Steph Peters <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:
Second, reception is highly and quickly variable. Within 5 miles it can move from unavailable, to
unintelligible, to great and all the way back again. And this is with the aerial fully extended.I use mine at home, with its aerial firmly attached to another aerial to boost the signal. Without
this boost the signal breaks up - and I'm in Manchester which is supposed to have as good a signal
as is available. I persevere with the pesky thing because I do find lots that appeals to me to
listen to, being more of a radio person than a TV person. But on the whole I'd advise anyone who
wants digital radio to buy a set top freeview box, not a DAB.
Indeed. The people who advertise DAB even have the cheek to call it "CD Quality" which is a
downright lie. At my location, which is only 25 miles from the tallest TX in the UK at Belmont,
reception from a kitchen located DAB with fully extended whip antenna varies from OK to
unintelligible, depending on the multiplex. I just hope that AM analogue is not turned off until
the whole problem of DAB propagation is sorted out. Simon