Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Probikekit is having a sale again.

Started by Travis · · Last activity · 16 posts · 1,269 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
6 July 2006
Last activity
7 July 2006
Original author
Travis
Posts
16
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,269
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–16 of 16
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Just a heads up for anyone who might be interested, Probikekit is doing
    the 10%off everything thing again.

    Travis

  2. "Travis" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Just a heads up for anyone who might be interested, Probikekit is doing
    the 10%off everything thing again.

    Travis

    Which is great news if you are a stickman, or wear XXXXXXXXXXXXXL !!!
    Everytime I look I there is no stock of normal sizes. Ah well.... They used
    to send out weekly specials too, haven't seen them for a while.

    Adam

  3. adam85 said:

    "Travis" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Just a heads up for anyone who might be interested, Probikekit is doing
    the 10%off everything thing again.

    Travis

    Which is great news if you are a stickman, or wear XXXXXXXXXXXXXL !!!
    Everytime I look I there is no stock of normal sizes. Ah well.... They used
    to send out weekly specials too, haven't seen them for a while.

    Yeah, the amount of out of stock stuff is very annoying. Want to take
    advantage of the 10% off to get a new groupset? Sure, as long as you
    don't need bottom brackets in English thread... etc.

    Has anyone else had any quality issues with their clothing? I'm
    overall quite happy with my Prorace bib tights, keep me nice and warm
    when I'm riding home at 11pm in winter, but the threads around the seat
    and crotch are already starting to roughen up and my wife has
    re-stitched seams coming apart a few times now...

    They're great for getting a whole outfit cheaply but I think I'll be
    replacing items with more expensive stuff eventually.

    Travis

  4. adam85 said:

    Which is great news if you are a stickman, or wear XXXXXXXXXXXXXL !!!
    Everytime I look I there is no stock of normal sizes. Ah well.... They used
    to send out weekly specials too, haven't seen them for a while.

    Adam

    They are 'thin' on the ground with stickman kit... not many things in size 2 🙁

    Side note.. I was at a LBS promo tonight.. in short: RRP in AU is a joke. $29 for ONE Miche latex tube, and I was quoted $399 for a Giro Atmos helmet.. eek!

  5. "gplama" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    adam85 said:

    Which is great news if you are a stickman, or wear XXXXXXXXXXXXXL !!!
    Everytime I look I there is no stock of normal sizes. Ah well.... They
    used
    to send out weekly specials too, haven't seen them for a while.

    Adam

    They are 'thin' on the ground with stickman kit... not many things in
    size 2 🙁

    Side note.. I was at a LBS promo tonight.. in short: RRP in AU is a
    joke. $29 for ONE Miche latex tube, and I was quoted $399 for a Giro
    Atmos helmet.. eek!

    --
    gplama

    I'm waiting for probikekit to have a 95% off Liberty Seguros kit. And then a
    very expensive special limited edition Astana Wurth kit - only 9 ever made!
    (Wurth has pulled the plug as well now)

    Adam
    wondering if The Specials "Rudi" is on Jan's iPod this week:
    "Rudi... a message to you Rudi
    Stop your foolin' around..ah ahhh ummm
    Better think of the future..ah ahhh ummm
    Or we'll wind up in jail, Rudi"

  6. adam85 said:


    wondering if The Specials "Rudi" is on Jan's iPod this week:
    "Rudi... a message to you Rudi
    Stop your foolin' around..ah ahhh ummm
    Better think of the future..ah ahhh ummm
    Or we'll wind up in jail, Rudi"

    Der Kaisers probably trying to lift his mood by listening to Rammstein or Laibach.

  7. gplama said:
    adam85 said:


    Which is great news if you are a stickman, or wear XXXXXXXXXXXXXL !!!
    Everytime I look I there is no stock of normal sizes. Ah well.... They
    used
    to send out weekly specials too, haven't seen them for a while.

    Adam

    They are 'thin' on the ground with stickman kit... not many things in
    size 2 🙁

    Size 2??? Geez, and I thought I was a stick figure in size 3!

  8. On 2006-07-06, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)
    was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

    Quoted message said:


    adam85 said:


    wondering if The Specials "Rudi" is on Jan's iPod this week:
    "Rudi... a message to you Rudi
    Stop your foolin' around..ah ahhh ummm
    Better think of the future..ah ahhh ummm
    Or we'll wind up in jail, Rudi"

    Der Kaisers probably trying to lift his mood by listening to Rammstein
    or Laibach.

    We're all living in America, it's wundervoll.

    No wait, wrong song.

