Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

OT: TDF...those crazy Gay Roadies

Started by Slacker · · Last activity · 46 posts · 2,936 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
15 July 2003
Last activity
22 July 2003
Original author
Slacker
Posts
46
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,936
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 46
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Please, someone tell me that my eagle eyes are deceiving me; Someone's copping a feel while the girl
    is down?!?!? "Come-on baby....don't worry, we'll clean up the blood after..."
    pbase.com19103919

    --
    Slacker

  2. Quoted message said:

    Please, someone tell me that my eagle eyes are deceiving me; Someone's copping a feel while the
    girl is down?!?!? "Come-on baby....don't worry, we'll clean up the blood after..."
    pbase.com19103919

    --
    Slacker

    Oops...got a little exited and almost forgot.... I think we got penetration
    pbase.com19104364

  3. Slacker said:

    Please, someone tell me that my eagle eyes are deceiving me; Someone's copping a feel while the
    girl is down?!?!? "Come-on baby....don't worry, we'll clean up the blood after..."
    pbase.com19103919

    --
    Slacker

    The other picture of the incident was better, showing LANCE heading off on his trail ride. That
    crash and the immediate aftermath was a jaw-dropper.

    --
    --
    Lynn Wallace xmission.com~lawall "I'm not proud. We really haven't done everything we
    could to protect our customers. Our products just aren't engineered for security." --Microsoft VP in
    charge of Windows OS Development, Brian Valentine.

  4. Raptor said:

    The other picture of the incident was better, showing LANCE heading off on his trail ride. That
    crash and the immediate aftermath was a jaw-dropper.

    velonews.com4520.5461.f.jpg There's realvideo on www.eurosport.com.

    --
    --
    Lynn Wallace xmission.com~lawall "I'm not proud. We really haven't done everything we
    could to protect our customers. Our products just aren't engineered for security." --Microsoft VP in
    charge of Windows OS Development, Brian Valentine.

  5. "Raptor" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Raptor said:

    The other picture of the incident was better, showing LANCE heading off on his trail ride. That
    crash and the immediate aftermath was a jaw-dropper.

    snurl.com1sqn

    for the video.

    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

  6. "Slacker" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Please, someone tell me that my eagle eyes are deceiving me; Someone's


    copping a feel while the girl is down?!?!? "Come-on

    Quoted message said:

    baby....don't worry, we'll clean up the blood after..." pbase.com19103919

    Hey, and I'm not just saying this because I'm shopping for a road bike (!), those freakin' roadies
    take BAD falls when they go down. Road rash, busted collar bones and pelvises (pelvi???)...OUCH!
    (This one resulted in a broken leg, I think?)

    However, that guy's anguish was as much mental/emotional as it was physical. Trained for years to
    actually contend for the TDF, only to have it all dashed halfway in due to some melting road tar and
    a rolled rear tire. SUCKS TO BE HIM!

    Just "shows to go ya" how little it takes to get taken out, and makes L.A.'s 4 (and maybe 5) in a
    row that much more amazing.

    Maybe I'll finally buy some body armor...FOR THE PAVEMENT!

    Bill

  7. Sorni said:

    Hey, and I'm not just saying this because I'm shopping for a road bike (!), those freakin' roadies
    take BAD falls when they go down. Road rash, busted collar bones and pelvises (pelvi???)...OUCH!
    (This one resulted in a broken leg, I think?)

    The hero so far has got to be Tyler Hamilton. The Tour is questionably the hardest endurance
    event in the calendar where you have to be at the peak of your physical condition. Not only is
    Tyler riding with a broken collar bone sustained in the second stage, but he's lying in sixth
    place! Respect.

    --
    a.m-b FAQ: t-online.deambfaq.htm

    b.bmx FAQ: t-online.debmx faq.htm

  8. Slacker said:
    Quoted message said:

    Please, someone tell me that my eagle eyes are deceiving me; Someone's copping a feel while the
    girl is down?!?!? "Come-on baby....don't worry, we'll clean up the blood after..."
    pbase.com19103919

    Oops...got a little exited and almost forgot.... I think we got penetration
    pbase.com19104364

    I imagine your face would look a little like that if you'd just broken your leg, wrist and elbow...

