General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Pandora, I apologize

Started by jmcquown · · Last activity · 41 posts · 653 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
8 January 2006
Last activity
10 January 2006
Original author
jmcquown
Posts
41
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
653
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–41 of 41
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Puester said:
    patrice said:

    Admittedly, I think sometimes HIPAA goes way overboard. Having said
    that, and agreeing completely with Goomba's post, it's nice to have a
    backup when a well meaning relative or friend calls asking for a
    patient's condition, when it may or may not be any of their business,
    and being able to said "due to new regulations, we're not able to give
    out any more information". It keeps health care workers from getting
    in the middle of really sticky situations. I really like the idea of
    not being able to mention much at all about how a person is doing
    without their permission.
    Perhaps you can ask your dad to put you on a list of folks that the
    doctor etc., is/are allowed to discuss his condition with?

    Providing Dad actually wants her to know. He may be one of those
    private old guys who wants to fade away without a lot of emotion.


    Agreed.

    Quoted message said:


    In the long run it won't make a difference who knows about his
    condition but if he has a desire for privacy, it's worth helping
    him to protect his dignity.


    I completely agree with you.

    Quoted message said:


    I agree that if I were in Jill's position, I would want to visit as
    often as possible this year., but I recommend that to anyone with aging
    parents.

    I lost both parents when I was 28 and I still miss them terribly. They
    would have been wonderful grandparents for my kids.

    gloria p


    Gloria -

    Guess what I should've just come out and said was - that, IMHO, the
    ultimate decision of whether or not to share health information should
    be left up to the patient.
    It's up to her dad - or any individual coherent enough to make decisions
    regarding their own health care - whether or not they want family
    members to know exactly what's going on with their condition.

    patrice

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.