Road Cycling · Public discussion

Pappy mad! No more political threads!

Started by Sierraman · · Last activity · 23 posts · 903 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
6 November 2004
Last activity
8 November 2004
Original author
Sierraman
Posts
23
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
903
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 23
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Ok, lets end it. I won't take any vows but I sort of promise to not reply to
    any more political threads and I am by far not the worse offender. What do
    you say guys. No more politics? Pappy leaving so we better quit, I don't
    blame him for being bummed. We could talk about womens cycling. What team
    will Mirjam Melchers ride for next year?

    B-

    ps- That last one by Lafferty was a good one to end it on, at least for me
    it was. I just wish those were BL own words.

  2. did you read about jimena florit's retirement? read on cyclingnews.com.she
    is a great ambassador for cycling.
    "Sierraman" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Ok, lets end it. I won't take any vows but I sort of promise to not reply


    to

    Quoted message said:

    any more political threads and I am by far not the worse offender. What do
    you say guys. No more politics? Pappy leaving so we better quit, I don't
    blame him for being bummed. We could talk about womens cycling. What team
    will Mirjam Melchers ride for next year?

    B-

    ps- That last one by Lafferty was a good one to end it on, at least for me
    it was. I just wish those were BL own words.

  3. "bobby carter" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    did you read about jimena florit's retirement? read on cyclingnews.com.she
    is a great ambassador for cycling.

    I think that most of the elite climbers are at the end of their rope too.
    Joane S. is rumored to retire every year and Luperini isn't far behind. LZ
    is gone and I think Brandli might bail out soon. Also what about Longo? How
    long can she continue? Got to admire her spirit! Dede is gone, and how long
    will Bessette continue? I think so many of the top girls will be gone soon.
    End of an era. Add Rossner to the list as well.

  4. Sierraman said:

    What do you say guys. No more politics? Pappy leaving so we
    better quit

    I'm not sure I understand that reasoning. Pappy wrote his farewell, so
    he's already out of here and won't see your message. Why change behavior
    for someone who's already bailed?

  5. "Sierraman" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Ok, lets end it. I won't take any vows but I sort of promise to not reply
    to
    any more political threads and I am by far not the worse offender. What do
    you say guys. No more politics? Pappy leaving so we better quit, I don't
    blame him for being bummed. We could talk about womens cycling. What team
    will Mirjam Melchers ride for next year?

    B-

    ps- That last one by Lafferty was a good one to end it on, at least for me
    it was. I just wish those were BL own words.

    Which is why I used the subject line that I did. I'll try to author my own
    piece for you in 2008.

  6. Sierraman said:

    Ok, lets end it. I won't take any vows but I sort of promise to not reply to
    any more political threads and I am by far not the worse offender. What do
    you say guys. No more politics? Pappy leaving so we better quit, I don't
    blame him for being bummed. We could talk about womens cycling. What team
    will Mirjam Melchers ride for next year?


    Nicole Cooke has turned down a lucrative offer to race in the USA and
    will stay in Italy....
    All the best
    Dan Gregory

  7. just as a reminder to anyone interested. to killfile laughingass, if using
    outlook, just click on any lafferty header then click message from the tool
    bar then click block sender.i am doing it next. c ya lafferty, wouldn't
    wanta be ya (bad loser).
    "B. Lafferty" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Sierraman" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Ok, lets end it. I won't take any vows but I sort of promise to not


    reply

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to
    any more political threads and I am by far not the worse offender. What


    do

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    you say guys. No more politics? Pappy leaving so we better quit, I don't
    blame him for being bummed. We could talk about womens cycling. What


    team

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    will Mirjam Melchers ride for next year?

    B-

    ps- That last one by Lafferty was a good one to end it on, at least for


    me

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    it was. I just wish those were BL own words.

    Which is why I used the subject line that I did. I'll try to author my


    own

    Quoted message said:

    piece for you in 2008.

  8. plonk.
    "bobby carter" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    just as a reminder to anyone interested. to killfile laughingass, if using
    outlook, just click on any lafferty header then click message from the
    tool
    bar then click block sender.i am doing it next. c ya lafferty, wouldn't
    wanta be ya (bad loser).
    "B. Lafferty" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Sierraman" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Ok, lets end it. I won't take any vows but I sort of promise to not


    reply

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to
    any more political threads and I am by far not the worse offender. What


    do

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    you say guys. No more politics? Pappy leaving so we better quit, I
    don't
    blame him for being bummed. We could talk about womens cycling. What


    team

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    will Mirjam Melchers ride for next year?

    B-

    ps- That last one by Lafferty was a good one to end it on, at least for


    me

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    it was. I just wish those were BL own words.