    --
    a.m-b FAQ: t-online.deambfaq.htm

    b.bmx FAQ: t-online.debmx faq.htm

  9. "Sorni" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hey, and I'm not just saying this because I'm shopping for a road bike


    (!),

    Quoted message said:

    those freakin' roadies take BAD falls when they go down. Road rash,


    busted

    Quoted message said:

    collar bones and pelvises (pelvi???)...OUCH! (This one resulted in a


    broken

    Quoted message said:

    leg, I think?)

    However, that guy's anguish was as much mental/emotional as it was


    physical.

    Quoted message said:

    Trained for years to actually contend for the TDF

    "Contend" nuthin', my man. Beloki was #2 in '02 and '00, and I believe 3rd '01. If my stats are
    correct, he's never finished below third in a TdF. If it weren't for Lance's dominance, that'd be
    one of the all-time great riders on the ground, not just a very good one.

    Quoted message said:

    only to have it all dashed halfway in due to some melting road tar and a rolled rear tire. SUCKS
    TO BE HIM!

    Just "shows to go ya" how little it takes to get taken out, and makes


    L.A.'s

    Quoted message said:

    4 (and maybe 5) in a row that much more amazing.

    Yeah. I usually blame my falls on rocks and roots...but I'm not (often) going 40mph at the time.

    Chris

  10. "bomba" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Sorni said:

    Hey, and I'm not just saying this because I'm shopping for a road bike


    (!),

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    those freakin' roadies take BAD falls when they go down. Road rash,


    busted

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    collar bones and pelvises (pelvi???)...OUCH! (This one resulted in a


    broken

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    leg, I think?)

    The hero so far has got to be Tyler Hamilton. The Tour is questionably the hardest endurance event
    in the calendar where you have to be at the peak of your physical condition. Not only is Tyler
    riding with a broken collar bone sustained in the second stage, but he's lying in sixth place!
    Respect.

    Word, up. It would be one thing to just stay in/complete the race, but to flat-out PERFORM after a
    (compound?) fracture, that's balls on wheels.

    What blows me away is how these guys ride with all those crazies throwing stuff on 'em and running
    out at 'em and waving [censored], etc. Hard to believe there aren't more spectator-caused crashes and
    controversies.

    Felt VERY strange looking at those skinny little tires today on a few test rides,

    (Not yet) Roadie Bill

  11. "Slacker" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Please, someone tell me that my eagle eyes are deceiving me; Someone's


    copping a feel while the girl is down?!?!? "Come-on

    Quoted message said:

    baby....don't worry, we'll clean up the blood after..." pbase.com19103919

    --
    Slacker


    Yeah, and I'm pretty sure the cammo short wearing shirt lifter behind has got a stiffy just watching
    proceedings ;-P Dave.

  12. Sorni said:


    Word, up. It would be one thing to just stay in/complete the race, but to flat-out PERFORM after a
    (compound?) fracture, that's balls on wheels.

    Lest we forget, painkillers are banned substances.

    AKAIK, even OTC stuff, like Advil is banned.

    Barry

  13. "Chris" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    "Sorni" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hey, and I'm not just saying this because I'm shopping for a road bike


    (!),

    Quoted message said:

    those freakin' roadies take BAD falls when they go down. Road rash,


    busted

    Quoted message said:

    collar bones and pelvises (pelvi???)...OUCH! (This one resulted in a


    broken

    Quoted message said:

    leg, I think?)

    However, that guy's anguish was as much mental/emotional as it was


    physical.

    Quoted message said:

    Trained for years to actually contend for the TDF

    "Contend" nuthin', my man. Beloki was #2 in '02 and '00, and I believe 3rd '01. If my stats are
    correct, he's never finished below third in a TdF. If it weren't for Lance's dominance, that'd be
    one of the all-time great riders on the ground, not just a very good one.

    Quoted message said:

    only to have it all dashed halfway in due to some melting road tar and a rolled rear tire. SUCKS
    TO BE HIM!

