General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Poll How many of you? ..

Started by Anth · · Last activity · 11 posts · 314 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
5 August 2003
Last activity
17 August 2003
Original author
Anth
Posts
11
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
314
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–11 of 11
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Would take the road of 'alternative' medicine in the advent of a 'hopeless'
    situation?
    Anth

  2. Quoted message said:

    Would take the road of 'alternative' medicine in the advent of a 'hopeless'
    situation?
    Anth

    Anth, I believe that Peter Moran said that he would not find that objectionable
    when there is truly no other option. I don't know if he meant that for
    himself, but does support the idea of using Alt-Med as a "Hail Mary" treatment.

    The problem reasonable people have with this is that it is so hard to show that
    _most_ alt-meds do anything positive for minor conditions, much less life
    threatening ones.

    On behalf of the Illuminatii, uh, IMHO, it is Okay to take that road (alt) when
    the high road (mainstream medicine) dead-ends.

  3. "Ilsa9" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Would take the road of 'alternative' medicine in the advent of a


    'hopeless'

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    situation?
    Anth

    Anth, I believe that Peter Moran said that he would not find that


    objectionable

    Quoted message said:

    when there is truly no other option. I don't know if he meant that for
    himself, but does support the idea of using Alt-Med as a "Hail Mary"


    treatment.

    Who knows what they will do when desperate, and possibly unable to think
    clearly, and often under pressure from relatives? But in a sense the
    patient is always right, whatever they choose. By this I mean that it is
    not irrational to use a method with low chances of success when the
    potential pay-off gets large enough.

    What I object to is using this approach to try and somehow justify the other
    side of the transaction, the offering of vague promise to cancer patients.
    They deserve better, and lots and lots better.

    The blowtorch should remain squarely on the quite separate moral and medical
    responsibilities of those offering dubious 'treatment' to the desperate.
    It should also be directed at the mindset of the alternative supporters
    who will swallow any old excuse from cancer quacks for their failure to
    support bold promises, such as those of Hulda Clark.

    Prior to the recent crackdown by the Mexican government new quacks entering
    the field didn't even pretend to have any clinical data before setting up
    shop there. With the prevalence of cancer there are plenty to exploit, at
    a now standard $25000 a month.

    Peter Moran

  4. Quoted message said:

    Subject: Re: Poll How many of you? ..
    From: "Peter Moran" [email hidden]
    Date: 8/5/2003 2:18 PM Pacific Standard Time
    Message-id: <[email hidden]>

    "Ilsa9" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Would take the road of 'alternative' medicine in the advent of a


    'hopeless'

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    situation?
    Anth

    Anth, I believe that Peter Moran said that he would not find that


    objectionable

    Quoted message said:

    when there is truly no other option. I don't know if he meant that for
    himself, but does support the idea of using Alt-Med as a "Hail Mary"


    treatment.

    Who knows what they will do when desperate, and possibly unable to think
    clearly, and often under pressure from relatives?

    It is clear that you don't. The problem is not being unable to think clearly or
    any pressure from relatives, It *IS* I can't stand this pain much longer and
    since my bowels have nearly shut down, I either find an answer (which has not
    happened from conventional medicine) or I am going to die soon.

    <snip the quacks bit>

    And concentrate on I must do something different because conventional medicine
    HAS NO ANSWERS.

    Jan

  5. (Jan) said:
    Quoted message said:

    Subject: Re: Poll How many of you? ..
    From: "Peter Moran" [email hidden]
    Date: 8/5/2003 2:18 PM Pacific Standard Time
    Message-id: <[email hidden]>

    "Ilsa9" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    >Would take the road of 'alternative' medicine in the advent of a


    'hopeless'

    Quoted message said:

    >situation?
    >Anth
    >

    Anth, I believe that Peter Moran said that he would not find that


    objectionable

    Quoted message said:

    when there is truly no other option. I don't know if he meant that for
    himself, but does support the idea of using Alt-Med as a "Hail Mary"


    treatment.

    Who knows what they will do when desperate, and possibly unable to think
    clearly, and often under pressure from relatives?

    It is clear that you don't. The problem is not being unable to think clearly or
    any pressure from relatives, It *IS* I can't stand this pain much longer and
    since my bowels have nearly shut down, I either find an answer (which has not
    happened from conventional medicine) or I am going to die soon.

    <snip the quacks bit>

    And concentrate on I must do something different because conventional medicine
    HAS NO ANSWERS.

    Jan

    Maybe you need another coffee enema.

  6. I'd seriously consider doing alternative cancer treatments if I was in a bad
    way with cancer as mainstream doesn't have the answers.
    (Probably talking Gonzalez in NY or some European clinic)
    Anth

    "Tsu Dho Nimh" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Anth said:

    Would take the road of 'alternative' medicine in the advent of a


    'hopeless'

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    situation?

    I would - it's called "hemlock".

    Tsu

    --
    To doubt everything or to believe everything
    are two equally convenient solutions; both
    dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    - Jules Henri Poincaré

  7. If indeed you don't get that magical remission, you may get pain relief with
    some brain control
    and maybe a few extra months of quality life.
    Anth

    "Bronsing" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Anth <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'd seriously consider doing alternative cancer treatments if I was in a


    bad

    Quoted message said:

    way with cancer as mainstream doesn't have the answers.
    (Probably talking Gonzalez in NY or some European clinic)
    Anth

    Like many americans seem to put their money on the european clinics,
    likewise many europeans put theirs on the american clinics. I'm afraid


    that

    Quoted message said:

    neither continent will do much good when the cancer is too advanced or too
    agressive to be stopped by medicine.

    --

    Robert Bronsing

    Can't you see?
    It all makes perfect sense,
    expressed in dollars and cents, pounds, shillings and pence

    (R. Waters)

  8. Anth said:

    Would take the road of 'alternative' medicine in the advent of a 'hopeless'
    situation?

    Heh, given the "hopeless" state of medicine in my lifetime regarding
    degenerative disease, I took the alternative road decades ago. I have
    not been to an MD since I was about 12 years old...

    --
    _o Kristofer Dale,
    _ \<,_ ragged individualist,
    _____( )/ ( )_____ statistic at large...

    p.s. Learn and live, http://www.vitaletherapeutics.org

  9. Cool - what disease did you have?
    Anth

    "Kristofer D. Dale" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Anth said:

    Would take the road of 'alternative' medicine in the advent of a


    'hopeless'

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    situation?

    Heh, given the "hopeless" state of medicine in my lifetime regarding
    degenerative disease, I took the alternative road decades ago. I have
    not been to an MD since I was about 12 years old...

    --
    _o Kristofer Dale,
    _ \<,_ ragged individualist,
    _____( )/ ( )_____ statistic at large...

    p.s. Learn and live, http://www.vitaletherapeutics.org

  10. I typically use alternative medicines first. The chem/cut docs are mostly
    useless for anything other than emergencies.

    "Anth" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Would take the road of 'alternative' medicine in the advent of a


    'hopeless'

    Quoted message said:

    situation?
    Anth

  11. Anth said:

    Cool - what disease did you have?

    Umm, at the time, I had contracted chicken pox over Christmas from
    younger siblings, then developed empatigo, and was prescribed penicillin
    by a doctor, but had a bad reaction to it. So we are talking roughly 30
    years since I have been to an MD...

    --
    _o Kristofer Dale,
    _ \<,_ ragged individualist,
    _____( )/ ( )_____ statistic at large...

    p.s. Learn and live, http://www.vitaletherapeutics.org

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.