    --
    TimC
    My other car is a cdr

  9. adam85 said:


    I'm waiting for probikekit to have a 95% off Liberty Seguros kit. And then a
    very expensive special limited edition Astana Wurth kit - only 9 ever made!
    (Wurth has pulled the plug as well now)

    Cheapskates! They must expect the riders to wash their kit everyday ...

    😉

    Quoted message said:


    Adam
    wondering if The Specials "Rudi" is on Jan's iPod this week:
    "Rudi... a message to you Rudi
    Stop your foolin' around..ah ahhh ummm
    Better think of the future..ah ahhh ummm
    Or we'll wind up in jail, Rudi"

    Nah, he's been listening to the Clash's "Rudie Can't Fail" ...

    "I know that my life make you nervous
    But I tell you that I can't live in service
    like the doctor who was born for a purpose
    Rudie can't fail
    I went to the market to realise my soul
    'cause what I need I just don't have
    first they curse, then they press me till I hurt
    we say Rudie can't fail"

  10. Travis said:
    adam85 said:

    "Travis" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Just a heads up for anyone who might be interested, Probikekit is doing
    the 10%off everything thing again.

    Travis

    Which is great news if you are a stickman, or wear XXXXXXXXXXXXXL !!!
    Everytime I look I there is no stock of normal sizes. Ah well.... They used
    to send out weekly specials too, haven't seen them for a while.

    Yeah, the amount of out of stock stuff is very annoying. Want to take
    advantage of the 10% off to get a new groupset? Sure, as long as you
    don't need bottom brackets in English thread... etc.

    Has anyone else had any quality issues with their clothing? I'm
    overall quite happy with my Prorace bib tights, keep me nice and warm
    when I'm riding home at 11pm in winter, but the threads around the seat
    and crotch are already starting to roughen up and my wife has
    re-stitched seams coming apart a few times now...

    They're great for getting a whole outfit cheaply but I think I'll be
    replacing items with more expensive stuff eventually.

    I've never found pbk too good for clothing. Always XXXXXL or small..
    and prices not that great. Nevber trusted their in-house brand enough
    to put the dough on it.

    They're great for all the hardware, of course.

    Keep an eye on leknicks (sp?) in Melb.. and other local places. Even
    though they're 'usually' expensive, they have the odd sale item.

  11. "petulance" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    adam85 wrote:

    Quoted message said:

    Nah, he's been listening to the Clash's "Rudie Can't Fail" ...

    Or even The Verve's "The drugs don't work".

    Cheers
    David M

  12. Duncan said:


    I've never found pbk too good for clothing. Always XXXXXL or small..
    and prices not that great. Nevber trusted their in-house brand enough
    to put the dough on it.

    XXXXXXXXXXL.. cool.. just my size! 🙂

    Has anyone bought the cheapie multi-lens sunglasses from PBK??
    I'm thinking of getting a pair/set..

    hippy

  13. hippy said:

    XXXXXXXXXXL.. cool.. just my size! 🙂

    Has anyone bought the cheapie multi-lens sunglasses from PBK??
    I'm thinking of getting a pair/set..

    hippy


    The Prorace ones? If so, yes, I think they're great. I break and lose so many glasses frames I long-ago decided not to spend any more money than I needed on sunnies.

    For the record I've never broken or lost these ones... One pair did lose the little rubber bit that goes on the end of the long bit that sticks over the ears. That was after about 2 years. The lenses seem pretty strong, and easy to change, and light enough to carry the whole range if going out for the day and not sure of what the weather might do (on the recent end-to-end I changed lenses three times one day).

    cheers,
    Ali

  14. alison_b said:
    hippy said:

    XXXXXXXXXXL.. cool.. just my size! 🙂

    Has anyone bought the cheapie multi-lens sunglasses from PBK??
    I'm thinking of getting a pair/set..

    hippy


    The Prorace ones? If so, yes, I think they're great. I break and lose
    so many glasses frames I long-ago decided not to spend any more money
    than I needed on sunnies.

    I second that. Cheap and useful. My only complaint is one of the frame
    arms on my sunnies is now very loose after I dropped it. A tightening
    of the screw should fix it.

  15. petulance said:
    alison_b said:
    hippy said:

    XXXXXXXXXXL.. cool.. just my size! 🙂

    Has anyone bought the cheapie multi-lens sunglasses from PBK??
    I'm thinking of getting a pair/set..

    hippy


    The Prorace ones? If so, yes, I think they're great. I break and lose
    so many glasses frames I long-ago decided not to spend any more money
    than I needed on sunnies.

    I second that. Cheap and useful. My only complaint is one of the frame
    arms on my sunnies is now very loose after I dropped it. A tightening
    of the screw should fix it.

    The Kuota's from PBK are excellent

  16. I also bought a pair of the sunnies and they have survived 6 months of my usage, which is saying a lot!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.