    Just "shows to go ya" how little it takes to get taken out, and makes


    L.A.'s

    Quoted message said:

    4 (and maybe 5) in a row that much more amazing.

    Yeah. I usually blame my falls on rocks and roots...but I'm not (often) going 40mph at the time.

    Chris

    I sold my road bike last year because I was sick of being abused by drivers.(A real problem in St.
    Louis) Before selling it, I took it out to a town called St. Albans that a lot of roadies use for
    training. Beautiful rolling hills weaving through million dollar homes. Anyway, I wanted to get the
    roadie feel. I hit a max of 48 mph and it was scary as hell. It actually handled well and gave
    confidence at that speed. However, I had absolutely no confidence in being able to stop if someone
    pulled out. I took it home, did a little cleanup, took pix and put it on Ebay the same day. It is
    now being ridden by some presumably short (50cm frame) coed from Florida. Lucky bike...:-)

    Brad Vaughn

  14. Brad and Julie Vaughn said:

    "Chris" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    "Sorni" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hey, and I'm not just saying this because I'm shopping for a road bike


    (!),

    Quoted message said:

    those freakin' roadies take BAD falls when they go down. Road rash,


    busted

    Quoted message said:

    collar bones and pelvises (pelvi???)...OUCH! (This one resulted in a


    broken

    Quoted message said:

    leg, I think?)

    However, that guy's anguish was as much mental/emotional as it was


    physical.

    Quoted message said:

    Trained for years to actually contend for the TDF

    "Contend" nuthin', my man. Beloki was #2 in '02 and '00, and I believe 3rd '01. If my stats are
    correct, he's never finished below third in a TdF. If it weren't for Lance's dominance, that'd be
    one of the all-time great riders on the ground, not just a very good one.

    Quoted message said:

    only to have it all dashed halfway in due to some melting road tar and a rolled rear tire.
    SUCKS TO BE HIM!

    Just "shows to go ya" how little it takes to get taken out, and makes


    L.A.'s

    Quoted message said:

    4 (and maybe 5) in a row that much more amazing.

    Yeah. I usually blame my falls on rocks and roots...but I'm not (often) going 40mph at the time.

    Chris

    I sold my road bike last year because I was sick of being abused by drivers.(A real problem in St.
    Louis) Before selling it, I took it out to a town called St. Albans that a lot of roadies use for
    training. Beautiful rolling hills weaving through million dollar homes. Anyway, I wanted to get
    the roadie feel. I hit a max of 48 mph and it was scary as hell. It actually handled well and gave
    confidence at that speed. However, I had absolutely no confidence in being able to stop if someone
    pulled out. I took it home, did a little cleanup, took pix and put it on Ebay the same day. It is
    now being ridden by some presumably short (50cm frame) coed from Florida. Lucky bike...:-)

    Brad Vaughn

    I hit speeds of 40-50 mph every time I ride my road bike. It's fun! After watching the TdF, though,
    I'm having second thoughts. One blowout, and I'm on the ground writhing in pain. At least when I
    fall on my mountain bike, I'm going uphill or slow downhill.

    --
    Bob M in CT Remove 'x.' to reply

  15. "Bob M" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On 15 Jul 2003 06:50:49 -0700, Brad and Julie Vaughn <[email hidden]>


    <snip>

    Quoted message said:


    I hit speeds of 40-50 mph every time I ride my road bike. It's fun!


    After

    Quoted message said:

    watching the TdF, though, I'm having second thoughts. One blowout, and


    I'm

    Quoted message said:

    on the ground writhing in pain. At least when I fall on my mountain bike, I'm going uphill or slow
    downhill.

    Yep, the speed is the best part of road biking. I only take my RB out once or twice a year lately
    but I always try to break 50 when I do. We have a few formidable hills around here (9 Mile Hill,
    Monarch Pass, Black Mesa Road) that make it pretty easy to do if you don't have a head wind. I've
    never dumped my RB and pray I never do...

