I am about to end my 6 weeks block cycle on Wednesday. Will take 7 to 8 days off. Try to get in some active recovery to prevent my CTL to drop too ridiculously low. Will resume my training with a 7 miles ITT in Sandy Hook, NJ and followed by a hour and 30 minutes training race the next day.
Things are going well. This week I did a 3 days block with 2 races thrown in there back to back. My body is recovering nicely. It didn't show any sign of burnout or excessive fitigue. Will continue to do throw in these back to back races in my 3 days training block. Will do them until my A priority race which is in middle of May. And another one in the middle of June.
I didn't get any result since what can 133lb rider do in a 30 miles flatish, windy race. 🙂 I feel very fresh after the race. I also discover that I SHOULD be racing in the drop all the time. Seem like I am more flexible now than before.
Concerning about your power requirement question, I will leave that to our power training grurus. For me, a 133lb rider, about 200w average 20 mph over 50 miles. I once did a SST session for 2 hours and 30 minutes with an average speed fo 20 mph. The park loop wasn't flat. There is a .25 mile hill that I could only go up at 16 mph without blowing up. There is a fast descent section I could sustain 29 mph to 31 mph for 2 minutes.
smallyke said:Nomadvw, existence, bikeguy, ihana, bluejersey and the others, how was your week
mine went like this:
mon: swim easy with masters + stationary bike 20 min 250 watt/100 rpm
tue: weights + stationary 20 minutes 250 watt(158 hr)
wed: stationary 20 minutes 250 watt + last time tricking(in or gym) for this year
thu: stationary bike 40 minutes 180 watt(145hr) + weights
fri: -
sat: ran 3.5 mi in 20 minutes, swam 800 meters in 12'40", stationary bike 40 minutes 180 watt
sun: easy run 4.8 mi(135 hr) + swam 1500 meters easy
was still stiff from yesterdays run as it was the first run in months. And with 11 pounds extra on the body. Despite the fact i want to still gain a bi more muscle i think of doing a final triathlon. Im thinking of the U 1/4 triatlon not sure though. Oh i had a little question for you guys maybe someone could answer it below his own training(someone with the knoledge of it say i weigh 160 lbs now how much watt is equivalent of riding 19.5 mph riding on the tops(bike say 22 lbs)) is 180 watt a good number or should it be closer to 190 - 200 watt?
Anyways im looking forward to what you guys have done.