rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Pegs on a B.C. wheel & giraffe

Started by forrestunifreak · · Last activity · 16 posts · 636 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
23 May 2005
Last activity
25 May 2005
Original author
forrestunifreak
Posts
16
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
636
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–16 of 16
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Quick question: If I get some BMX pegs, will they fit on any bicycle
    wheel, or is there differnt sizes? Will the same pegs fit on a Torker TX
    giraffe when I evantaully get one?

    Also, how much harder are pegged B.C. wheels?

    --
    forrestunifreak - Mr. addict/team YAMS member

    "You do not make the unicycle-the unicycle makes you."

    ~Y.C. tv

    'torkerusa.com' (http://torkerusa.com)

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    forrestunifreak's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6828
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40618

  2. It depends on the size of the pegs.

    I have riden a BC with plates and a Peged BC, I find them just as
    easy/hard to ride.

    --
    Evan Byrne - BCs are better than unis!

    BC Wheels are 10000x better/more fun than unis.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40618

  3. Oh and the Peged BC is my avatar.

    --
    Evan Byrne - BCs are better than unis!

    BC Wheels are 10000x better/more fun than unis.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40618

  4. But doesnt the lack of nuts/plates on the side of your feet make it
    harder to control? I guess jumping is out of the question......

    But pegs will fit on a giraffe to,right?

    --
    forrestunifreak - Mr. addict/team YAMS member

    "You do not make the unicycle-the unicycle makes you."

    ~Y.C. tv

    'torkerusa.com' (http://torkerusa.com)

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    forrestunifreak's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6828
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40618

  5. If you have the right size pegs yes they will fit on the giraffe.

    you cant jump/hop on a peged BC.

    --
    Evan Byrne - BCs are better than unis!

    BC Wheels are 10000x better/more fun than unis.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40618

  6. hmm, But how do I know what size to get? I was just planning on getting
    cheapies at walmart....

    --
    forrestunifreak - Mr. addict/team YAMS member

    "You do not make the unicycle-the unicycle makes you."

    ~Y.C. tv

    'torkerusa.com' (http://torkerusa.com)

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    forrestunifreak's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6828
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40618

  7. messure the axle size of the giraffe, then get some pegs that size

    --
    Evan Byrne - BCs are better than unis!

    BC Wheels are 10000x better/more fun than unis.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40618

  8. But I dont have a giraffe yet......🙁 Hmm...

    --
    forrestunifreak - Mr. addict/team YAMS member

    "You do not make the unicycle-the unicycle makes you."

    ~Y.C. tv

    'torkerusa.com' (http://torkerusa.com)

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    forrestunifreak's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6828
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40618

  9. My Mongoose pegs fit on my giraffe but one side didn't have enough room
    to fit all the way on it.

    --
    juggle508 - Extreme UNIcyclist

    If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    juggle508's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6701
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40618

  10. I have a Uniqo (uni/trick bike), which comes with pegs on the front
    wheel. I tried to put them on my Torker TX, but there wasn't enough
    exposed thread to get them on. One side I was able to get on a little,
    but I wasn't going to try to stand on it. I think it would be a great
    help to freemount.

    --
    shibumi - On A Uni

    Jeff
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    shibumi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8816
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40618

  11. hi this is me bubba......i can ride a unicycle

    --
    gaylord
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    gaylord's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10022
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40618

  12. how do u go up a curb

    --
    gaylord
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    gaylord's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10022
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40618

  13. gaylord said:

    how do u go up a curb

    Hop.

    Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
    --
    wouldnt you be grumpy if somone just said you had PMS? - jagur

  14. All axles are not created equal. Make sure you buy pegs to fit your
    axle. Bring it with you.

    Regular BMX pegs on a BC wheel are not what you want. As someone
    mentioned above, they will rotate because there's nothing to keep them
    from doing so. Your feet will roll right off.

    My old BC had moped pegs. These screwed onto the axle and the peg part
    was about 1.5" below the axle. They worked fine. You don't need a nut to
    hook your feet under, but that makes your footing much more secure.

    As also mentioned above, pegs on a giraffe must have enough thread in
    them to be sturdy. If they only go a few times around, you shouldn't
    stand on them. I have always worried about the threads on my Schwinn
    Giraffe axle, but they have held up for many years at this point.

    Gaylors:
    Welcome aboard! Uses the Search button at the top of the page. Read
    first, then if you still have questions post them in a thread about
    curbs.

    --
    johnfoss - The wilder Wilder

    John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
    "jfoss" at "unicycling.com" -- www.unicycling.com

    "Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'
    (http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/rulebook/) -- 'USA Rulebook'
    (http://www.unicycling.org/usa/competition/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    johnfoss's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/832
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40618

  15. litldude2 said:

    *I think its way harder to ride a pegged bc wheel than one with
    platforms. I tried a pegged bc at evan's house and when i tried to
    mount or ride it my feet would just roll off because the pegs spin🙁
    and i think its harder to balance because you only have a little space
    for your foot, its hard to explain...😕 *

    You did a good job of explaining it. I dont find how anyone wouldnt
    understand the physics(sp?) of it I thought the same thing when I read
    Forests post.

    --
    caw89 - Cody

    'Cody's Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Codys-Gallery)

    'sixsixone' (http://sixsixone.com/)

    AIM: unicaw89
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    caw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8228
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40618

  16. gaylord said:

    how do u go up a curb

    Hop.

    Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
    --
    wouldnt you be grumpy if somone just said you had PMS? - jagur

    [reposted directly on the forum]

    --
    Klaas Bil - Sir Prince of Newsgroupia
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Klaas Bil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3442
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40618

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.