    I second Bomba's thoughts of Tyler Hamilton. Pretty amazing. The look of anguish when he has to
    climb out of the saddle is pretty telling. That guy is damn tough. Even if he is a roadie ;-).

    I also had to laugh a little at Lance's offroad adventure. It's like that Subaru commercial from
    last year where he on his road bike and leads all the other riders off onto some singletrack where
    they all biff. Life imitates art...

    Matt

  16. bomba said:
    Slacker said:
    Quoted message said:

    Please, someone tell me that my eagle eyes are deceiving me; Someone's copping a feel while the
    girl is down?!?!? "Come-on baby....don't worry, we'll clean up the blood after..."
    pbase.com19103919

    Oops...got a little exited and almost forgot.... I think we got penetration
    pbase.com19104364

    I imagine your face would look a little like that if you'd just broken your leg, wrist and elbow...

    AND just lost the chance at winning what is arguably the biggest annual sporting event in the world
    - an event that would have made him a huge star, and secured his economic future.

    None of us "mortals" can even fathom the amount of pain and suffering it took to get him TO the
    crash - to have it all go up in smoke because of some melted tar on the road would be anguish beyond
    words. Anyone who thinks Beloki doesn't know how to suffer should go ride with "those girls" some
    time. I think we know who'd be blubbering.

    Mark Hickey Habanero Cycles habcycles.comhabcycles.com Home of the $695 ti frame

  17. "B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <Keep it in the [email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Sorni said:


    Word, up. It would be one thing to just stay in/complete the race, but


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    flat-out PERFORM after a (compound?) fracture, that's balls on wheels.

    Lest we forget, painkillers are banned substances.

    AKAIK, even OTC stuff, like Advil is banned.

    Barry

    Are you sure on that? I thought I heard that there are "legal" pain killers, but I am not certain.
    Anyone know for sure?
    --
    Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove .nospam. if replying)

  18. Mark Hickey said:
    Quoted message said:

    I imagine your face would look a little like that if you'd just broken your leg, wrist and
    elbow...

    AND just lost the chance at winning what is arguably the biggest annual sporting event in the world
    - an event that would have made him a huge star, and secured his economic future.

    None of us "mortals" can even fathom the amount of pain and suffering it took to get him TO the
    crash - to have it all go up in smoke because of some melted tar on the road would be anguish
    beyond words. Anyone who thinks Beloki doesn't know how to suffer should go ride with "those girls"
    some time. I think we know who'd be blubbering.

    Mountain bikers who've never ridden on the road, or only do so casually, just have no clue about
    what goes on there, how hard it is, the strength and fitness required, and the level of competition.

    OTOH, roadies who ride mountain bikes (and/or do cyclecross) have a deep and personal appreciation
    of Lance's move through the field and back into his pack after avoiding stacking with Belocki.

    --dt

  19. "Dave" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    "Slacker" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Please, someone tell me that my eagle eyes are deceiving me; Someone's


    copping a feel while the girl is down?!?!? "Come-on

    Quoted message said:

    baby....don't worry, we'll clean up the blood after..." pbase.com19103919

    --
    Slacker


    Yeah, and I'm pretty sure the cammo short wearing shirt lifter behind has got a stiffy just
    watching proceedings ;-P Dave.

    Maybe it's a bottle of GU?

  20. "Bob M" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On 15 Jul 2003 06:50:49 -0700, Brad and Julie Vaughn <[email hidden]> wrote:

    I hit speeds of 40-50 mph every time I ride my road bike. It's fun!


    After

    Quoted message said:

    watching the TdF, though, I'm having second thoughts. One blowout, and


    I'm

    Quoted message said:

    on the ground writhing in pain. At least when I fall on my mountain bike, I'm going uphill or slow
    downhill.

    --
    Bob M in CT Remove 'x.' to reply

    On the way back from a ride Sun morning I went down a (road) hill I hadnt been down before on my
    MTB. I hit 48mph (this was with rucksack etc) and was braking often... it got a little squirelly at
    times. I havent been down it before on my road bike but I will be doing it this weekend just to see
    how fast I can get!!! Mark

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.