General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Portable gas stove for home use?

Started by Harry Haller · · Last activity · 7 posts · 1,414 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
2 January 2004
Last activity
3 January 2004
Original author
Harry Haller
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,414
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I may be moving into a new building that has only electric kitchen appliances, no gas ranges or gas
    supply to the units at all. I really prefer gas to the electric stoves I've used [although I have
    not really checked out the newer electric ranges in terms of heat output or being able to control
    the temperature] and I'm wondering whether there are any countertop portable gas stoves that might
    be a good solution for when I really want a gas burner. Preferably powered by cartridges [propane?]
    that are used for camping stoves; I don't want to have to lug one of those big propane tanks around.
    I've done some looking but have not seen anything that really looks it work. Most of the ones I've
    seen look like camping stoves and I would like something that also looks reasonably nice.

  2. Quoted message said:

    gas stoves that might be a good solution for when I really want a gas burner. Preferably powered
    by cartridges [propane?] that are used for camping stoves; I don't want to have to lug one of
    those big propane tanks around. I've done some looking but have not seen anything that really


    looks

    Quoted message said:

    it work. Most of the ones I've seen look like camping stoves and I would like something that also
    looks reasonably nice.

    Is this the kind you are looking for?

    brightspark.infoshop.asp

    I have the 2003 model with a 3.5kw output and very controllable. Look around a bit first as
    there are a few which look very similar but are not very good from what I hear. It runs on small
    cans of butane or propane. You should be able to get about an hour of cooking from a can on a
    fairly low heat.

    The link above is to the distributor's site, so they may be able to give you an
    international supplier.

    John

  3. Quoted message said:

    I may be moving into a new building that has only electric kitchen appliances, no gas ranges or
    gas supply to the units at all. I really


    prefer

    Quoted message said:

    gas to the electric stoves I've used [although I have not really checked


    out

    Quoted message said:

    the newer electric ranges in terms of heat output or being able to control the temperature] and
    I'm wondering whether there are any countertop


    portable

    Quoted message said:

    gas stoves that might be a good solution for when I really want a gas burner. Preferably powered
    by cartridges [propane?] that are used for camping stoves; I don't want to have to lug one of
    those big propane tanks around. I've done some looking but have not seen anything that really


    looks

    Quoted message said:

    it work. Most of the ones I've seen look like camping stoves and I would like something that also
    looks reasonably nice.

    I've found the one from Chef Master works very well, I first learned about it from a very well thought-
    of restaurant here in Seattle, Matt's in the Market. They actually do all of their cooking on these
    since the place is so small.

    You can probably pick one up from a restaurant supply store in your area. BTW, the butane cartridges
    aren't terribly expensive.

    Hasta, Curtis

    chef-master.comGas%20Stoves.htm

  4. Harry Haller said:

    I may be moving into a new building that has only electric kitchen appliances, no gas ranges or gas
    supply to the units at all. I really prefer gas to the electric stoves I've used [although I have
    not really checked out the newer electric ranges in terms of heat output or being able to control
    the temperature] and I'm wondering whether there are any countertop portable gas stoves that might
    be a good solution for when I really want a gas burner. Preferably powered by cartridges [propane?]
    that are used for camping stoves; I don't want to have to lug one of those big propane tanks
    around. I've done some looking but have not seen anything that really looks it work. Most of the
    ones I've seen look like camping stoves and I would like something that also looks reasonably nice.

    These are pretty common items at restaurant supply stores.

    -sw

  5. A good propane grill can do wonders, much better then a Coleman stove at home. I've cooked all sorts
    of things on mine, everything from scrambled eggs, to stews, to the more classical stuff.

    Sid

    "Harry Haller" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:kI5Jb.95507$VB2.218230@attbi_s51...

    Quoted message said:

    I may be moving into a new building that has only electric kitchen appliances, no gas ranges or
    gas supply to the units at all. I really


    prefer

    Quoted message said:

    gas to the electric stoves I've used [although I have not really checked


    out

    Quoted message said:

    the newer electric ranges in terms of heat output or being able to control the temperature] and
    I'm wondering whether there are any countertop


    portable

    Quoted message said:

    gas stoves that might be a good solution for when I really want a gas burner. Preferably powered
    by cartridges [propane?] that are used for camping stoves; I don't want to have to lug one of
    those big propane tanks around. I've done some looking but have not seen anything that really


    looks

    Quoted message said:

    it work. Most of the ones I've seen look like camping stoves and I would like something that also
    looks reasonably nice.

  6. "Curt Nelson" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I may be moving into a new building that has only electric kitchen appliances, no gas ranges or
    gas supply to the units at all. I really


    prefer

    Quoted message said:

    gas to the electric stoves I've used [although I have not really checked


    out

    Quoted message said:

    the newer electric ranges in terms of heat output or being able to


    control

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the temperature] and I'm wondering whether there are any countertop


    portable

    Quoted message said:

    gas stoves that might be a good solution for when I really want a gas burner. Preferably powered
    by cartridges [propane?] that are used for camping stoves; I don't want to have to lug one of
    those big propane


    tanks

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    around. I've done some looking but have not seen anything that really


    looks

    Quoted message said:

    it work. Most of the ones I've seen look like camping stoves and I would like something that
    also looks reasonably nice.

    I've found the one from Chef Master works very well, I first learned about it from a very well thought-
    of restaurant here in Seattle, Matt's in the Market. They actually do all of their cooking on
    these since the place is


    so

    Quoted message said:

    small.

    You can probably pick one up from a restaurant supply store in your area. BTW, the butane
    cartridges aren't terribly expensive.

    Hasta, Curtis

    chef-master.comGas%20Stoves.htm

    thanks a lot, this looks like it could be what I had in mind.

  7. In article <HVfJb.99138$pY.72306@fed1read04>, "Sidney"

    Quoted message said:

    A good propane grill can do wonders, much better then a Coleman stove at home. I've cooked all
    sorts of things on mine, everything from scrambled eggs, to stews, to the more classical stuff.

    Sid

    "Harry Haller" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:kI5Jb.95507$VB2.218230@attbi_s51...

    Quoted message said:

    I may be moving into a new building that has only electric kitchen appliances, no gas ranges or
    gas supply to the units at all. I really


    prefer

    Quoted message said:

    gas to the electric stoves I've used [although I have not really checked


    out

    Quoted message said:

    the newer electric ranges in terms of heat output or being able to control the temperature] and
    I'm wondering whether there are any countertop


    portable

    Quoted message said:

    gas stoves that might be a good solution for when I really want a gas burner. Preferably powered
    by cartridges [propane?] that are used for camping stoves; I don't want to have to lug one of
    those big propane tanks around. I've done some looking but have not seen anything that really


    looks

    Quoted message said:

    it work. Most of the ones I've seen look like camping stoves and I would like something that
    also looks reasonably nice.

    I've used one for years only to bring to the table to cook a dessert or to flame something at the
    table. The best place to buy a small portable non camping type propane burner is at an Asian market.
    I don't know where you live but if there is an Asian community nearby...it's the place to go. If you
    want the manufacturer, Email me At [email hidden] and I'll send you the name.

    --
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper the closer you get to the end... the faster it goes..

    Bob Gottlieb

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.