    Which is why I used the subject line that I did. I'll try to author my


    own

    Quoted message said:

    piece for you in 2008.

  9. "Robert Chung" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Sierraman said:

    What do you say guys. No more politics? Pappy leaving so we
    better quit

    I'm not sure I understand that reasoning. Pappy wrote his farewell, so
    he's already out of here and won't see your message. Why change behavior
    for someone who's already bailed?

    How can he bail? Could Kunich be leaving as well? I suppose he would take
    her RBR faces with him too then. He's the one constant besides Heather, but
    maybe he just be bailing till TDF time.

  10. Sierraman said:


    How can he bail?

    RBR is not the Hotel California.

  11. Sierraman said:

    I won't take any vows but I sort of promise to not reply to
    any more political threads

    A month from now, when the Dems are done whining and the Repubs are done
    with their "I really am smart, I really am worthy" dances, everybody
    will fall back to that position. I am more certain of that than I was
    that LA would win the TdF in 2004.

    Another prediction: Pappy will be back as soon as he's cooled off and he
    thinks everybody else has too.

    --

    --------------------

    Remove CLOTHES to reply

  12. Robert Chung said:
    Quoted message said:

    How can he bail?

    RBR is not the Hotel California.

    It isn't?!
    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3ac90436%240%24155%241a0eedbc%40dreader2.news.xs4all.nl

    --
    Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/
    Thunderbird E-mail and Newsgroups - http://gettbird.com/

  13. In article <[email hidden]>,

    B. Lafferty said:

    plonk.

    Uh oh - dueling killfilers (heh).

    --
    tanx,
    Howard

    "It looks like the squirrel's been showing everybody
    where he keeps his nuts."

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

  14. Howard Kveck said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    B. Lafferty said:

    plonk.

    Uh oh - dueling killfilers (heh).


    I know you are, but what am I?

    --

    --------------------

    Remove CLOTHES to reply

  15. Robert Chung said:
    Sierraman said:

    How can he bail?

    RBR is not the Hotel California.

    Heh heh!

    Steve

    --
    Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
    http://www.dentaltwins.com
    Brooklyn, NY
    718-258-5001

  16. "Howard Kveck" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    B. Lafferty said:

    plonk.

    Uh oh - dueling killfilers (heh).

    Krillfilers.

    Quoted message said:


    --
    tanx,
    Howard

    "It looks like the squirrel's been showing everybody
    where he keeps his nuts."

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

  17. Robert Chung said:
    Sierraman said:

    How can he bail?

    RBR is not the Hotel California.

    Actually, I think it IS more like Hotel California.
    You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

    Witness the number of people who have said they are leaving, but who
    almost always seem to creep back.

  18. "Stewart Fleming" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Robert Chung said:
    Sierraman said:

    How can he bail?

    RBR is not the Hotel California.

    Actually, I think it IS more like Hotel California.
    You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

    Witness the number of people who have said they are leaving, but who
    almost always seem to creep back.

    That's funny as hell too! I am getting some SNL tonight in RBR!

  19. Stewart Fleming said:

    Robert Chung wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Sierraman said:

    How can he bail?

    RBR is not the Hotel California.

    Quoted message said:

    Actually, I think it IS more like Hotel California.
    You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

    Quoted message said:

    Witness the number of people who have said they are leaving, but who
    almost always seem to creep back.

    Not me. I *like* it here, and wouldn't think of checking
    out!

    It's a shame that Google's archives from earlier than
    1990 aren't complete. I know I've got some from the
    late 80's that I've never been able to find.

    Bob Schwartz
    [email hidden]

    Still misses Greg Lemond's #1 fan Dave Harvey.

    http://groups.google.com/groups?&selm=9107231650.AA04761%40hardy.u.washington.edu

  20. On 11/6/04 9:01 PM, in article [email hidden], "Bob

    Schwartz said:
    Stewart Fleming said:

    Robert Chung wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Sierraman wrote:

    > How can he bail?

    RBR is not the Hotel California.

    Quoted message said:

    Actually, I think it IS more like Hotel California.
    You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

    Quoted message said:

    Witness the number of people who have said they are leaving, but who
    almost always seem to creep back.

    Not me. I *like* it here, and wouldn't think of checking
    out!

    It's a shame that Google's archives from earlier than
    1990 aren't complete. I know I've got some from the
    late 80's that I've never been able to find.

    Bob Schwartz
    [email hidden]

    Still misses Greg Lemond's #1 fan Dave Harvey.

    http://groups.google.com/groups?&selm=9107231650.AA04761%40hardy.u.washington.
    edu

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&selm=p%25gd8.5108%24p31.2
    71039%40wagner.videotron.net

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.