"Terry" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
I have been happy with TinyPic for a very long time. I see that they have decided to post a thumbnail of the pic and give you menu options to enlarge the photo.
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
I liked it better when it defaulted to the full view of the picture.
Quoted message said:
I plan to change to something else.
Quoted message said:
Anyone have a favorite?
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
www.photobucket.com
Quoted message said:
Um, photobucket uses the same format as tinypic... six of one - half dozen of the other.
Don't people get disk space from their ISP for hosting their own web site anymore? That's where I put my photos...
Any FTP software will work. FTP transfers can be done from Windows, *without* any special software, too.
Big deal. Command line FTP is done on Macs too and also for remote access w/o Timbuktu. But most people use an FTP client like Fetch since there are many other features.
Heh, I'm still using WS_FTP 95. Very few features there... :-)
"Terry" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
>I have been happy with TinyPic for a very long time. > I see that they have decided to post a thumbnail of the pic and give > you menu options to enlarge the photo.
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
> I liked it better when it defaulted to the full view of the picture.
> I plan to change to something else.
> Anyone have a favorite?
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
www.photobucket.com
Quoted message said:
Um, photobucket uses the same format as tinypic... six of one - half dozen of the other.
Don't people get disk space from their ISP for hosting their own web site anymore? That's where I put my photos...
Yes, but the teeming masses don't think to use it.
In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says...
Quoted message said:
One time on Usenet said:
In article <[email hidden]>,
JoeSpareBedroom said:
Any FTP software will work. FTP transfers can be done from Windows, *without* any special software, too.
Big deal. Command line FTP is done on Macs too and also for remote access w/o Timbuktu. But most people use an FTP client like Fetch since there are many other features.
Heh, I'm still using WS_FTP 95. Very few features there... :-)
I just upgraded to FileZilla from a free version of WS_FTP95 that had a problem with dates after Y2K. Did they ever fix that? The program worked fine other than the garbled dates, and did everything I needed or wanted to do for many years.
On Apr 11, 11:54?am, "JoeSpareBedroom" <[email hidden]> wrote: > "Terry" <[email hidden]> wrote in message > news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
> >I have been happy with TinyPic for a very long time. > > I see that they have decided to post a thumbnail of the pic and give > > you menu options to enlarge the photo.
Quoted message said:
> > I liked it better when it defaulted to the full view of the picture. > > > I plan to change to something else. > > > Anyone have a favorite?
Quoted message said:
> www.photobucket.com
Quoted message said:
Um, photobucket uses the same format as tinypic... six of one - half dozen of the other.
Don't people get disk space from their ISP for hosting their own web site anymore? That's where I put my photos...
Yes, but the teeming masses don't think to use it.
<lol> True dat! Even took _me_ awhile to learn to use it for ebay... :-) -- Peace, Om
Remove _ to validate e-mails.
"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a [censored]" -- Jack Nicholson
One time on Usenet, "Sheldon" <[email hidden]> said: > On Apr 11, 11:54?am, "JoeSpareBedroom" <[email hidden]> > wrote: > > "Terry" <[email hidden]> wrote in message > > news:[email hidden]...
> > >I have been happy with TinyPic for a very long time. I see > > >that they have decided to post a thumbnail of the pic and give > > >you menu options to enlarge the photo.
> > > I liked it better when it defaulted to the full view of the > > > picture. > > > > > I plan to change to something else. > > > > > Anyone have a favorite?
> > www.photobucket.com
> Um, photobucket uses the same format as tinypic... six of one - > half dozen of the other.
Don't people get disk space from their ISP for hosting their own web site anymore? That's where I put my photos...
Yes, but the teeming masses don't think to use it.
<lol> True dat! Even took _me_ awhile to learn to use it for ebay... :-)
Then, when they're done not thinking about that, then don't think about everyone not having broadband, and upload 2MB images. It doesn't take 2MB to render a nice shot of a ham hock. These are online images, not submissions for hanging at MOFO (the Museum Of Food Originals). 🙂
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 11:14:16 -0500, Omelet <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:
In article <[email hidden]>,
Terry said:
I have been happy with TinyPic for a very long time. I see that they have decided to post a thumbnail of the pic and give you menu options to enlarge the photo.
I liked it better when it defaulted to the full view of the picture.
I plan to change to something else.
Anyone have a favorite?
Tinypic still gives you the full photo if you use the MIDDLE URL! Just erase the [img] off of either end of it.
I have no plans to change.
Thank you so very, very much for this. I thought I was doing something wrong. I used the middle URL and it came up like it used to.
Little Malice wrote: > One time on Usenet, "Sheldon" <[email hidden]> said: >> On Apr 11, 11:54?am, "JoeSpareBedroom" <[email hidden]> >> wrote: >> > "Terry" <[email hidden]> wrote in message >> > news:[email hidden]... > >> > >I have been happy with TinyPic for a very long time. I see >> > >that they have decided to post a thumbnail of the pic and give >> > >you menu options to enlarge the photo. > >> > > I liked it better when it defaulted to the full view of the >> > > picture. >> > >> > > I plan to change to something else. >> > >> > > Anyone have a favorite? > >> > www.photobucket.com > >> Um, photobucket uses the same format as tinypic... six of one - >> half dozen of the other. > > Don't people get disk space from their ISP for hosting their own > web site anymore? That's where I put my photos...
