelin Pro Race 2 - any
    thoughts/experiences with either???

    Will probably place order on Thursday.

    Gags

    I was going to get some more prorace2 from probikekit, but decided to try the maxxis ones that got a good report in the uk cycling mag link that dutchy posted. I got one super sticky Maxxis Equiqe Legere for the front, and 2 Hors Categorie that are a dual compound for the rear.

    Phantom Cycles had the hors categorie on sale for $39 and postage was only $9. I ordered them Thurs and got them Friday morning.

    I'll let you know how they go. the Equipe Legere is the lightest clincher I've used at 180g.

    Adam

  12. Absent Husband said:

    Have they got GP4000's back in stock??

    I ordered some Rubino Pro's last week form PBK (where are they?? I want
    'em!!). I was thinking about GP4000's, but all colours were
    out-of-stock...

    Abby


    The GP4000's that they got in stock went in less than a day, they got at least 50 black ones in.

  13. "Gags" <gags_44nospamatnospamtpg.com.au> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I am planning on getting some tyres from PBK this week. Was wondering if
    any of the BR regulars wanted to order anything and share postage??

    Also, am looking at Conti GP4000 or Michelin Pro Race 2 - any
    thoughts/experiences with either???

    Will probably place order on Thursday.

    Gags

    I know I have plugged www.cyclebits.com before. But maybe people would like
    to consider using an Australian company instead of Probikekit. The Conti
    GP4000 are listed as $59.95 each with most colours available plus $10 to
    Sydney or $15 elsewhere next day courier. Probikekit has them for $48 each
    plus $19 shipping. So for 2 tyres you are only saving $20. Orders above $150
    also get a "free" pair of socks. Please try to support the Aussie company.
    Michelin Pro race 2 are $49.95 each. They also have other "essentials".

    By the way I use Michelin Pro Race 2. No probs or Punctures yet after around
    1500kms on all sorts of rubbish. The Bontrager that came standard on me Trek
    bit the dust after around 1000kms but this was due to a rather large cut in
    the sidewall. I am also a heavy lad.

    Disclaimer: www.cyclebits.com is run by the president of the cycling club I
    am a member of.

    Cheers

    Beanzy

  14. adam85 said:


    I'll let you know how they go. the Equipe Legere is the lightest clincher I've used at 180g.
    Adam

    very interested to know how you go with them, I noticed they were the lighter than the GPs and the Pro Race 2's

  15. MikeyOz said:

    very interested to know how you go with them, I noticed they were the lighter than the GPs and the Pro Race 2's

    oo oo oooo me too.. light wheels are teh rad! Sticking to my GP4000s for a while tho, they seem to be holding up well..

    cheers,
    GPL

  16. Beanzy said:

    I know I have plugged www.cyclebits.com before. But maybe people would
    like to consider using an Australian company instead of Probikekit. The
    Conti GP4000 are listed as $59.95 each with most colours available plus
    $10 to Sydney or $15 elsewhere next day courier. Probikekit has them for
    $48 each plus $19 shipping. So for 2 tyres you are only saving $20. Orders
    above $150 also get a "free" pair of socks. Please try to support the
    Aussie company. Michelin Pro race 2 are $49.95 each. They also have other
    "essentials".

    Yeah that's why I mentioned www.phantomcycles.com.au as well. The maxxis
    xenith hors categorie were only $35 each (not $39 as I said) and shipping
    was cheaper than from the UK.

    ADam

  17. "MikeyOz" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    adam85 said:


    I'll let you know how they go. the Equipe Legere is the lightest
    clincher I've used at 180g.
    Adam

    very interested to know how you go with them, I noticed they were the
    lighter than the GPs and the Pro Race 2's

    --
    MikeyOz

    will do mikey. Actually they are listed at 160g but that is probably for the
    20mm tyre not 23. Certainly roll and handle very well. Easy to get on too.

    Adam

  18. PHP/PHP adam85 said:
    Quoted message said:


    will do mikey. Actually they are listed at 160g but that is probably for the
    20mm tyre not 23. Certainly roll and handle very well. Easy to get on too.

    Adam[/QUOTE][PHP][/PHP]

    that is phenominally light for a clincher. Would be keen to hear the puncture reports and general wear factor

  19. Rubino pro
    front lasting 5300kays so far, a few nicks, no punctures.
    rear 3100 before retired (chortle) too squared off, few nicks 1
    puncture from a very sharp glass shard
    replacement has done 2200 and is looking great, no punctures
    always ridden at 115psi seems to prvent punctures

  20. On 2006-01-17, Gags (aka Bruce)
    was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

    Quoted message said:

    I am planning on getting some tyres from PBK this week. Was wondering if
    any of the BR regulars wanted to order anything and share postage??

    Also, am looking at Conti GP4000 or Michelin Pro Race 2 - any
    thoughts/experiences with either???

    Will probably place order on Thursday.

    Hey Gags, did you get my email?

    --
    TimC
    -o)
    /\\ The penguins are coming...
    _\_v the penguins are coming...

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.