General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

OT: benefits of drinking tea

Started by jobin · · Last activity · 12 posts · 1,226 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
16 September 2003
Last activity
16 September 2003
Original author
jobin
Posts
12
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,226
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–12 of 12
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. reuters.comnewsArticle.jhtml

    of course, it's advisable to take it with a pinch of salt. studies have shown that sodium is
    good for us.

    jobs

  2. Quoted message said:


    reuters.comnewsArticle.jhtml

    of course, it's advisable to take it with a pinch of salt. studies have shown that sodium is
    good for us.

    Tea's very good. Especially with a touch of milk. On the downside, tea (and coffee and chocolate)
    inhibit Iron absorption and so should be avoided near a meal (or swallowing a supplement) which
    you're hoping is providing you with Iron.

  3. "steve common" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    reuters.comnewsArticle.jhtml

    of course, it's advisable to take it with a pinch of salt. studies have shown that sodium is good
    for us.

    Tea's very good. Especially with a touch of milk. On the downside, tea (and coffee and chocolate)
    inhibit Iron absorption and so should be avoided near a meal (or swallowing a supplement) which
    you're hoping is providing you with Iron.

    I think this would be a good benefit for most men as most men get too much iron from their diet. And
    unlike women, they don't lose blood every month.
    --
    Ted Current quote: "It can't be like this..." hometown.aol.comrhwbullhead

  4. isn't that because of the caffeine? if so, there are some herbal teas without caffeine.

    jobs

    steve common said:

    Tea's very good. Especially with a touch of milk. On the downside, tea (and coffee and chocolate)
    inhibit Iron absorption and so should be avoided near a meal (or swallowing a supplement) which
    you're hoping is providing you with Iron.

  5. Quoted message said:


    reuters.comnewsArticle.jhtml

    of course, it's advisable to take it with a pinch of salt. studies have shown that sodium is
    good for us.

    Personally I recommend against the consumption of sodium. It reacts too violently with water in ones
    body. And all the hydrogen it gives off in the process can be quite troublesome.

    Secondly, I recommend (if you need anything besides milk in your tea) sugar rather than NaCl.

    Malc

  6. Bill-always hard-Rodgers said:


    Tea has no value whatsoever [...] It'll also rot your teeth faster than anything on this earth.
    See that stain in the cup when you're done?

    Rot your teeth? Really? Stain them for sure, but rot them?

    I read something a while back that something in tea was good for counteracting the effects of sugar
    or plaque, and thus reduce rotting. A quick search on google turns up several links like this one:
    <http://www.atlantisherbs.com/Articles/no_cavi-teas.htm>

    Malc

  7. Quoted message said:

    Personally I recommend against the consumption of sodium. It reacts too violently with water in
    ones body. And all the hydrogen it gives off in the process can be quite troublesome.

    Idiot. My diet contains 5X the salt considered safe, yet my BP is perfect, and I have no health
    problems relating to salt. I also don't dehydrate easily.

    Bill R.

    =============> - -- - ( ! )
    OO

  8. Malcolm Ferguson said:
    Quoted message said:

    of course, it's advisable to take it with a pinch of salt. studies have shown that sodium is
    good for us.

    Personally I recommend against the consumption of sodium. It reacts too violently with water in
    ones body. And all the hydrogen it gives off in the process can be quite troublesome.

    I'll assume you're not trolling and ask, what dark place did you pull this tidbit about salt
    reacting violently? Unless you are allergic to salt or have high blood pressure, salt in moderation
    is just fine for the average bear and very necessary for running and exercise in general.

    --
    Caveat Lector "the further you go outside, the further you go inside" - B. McKibben Doug Freese
    [email hidden]

  9. Malcolm Ferguson said:

    Personally I recommend against the consumption of sodium. It reacts too violently with water in
    ones body. And all the hydrogen it gives off in the process can be quite troublesome.

    i don't know about the water in one's body, but when i was i little kid, we used to do experiments
    in our chemistry lab and one of the things which we would try to do is drop some sodium in water and
    watch it explode.

    Quoted message said:

    Secondly, I recommend (if you need anything besides milk in your tea) sugar rather than NaCl.

    i drink my tea plain. no sugar, no milk, no NaCl.

    jobs

  10. Bill-always hard-Rodgers said:
    Quoted message said:

    Personally I recommend against the consumption of sodium. It reacts too violently with water in
    ones body. And all the hydrogen it gives off in the process can be quite troublesome.

    Idiot. My diet contains 5X the salt considered safe, yet my BP is perfect, and I have no health
    problems relating to salt. I also don't dehydrate easily.

    Bill, learn to read. He didn't say SALT, he said SODIUM. Don't you remember high school
    chemistry class?

    oops, I forgot you didn't pass beyond 4th grade. 8^)

    --
    Ed Prochak running faqs.orgrunning faq netiquette psg.comemily.html
    --
    "Two roads diverged in a wood and I I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the
    difference." robert frost

  11. Hi, I'm new to this forum, but would like to add my bit as isn't it all about peoples thoughts,
    expereinces and advice? Anyway, how does green tea come into this equation? Has plenty of flavanoids
    and helps to speed up the metabalism for a period after drinking a cup. And I hate it when people
    say "imagine what it does to your stomach". If you took some of the acid out of your stomach and put
    it in a cup, I'm pretty sure it would desolve a lot of thing you could put in it and I wonder what
    it would do to tea? Patrick.

  12. Patrick Walkington <[email hidden]> wrote: ...

    Quoted message said:

    And I hate it when people say "imagine what it does to your stomach".

    i guess these are the people that drink coke and pepsi instead of tea? tell them to pull out a tooth
    and put it in a glass of coke/pepsi and watch it dissolve.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.