watts4speed said:For example today: 1000Kj LT interval session. I assume a non-workout day is about 2000Kj which works pretty well. I eat 70% of calories from CHO, 15-20% from protein, and 10-15% from fat. As far a micronutrients, sorry I don't track that, but I don't eat junk food and usually have lot of veggies. I weigh 68Kg.
I might have done the maths wrong, but I think on a workout day that works out as 7.7g/CHO per kg bodyweight, which is pretty damn good (should be 6-8g/kg), and plenty of protein too (1-2g/kg). Micronutrients should be fine if you eat a varied diet with plenty of vegies, legumes, nuts, etc. I assume you mean a non workout day is 2000 kilocalories, not kilojoules. A 1000kj interval session will burn about 1000 kcals when you take into account human efficiency of about 18-24%.
All sounds like your nutrition is pretty dialled. I would also wonder about timing - you should be eating during rides of an hour or longer, 40-100g CHO/hour (~.8-1.2g/kg bodyweight + or - a lot depending on your gut and metabolism, type of ride, etc), and directly after, ~1-1.5g glycaemic CHO/kg bodyweight over the 30-60 mins post-ride, beginning immediately after you stop. Also a small amount of protein. Minimise fat. Minimise fibre both during and immediately post ride.
Rough guide:
1kj on your powermeter = 1 kcalorie of food (normally just called a calorie).
1g CHO = ~4 cals/kcals
1g PRO = ~4 cals/kcals
1g FAT = ~9 cals/kcals
Hope this helps. Without doing too detailed an analysis, it sounds like you're on the right track. Good luck.
PS: On big training days (>2000 kj) I tend to eat what looks like semi-unhealthy food for a non-athlete. Eg coke, sweets, white bread, white flour pasta, sugary sports drink, etc. Less fruit, veg than normal. Eating high fibre nutrient dense food on these days tends to compromise my ability to put down enough CHO. Also, for the same amount of energy burnt, I normally eat more CHO after a relatively more intense session than a longer slower session. I think I do this naturally (I am just inclined to eat more sugar/pasta/etc) but it also makes sense physiologically. I try to eat more stereotypically healthy food on days where I burn fewer calories.