Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Pic Link to Expert Riding Central Idaho

Started by Paladin · · Last activity · 9 posts · 329 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
22 August 2006
Last activity
23 August 2006
Original author
Paladin
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
329
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hum Lake outside McCall in central Idaho:

    http://spudhucksters.com/HomLake7-18-05.html

    CDB, and boy do I need another road trip...

  2. "Paladin" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hum Lake outside McCall in central Idaho:

    http://spudhucksters.com/HomLake7-18-05.html

    CDB, and boy do I need another road trip...

    Hum Lake, isn't that on the way up to Lick Creek Summit?

  3. Paladin said:

    Hum Lake outside McCall in central Idaho:

    http://spudhucksters.com/HomLake7-18-05.html

    Man, I'd be all over that.

    Literally.

  4. Paladin said:

    Hum Lake outside McCall in central Idaho:

    http://spudhucksters.com/HomLake7-18-05.html

    CDB, and boy do I need another road trip...

    Looks like some good fully rigid SS riding.

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot 😉 o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  5. Ride-A-Lot said:
    Paladin said:

    Hum Lake outside McCall in central Idaho:

    http://spudhucksters.com/HomLake7-18-05.html

    CDB, and boy do I need another road trip...

    Looks like some good fully rigid SS riding.

    Indeed.

    Matt

  6. Paladin said:

    Hum Lake outside McCall in central Idaho:

    http://spudhucksters.com/HomLake7-18-05.html

    CDB, and boy do I need another road trip...

    You guys are good, ought to get Ride-A-Lot to hook up with you to teach
    him. He'd probably slow you down though.

    I offered to teach him in one day if he'd buy me a video camera, he
    won't take me up on it. He thinks I'm going to pick on him or
    something. I probably could get him to clear everything in 2 hours that
    he thought he'd never clear in his entire life, let alone try.

  7. small change said:

    "Paladin" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hum Lake outside McCall in central Idaho:

    http://spudhucksters.com/HomLake7-18-05.html

    CDB, and boy do I need another road trip...

    Hum Lake, isn't that on the way up to Lick Creek Summit?

    Good call: here's the fs description of the hike to the lake:

    Hum Lake - The new Hum Lake trailhead takes off from Duck Lake. Both
    Duck Lake and Hum Lake are at approximately 6800' elevation but to get
    to Hum Lake it is necessary to climb to almost 7800', cross a saddle
    and drop down again to 6800'. This nearly 1000' elevation gain (and
    loss) in 1.5 miles means a steep climb but you are rewarded with great
    views of both lakes that are usually only seen by mountain goats and
    other hardy climbers.

    CDB

  8. "Paladin" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    small change said:

    "Paladin" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hum Lake outside McCall in central Idaho:

    http://spudhucksters.com/HomLake7-18-05.html

    CDB, and boy do I need another road trip...

    Hum Lake, isn't that on the way up to Lick Creek Summit?

    Good call: here's the fs description of the hike to the lake:

    Hum Lake - The new Hum Lake trailhead takes off from Duck Lake. Both
    Duck Lake and Hum Lake are at approximately 6800' elevation but to get
    to Hum Lake it is necessary to climb to almost 7800', cross a saddle
    and drop down again to 6800'. This nearly 1000' elevation gain (and
    loss) in 1.5 miles means a steep climb but you are rewarded with great
    views of both lakes that are usually only seen by mountain goats and
    other hardy climbers.

    CDB

    I like to study maps. ;-)

  9. small change said:

    "Paladin" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    small change wrote:

    I like to study maps. ;-)

    And I like to ride with people who like to study maps... moi? I've got
    no built in gps as you know.

    CDB

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.