Yes, but the teeming masses don't think to use it.
<lol> True dat! Even took _me_ awhile to learn to use it for ebay... :-)
Then, when they're done not thinking about that, then don't think about everyone not having broadband, and upload 2MB images. It doesn't take 2MB to render a nice shot of a ham hock. These are online images, not submissions for hanging at MOFO (the Museum Of Food Originals). 🙂
-- Blinky RLU 297263
And DON'T attach sound files!!! -- Peace, Om
Remove _ to validate e-mails.
"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a [censored]" -- Jack Nicholson
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 11:14:16 -0500, Omelet <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:
In article <[email hidden]>,
Terry said:
I have been happy with TinyPic for a very long time. I see that they have decided to post a thumbnail of the pic and give you menu options to enlarge the photo.
I liked it better when it defaulted to the full view of the picture.
I plan to change to something else.
Anyone have a favorite?
Tinypic still gives you the full photo if you use the MIDDLE URL! Just erase the [img] off of either end of it.
I have no plans to change.
Thank you so very, very much for this. I thought I was doing something wrong. I used the middle URL and it came up like it used to.
Koko
I tend to "play" when I'm doing stuff. It's very educational. I tend to check my links (most of the time anyway) before I post. -- Peace, Om
Remove _ to validate e-mails.
"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a [censored]" -- Jack Nicholson
On 11 Apr 2007 21:01:36 GMT, Blinky the Shark <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:
Yes, but the teeming masses don't think to use it.
We think about it, but our ISPs havn't made it idiot proof.
If you can copy files from one folder to another on your own computer, you can copy files to the web space provided by your ISP, *assuming* you have a halfway decent piece of software that makes it just a little bit user friendly. WS-FTP is one such piece of software, as someone else here mentioned.
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 19:57:08 GMT, [email hidden] (Little
Malice) said:
Don't people get disk space from their ISP for hosting their own web site anymore? That's where I put my photos...
I do, but I've never figured it out and have no one to guide me throught the process.
Many ISPs have directions on their web sites. Or they used to, it's been a while. I could talk you through it -- if you're interested, just e-mail me...
On 11 Apr 2007 21:01:36 GMT, Blinky the Shark <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:
Yes, but the teeming masses don't think to use it.
We think about it, but our ISPs havn't made it idiot proof.
There's usually info on uploading to it on a help page. Usually, it's no more complex than uploading to a directory at your ISP like example.com/~your_user-name or something like that.
On 11 Apr 2007 21:01:36 GMT, Blinky the Shark <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:
Yes, but the teeming masses don't think to use it.
We think about it, but our ISPs havn't made it idiot proof.
If you can copy files from one folder to another on your own computer, you can copy files to the web space provided by your ISP, *assuming* you have a halfway decent piece of software that makes it just a little bit user friendly. WS-FTP is one such piece of software, as someone else here mentioned.
While I use a dedicated FTP program (because that's what it's for), I *think* that for those who are lost outside of their browsers[1] most browsers will upload as well as downloading.
[1]The folks that use browsers for everything, however clunky that is.
On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 02:25:37 GMT, [email hidden] (Little
Malice) said:
Many ISPs have directions on their web sites. Or they used to, it's been a while. I could talk you through it -- if you're interested, just e-mail me...
I have comcast.... they have directions. I've managed to upload, but I've never managed to figure out how to get a url out of it.
Thanks for the offer! If you use comcast too, I'll take you up on it.
Many ISPs have directions on their web sites. Or they used to, it's been a while. I could talk you through it -- if you're interested, just e-mail me...
Quoted message said:
I have comcast.... they have directions. I've managed to upload, but I've never managed to figure out how to get a url out of it.
I don't normally use my Comcast web space for anything, but as an example, I uploaded an image named GerberBabySauce.jpg to my Comcast space. The URL to that file on my Comcast site is: http://home.comcast.net/~zilbandy/GerberBabySauce.jpg
Try making the obvious changes to reflect your comcast name and filename and see if that gets you there. 🙂
Many ISPs have directions on their web sites. Or they used to, it's been a while. I could talk you through it -- if you're interested, just e-mail me...
Quoted message said:
I have comcast.... they have directions. I've managed to upload, but I've never managed to figure out how to get a url out of it.
I don't normally use my Comcast web space for anything, but as an example, I uploaded an image named GerberBabySauce.jpg to my Comcast space. The URL to that file on my Comcast site is: http://home.comcast.net/~zilbandy/GerberBabySauce.jpg
Try making the obvious changes to reflect your comcast name and filename and see if that gets you there. 🙂
That's a really common scheme. I've also seen this variation used: